PDA

View Full Version : Jetting on my 400

05-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Ok guys, I am getting the W/B E series slip on this week, I live in Ohio and do mostly trail riding. What jet should I start with? It is all stock except for the pipe. Thanks in advance for your expertise. Oh yeah, it is a 2001 400EX

05-21-2002, 05:22 AM
Does anyone have any idea? What about discs, how many? I have 18 altogether and 10 on it rghtnow. What jets are you guys runing?

mcmike
05-21-2002, 07:14 PM
I live in Oklahoma, so your jetting may differ. I have a 2001 400EX that I race cross-country. It has WB "E" series slip-on with 12 discs, the main jet is a 170 and the clip on the needle is on the #3 slot (from the top), with no air box lid. Depending on the outside temp, I have to change the # of discs when I race in wet conditions with the air box lid on. Make damn sure you don't have even the smallest exhaust leak (around the clamp for instance), or it won't idle worth a crap. Also, make sure your new silencer has a bracket welded to the body of the silencer to the pipe, or it will crack around the body. The older ones like mine didn't, and I had to have it tig welded. The new one's should come with it already welded on. Mike

05-21-2002, 08:18 PM
so, how do the discs work? the more the better or less the better. I want all the low end power I can get.

DESDAK4
05-21-2002, 08:22 PM
I live in North Dakota at less than three thousand feet and I run 18 discs with the needle on the 4th notch from the top and a 170 main & 42 pilot jet along with the other mods in my profile and my bike run perfect. The less discs the more low end and the more quiet it will be.