PDA

View Full Version : 250x jetting

4trax250x81
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
I just got my HMF slip-on and was wondering what jetting is the closet. I have stock airbox, uni air filter, run premium fuel and some slight engine mods, and HMF slip on with the White bros head pipe. They gave me the jet for it with the pipe. What i was wondering is what happens when you move the needle up/down, and how far to turn the air/fuel screw. Any and all help is greatly apericated! Thanks.

4trax250x81
05-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Anyone?

ethanp87
05-11-2005, 06:21 AM
1 would say get a 132 main move needle up 1 clip position and turn your air screw about 1 turn or so

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Did you install the pipe yourself?

4trax250x81
05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Did you install the pipe yourself?

Yes I did install it myslef.

Thanks ethan for the help.

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81
Yes I did install it myslef.

This is starting to become a pet peeve of mine, so I am going to lay in to you. Don't take it too personally, I'm not really laying in to YOU, but rather to everybody like you, in hopes that other people will read it.

It's very simple. If you don't know exactly what you are doing, DON'T DO IT! Just because you can unscrew and re-install a couple bolts, it does NOT mean you are qualified to be making upgrades. If you don't know how to re-jet, or worse, if you don't even know that you SHOULD re-jet, you should not be installing your pipe. If you don't know what the needle jet does, or what happens when you move it, then put down the wrench and back away.

I'm not saying that you should never do any upgrades, or that you should never ask any questions. By all means, come on here and ask questions, that's what this forum is for, for beginners as well as advanced to get on and share information and learn.

But for crying out loud, do your research BEFORE you jump into the project. Learn a little bit about the project, about everything that is involved. Go into a project KNOWING what needs to be done, about all the different aspects to your project, and how much work really needs to be done.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. Instead, go learn a little bit about it, so that you DO know what you're doing.

Again, I'm not yelling at you personally, but rather at everybody like you.

4trax250x81
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I understand completely what you are saying, but I have done everything to my fourwheeler by myself and this is something I never really got that in depth into, so I was asking for the help from the many experts on this site. Ive had carbs completely apart for cleaning but i never got into adjusting them to this extent and was curious where i should start. Once again, I know exactly what you are saying but i feel i dont fit into that category. Thanks for the help.

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 10:57 AM
No offense, but I think you fit exactly into that category. You have all the mechanical ability, but very little of the actual knowledge. You have verified yourself that even though you know how a carb goes together, you don't know exactly how it works.

400exrider707
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree and disagree at the same time. You should try and do a little research BEFORE you jump into something, but I always learned by doing, and I think its the best way to learn.

prepracing
05-16-2005, 02:28 AM
yeah, a little trial and error work is the best way to learn how things work. And its not like were working with nasa on the spaceship. If your off a little on your adjustments its not gonna hurt anything, just try till you get it right.