PDA

View Full Version : I need major help

dober250R
05-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Alright, most of u read my last couple posts that i've been having kill switch problems. so, i bought a new kill switch yesterday. I did a quick install of just twisting the wires together oppositely as i had them before when it didn't work, and it worked with the wires just twisted together. Then I soldered all connections and attached my ground to the side of my steering stem. So last night at about 9:30, I crank her up, and yank the chord. It worked!!! So today i put my new twist throttle on, and what do ya know the ******* doesn't shut it off when i yank it out. And my throttle cable i bought isn't long enough, i got the cr cable , but i have handlebar risers (2-1/2") so it isn't long enough, so i'm screwed there. Anyone know of any longer throttle cables that i can use? and anyone have any thoughts on y i can't get my kill switch to work?

cracer250
05-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't think your steering stem is the best place for a ground. There are bushings in between contact points and it constantly moves. Ground it to the radiator bolt or frame. This might be your problem.

dober250R
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM
VUNDERBAR!!!! yup, that was my problem all along. Give that a cookie or somethin. I thought the same thing when i was staring at my computer screen at work, cause i loosened up my bushing, and that's when it went hay-wire. I put it to my frame, and it works like a charm!!! Thanks to all for your thoughts and input. I hope this helps out someone else in the future. remember everyone, ground your quad to your frame and not the stem!!!!!! and for the throttle cable, don't be a retard and think 1 dimensionally, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat u might say. I routed the cable differently and voila!!!