PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Carb Problem...

bpimpdaddy21
05-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey all,

I have a question for everyone. I was riding my 400EX today (see mods in sig), and I noticed that it was pooring gas out of the overflow tube when I let it sit and idle. Also, if I turn it off and let it sit there with the gas on, the gas still poors out of the overflow tube. I just recently had to do a frame swap, and I think that a little piece of dirt could have possibly gotten into the carb. Could the float be stuck? Could the needle seat be bad? Could it just be small spec of dirt causing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Mobile Dyno
05-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Float is stuck!! Just take the carb off and take the bowl off and clean it. Blow some air through the gas intake on the carb to get any dirt out. I had the same problem. Just needs some cleaning.

bpimpdaddy21
05-10-2005, 02:40 PM
That was what I figured. I will have to take it apart later and clean it out, as I bet there is a little spec of dirt in there that is causing all this. Anyway, I definately knew the problem had something to do with the needle seat of the float. Thanks!

400xe1999
05-13-2005, 06:35 AM
did u clean it...if u did tell me if it fixed your promblem?

bpimpdaddy21
05-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Gonna be cleaning the carb a little later today, I will def post back my results, thanks for the help!