PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Pit accident in Ashtabula

riley racing
05-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ty Riley is back racing after the bad pit accident in Ashtabula last year. He has been finally cleared (only at 75%) from the doctor in January. For you that may not know Ty was 8 years old last year and was run over by a pit machine (Mule) while riding his pedal bicycle in the pits after Saturdays races were over. Ty had just gotten done swimming with his friends and their parents and ws headed back to his trailer for the night. The Mule was lifted off of him by some guys and he suffered a broken knee cap as well as a dislocated left hip with some major scrapes and bruises. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital then life flighted to Erie, PA in the trauma center and held at the hospital for 4 days. Ty has since moved up a class to the 90 Mod. I just want to thank all who keep Ty in there prayers as well as everyone that was at Ashtabula. It was a long hard road for him for recovery mostly the mental part of it. He did state the other day that he is a bit scared to return to Ashtabula. We have grown greatly as a family due to this and our entire family now races. My husband, my self, Ty and his little 5 year old sister. It takes alot of time, effort and patience for all of us to participate in a sport we all love. Ty's first national MX race will be at Mt. Morris and TT race will be at Ashtabula. Hope to see many of you there. PLEASE stop by our trailer and wish Ty good luck and welcome back. I know that he will really appreciate that as well as have it ease his fears. Also thank you all the Pros who signed the helmet for Ty. He has it hanging above his bed and looks at with such admiration. Doug Gust & Keith Little thank you for the signed jerseys we have them hanging in our game room for everyone to see how great of a family the ATV riders are. Most of all Thanks go to Aron Reisig & Tara Klubber Ty looks to them not only as his best friend but as two of his greatest riders. Aron is Ty's inspiration. He has been there through the thick & thin with all of this with TY. I have to say without Aron's pushing I think Ty may have given up. Again Thanks go to everyone!!!
Ty's mom, Marcia
TY Riley #75
:)

PHAT400
05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Happy to hear it..:D

Jennys440'Dale
05-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear the good news!

LuckyOxygen
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Good news!! Pit riding has gotten so more strict since then, hopefully there wont be any more accidents like this...