PDA

View Full Version : Which Rc

400EX QUADER
05-09-2005, 11:32 PM
What's better a xtm mammouth,tmaxx with revo engine and more (50-55 mph) or a losi LST?I wanna buy one so if anyone has one forsale let me know.I will be using them for just abut everything including sand.No racing though.I DECIDED I'M GETTING A REVO,ANYBODY GOT ONE FORSALE?

LazeR
05-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't know about gas powered Rc cars, but when i used to race electrics, Losi was the stuff! (these aren't your normal electric rc cars, these ones goe pretty dayum fast)

250-R-250
05-10-2005, 06:13 AM
I had a savage 25 and 26 and it was damn near indestructable

enduro400rider
05-10-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah around hear losi is the best, but you might want to think about goin into RC it is very expensive. nitros are even more to run and mantain. those cars break very easy. my buddy had a nitro 4 tec and toped it out goin down a freshly paved road hit a small peble and it basically disinigrated the car. i was into RC for a few years but it just ate away the money. if your just starting RC go with electric much easeier to work on and cheaper to maintain. dont think electrics arnt fast my evader with a mod motor hit 35 easy. very hard to control those little cars goin 20 or faster. good luck with

crday98
05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
you have it a little backwards, the traxxas 2.5 engine came in the updated version of the t-maxx first. the revo is the latest monster nitro from traxxas using the same engine as the updated maxx. i have the newer t-maxx with a ton of money sunk into it of aftermarket stuff and wouldn't trade it for anything. i've been doing some research because i plan to buy something to race and it looks like the revo is the best out there thus far. my maxx is set up as a basher and far from being track-worthy. i'm sure you'll get a difference in opinion here but most people are bias to what they own. traxxas has a great reputation and has been the leader in the r/c field imo and many others as well. on another note, there is more aftermarket accessories for the t-maxx than any other nitro out there.;)

400EX_Kid_03
05-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I would say go with a Traxxas Revo... I had a T-Maxx Gen 1 and a T-Maxx with the 2.5 engine... both were great! Both ran very well... strong, fast, powerfull, with a good rep.! Traxxas is huge with a huge name, and the revo is just incredible!

YZ400EX
05-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by crday98
you have it a little backwards, the traxxas 2.5 engine came in the updated version of the t-maxx first. the revo is the latest monster nitro from traxxas using the same engine as the updated maxx.

You actually have that wrong..the Revo has the new upgraded motor..it is the 2.5R..the revo was the first with this motor..The T-Maxx just has the 2.5..not the 2.5R..Both are bad motors..I was happy with mine...Now 400EX QUADER, Like I had told you before..You will just have to buy an RC and see what you think of it..almost all of them can be made indesructable, but it is very expensive..you will see alot of money gone in a hurry upgrading parts..I really dont know why you care how fast it goes..Like I said unless you have a big place to run it, you will never see top speed anyways..If you want speed why go with a 4x4 Monster truck type?? Who not just get a Stadium truck or a street car if you want speed..the Monster trucks arent made for speed..yes they go fast, but most stadium truck and street cars will out run them easily..Good luck w/whatever you decide to get..

crday98
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
[B]You actually have that wrong..the Revo has the new upgraded motor..it is the 2.5R..the revo was the first with this motor..The T-Maxx just has the 2.5..not the 2.5R..Both are bad motors..B]
actually i was right and YOU are wrong!! please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth. ;)

the revo engine and the t-maxx 2.5 engine are the same. the only difference between the 2.5 and the 2.5R is that the revo comes with a different cooling head called the 2.5R which you can purchase through traxxas to install on your maxx if you would like. for the exception of the cooling head,everything between these motors are identical because they are the same.;)

please do some homework the next time you decide to call someone wrong;)

400EX QUADER
05-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Actually the revo has a new tuned pipe.;)

crday98
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
still the same engine;)
did you get my pm cory?

shawn1103
05-11-2005, 07:20 PM
told ya you didnt NEED a 4x4.

400EX QUADER
05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Ya I got ur pm.VERY TRUE! Anyone got a revo forsale?

YZ400EX
05-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by crday98
actually i was right and YOU are wrong!! please know what you are talking about before you open your mouth. ;)

the revo engine and the t-maxx 2.5 engine are the same. the only difference between the 2.5 and the 2.5R is that the revo comes with a different cooling head called the 2.5R which you can purchase through traxxas to install on your maxx if you would like. for the exception of the cooling head,everything between these motors are identical because they are the same.;)

please do some homework the next time you decide to call someone wrong;)

Yes they are basically the same motor, but with it having the new head on it they called it the 2.5r..That makes it the newest motor..I wasnt correct by calling you wrong because you were right to an extent, but I am going off of the new name and redesign..The revo was the first with that..Thats what I meant..so in reaility I am wrong, but I am right too..:D

shawn1103
05-11-2005, 07:43 PM
if they upgraded the engine head, wouldnt that mean that they are different engines. know what you are talking about before you open your mouth son. geez, people always thinking they know more than everybody. i get sick of seein that on here.

300ex13
05-11-2005, 07:51 PM
traxxas make pretty well indestructable electro trucks...idk about the revo yet i havent seen many but if u want gas go with a traxxas

crday98
05-11-2005, 07:55 PM
don't worry, i'm not trying to start anything either. you just made it sound as if they were to completely different motors. traxxas has certainly tweaked the 2.5 slightly to get more out of it for the revo but it is still the 2.5 motor and it debuted in the maxx. has it been upgraded? yes, but it is still the same motor and that is all i was trying to state.;)

crday98
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by shawn1103
if they upgraded the engine head, wouldnt that mean that they are different engines. know what you are talking about before you open your mouth son. geez, people always thinking they know more than everybody. i get sick of seein that on here. first off, you better age rapidly before you call me son there junior. ;)
just because an engine has a different head doesn't make the engine itself different. in case you missed it, that is what i was referring to and YZ400EX and i have cleared that up.
now i must ask you,if i added a different cooling head from an aftermarket company to my 2.5, what would i call it if anyone asked??? would it be in general a "2.5", a "2.5R" or simply a modded 2.5? :D

crday98
05-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
Yes they are basically the same motor, but with it having the new head on it they called it the 2.5r..That makes it the newest motor..I wasnt correct by calling you wrong because you were right to an extent, but I am going off of the new name and redesign..The revo was the first with that..Thats what I meant..so in reaility I am wrong, but I am right too..:D i guess i can say you were wrong but right too if you want to get technical:D ;)

shawn1103
05-11-2005, 08:19 PM
its a whole different ball game if you are modding your engine. but, if a manufacturer mods an engine, then it is considered a DIFFERENT engine.

shawn1103
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
and the engine performs different with the new head on it, so yes it is a different engine made by the manufacturer.