PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stalling??? help!

SLSD400exGUY
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
okay my quad is like 3-4 months old. ive done a few things to it like K&N air filter and outwears and some body parts and what. anyways..

when i go to start it i choke it and start it up let it run for a second and then turn the choke off. well like 5-10 seconds after it pudders and then stalls. my idel is turned all the way up and when i give it gas it pudders too. but after like 3-5 mins it runs fine? no puddering nothing. the temp is about 70 soo its warm.

what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know what it is???

help me please.

nosliw
05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
why dont you try puting the choke on to start, once it's started put it on half-choke until when you rev it she smokes. that's how i used to get mine up to temp before i took my choke off and did the whole 42 pilot jet thing....

SLSD400exGUY
05-10-2005, 10:37 AM
okay ill try that. but sometimes when i put the choke on and after awhile it still stalls but ill try the half way thing

thanks

vinson581
05-10-2005, 10:58 AM
noting is wrong, its just a 400ex problem, they all do it, everyone i have ever seen, they stall and run like cr@p, with or without the choke, untill the motor is nice and warm, about a min or two

i did do a 42 pilot jet, with a 155 main, no lid, and my X-6 full exhaust--the 42 helped starting it a little bit easier, but it will still stall if you arent feathering the throttle. just pump it a few 5 times before you start it, and it may be a little better for ya, but deffinently do the 42 pilot, and leave your choke on, where i live in the winter in 10 degrees so nights, i like having the choke, but if you are in a warm climate, by all means remove it, and get some more power!..

v581

400exrider707
05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I didn't use my choke all winter even when it went down to 20-30 degree weather. Just need to pump the throttle a few times and feather it once its fired up. Also not EVERY 400ex is like that by the way. This method is only necessary if you remove your choke. Mine will start and idle fine with just the choke on.