PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

BlazingYamahaYz
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
If this should be posted somewhere else, mods move it to the appropriate spot. That being said, I have two questions. What is a rev box? Also, I am looking to pick up a 400ex when I get all my car problems fixed. I have a buddy that wants to sell me his 2001 400ex, 100% stock, still has stock tires on it. Everything is perfect on it, except for the front right side. It needs a new tie rod(current one is bent) and new rim(bent as well). I rode it around, and it felt fine, its only on the street that you feel anything. The front tires are fine and the rear tires have like 40% life left. It would probably need a tune up, as it has been sitting in his barn for a few years. He bought this one then bought a yellow 2001 400ex and rode that thing. Anyways, he is asking around $3k for it. Is it worth it? I was thinking of offering $2500 since it needs some work. Thanks, and after ridding that one I know for sure I want to pick up a 400ex this summer, whether its this one or not:D Also, I used to ride dirt bikes, and had kinda been out of the loop as far as quads went, but why are 400ex's so cheap? I have found a ton of them going for $3k or less.

prepracing
05-15-2005, 09:02 PM
the reason they are cheap right now is because when the 450's came out ( yam. and hon. ) lots of people sold or are trying to sell their 400 to buy a 450. Market is flooded with them right now.

shellz4sand
05-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I paid only $2400 for my son 2001 400ex & it had White bro's pipe, works shocks,new paddles,dg front bumper & a ceet graphic kit.So offer him less!

BlazingYamahaYz
05-16-2005, 06:04 AM
That is kind of what I was thinking. I think I'm going to super low-ball offer him. I mean it needs like $150-200 worth of work, and then I want nerfs for it so I'm thinking $150-175. I was going to tell him I would give him $2200 and see what he says. If he says no, then I'll just keep looking.:D