PDA

View Full Version : stupid dealerships

EXtremeEXer50
05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
well i had my yfz 450 takin to the dealershi for what they called a "tune up service"...they changed oil, adjusted valves, and tightened chain...also did an alignment. well i went riding once i got in back and when iwas in a field 2nd gear went to turn and it just flipped on me and when i stood it back up my bars were to the right and it was going straight so i thought i bent my searing stem till i looked at it and i adjusted one side of the tie rods got to the other side and the nuts wernt even finger tight...so no my front end is out of alignment and my dad is callin the dealership tomarrow this is seriously bull. i paid 110 bucks for the to do that and now i end up with bent handlebars and a front end thats out of line

Honda4trax250x
05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
heres a tip, the last time the dealership should see your quad is when its going out the door after the sale

;)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
wow that sucks dude

enduro400rider
05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
freakin dealerships suck i had my 400 in there for a timing chain a while back. we went to pick it up and we pulled in the parking lot and the machanic was ridin wheelies up and down the parking lot on it. he said he was just testing everything to make sure everything was tight. yeah right thats the last time im goin back freakin stealerships

JDiablo
05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
freakin dealerships suck i had my 400 in there for a timing chain a while back. we went to pick it up and we pulled in the parking lot and the machanic was ridin wheelies up and down the parking lot on it. he said he was just testing everything to make sure everything was tight. yeah right thats the last time im goin back freakin stealerships

if that ever happened to my quad OMFG i would burn that dealership down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

chucked
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
heres a tip, the last time the dealership should see your quad is when its going out the door after the sale

;)

yup

chucked
05-09-2005, 08:35 PM
lol I could say something about what I saw happen at Cycle World from around here, but it could get me in trouble...

Punk'd
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM

I think I remember you telling us that story.

250xridamatt
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Just dont bash the place all the time, and you should be fine posting the story.

05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by chucked
lol I could say something about what I saw happen at Cycle World from around here, but it could get me in trouble...

i can keep a secret:devil:

gyt-r450
05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sEX
i can keep a secret:devil:

i cant:blah:

TheFontMaster
05-10-2005, 05:37 AM

The only work my quad will see will be done by me, unless it's motor work, and that will be done by a motor builder, or someone I trust, which won't be a dealership.

enduro400rider
05-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
The only work my quad will see will be done by me, unless it's motor work, and that will be done by a motor builder, or someone I trust, which won't be a dealership.

when my bike was in there i told my dad that the dealership was a rip off and to let a motor builder do it. but no he said he trusts the people at the dealer ship because when ever he goes in there they explain to him what to do :confused: they told him how to change the oil i think we coulda figured it out but that was enough to get his trust until he saw what they were doin when we picked it up

05-10-2005, 02:30 PM
not beiing an ***, but i do that myself...change oil, align the tierods, adjust the chain.... my dad taught me, he said u never know maybe some day u will be out in the middle of no-where and u have to adjust ur chain.... believe me, last weekend my friends chain just broke... we fixed that one up. :D

the best person to trus when fixing ur quad its urself..only when its some motor work. hehe