PDA

View Full Version : 250r swingarm

Troy86250r
05-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I recently cracked my stock swingarm, and I'm wondering what swingarms you guys run or prefer. I am going to weld mine up for the mean time, but want to get a different one. So what do you guys prefer and what length do you run, I have + 2 leager a-arms on the way, and new elka quad rate LT shocks. Also, whats a cr500 linkage, and whats a no link swingarm? Should I run a long travel rear end, and what do I need to run one.
Any info would great.

1988R
05-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Riding style would be helpful

FlushClinker
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Id say Laegers or Lonestar, but perferibly Laegers in stock length or +1.

Basically as the name suggests, a No Linkage swingarm is when the shock is connected directly to the swingarm from the frame, minus the linkage of course, and also takes a special rear shock. As far as the benifits of not haveing a linkage im not to sure...

JeremyKS
05-09-2005, 07:16 PM
kind of off the topic but whats the advantage of running the cr 500 linkage?

FlushClinker
05-09-2005, 07:18 PM
eh not sure man... dont see any reason also not to use the 250R linkage

TheFontMaster
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Both the no link and cr500 linkage offer more shock travel, giving better performance. No- link setups need a shock set up for a no link, and a swingarm to go with it. Also alot can only be used in aftermarket or modded frames. The same it true with the cr500 linkage.

Troy86250r
05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, but my quad got stolen tuesday morning why I was working.

FlushClinker
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
**** that sucks really bad

LT250Racer609
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
dont get a lonestar swingarm....i have a -1 chrome lonestar swingarm and i cracked it almost in half yesterday...

im sorry bout your quad being stolen...i know how you feel cause we were snowmobiling in canada 2 years ago and our 2 brand new skidoo MXZ's were stolen and we never got them back....keep an eye out mostl likely the person who took it you knew or know of your quad pretty well....good luck

250R-Dee
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Give a little more information than "I cracked mine yesterday so don't buy this product". Please explain what you were doing to crack the product! Where you jumping off of skyscrapers or using your quad to pull a bulldozer with a chain attached to your swingerarm or just diddy-bopping down a flat straight trail without a care in the world?

How long have you owned this product? Have you contacted the manufacturer about the defect? I have cracked, bent or mangled high-end products before but the manufacturer's custmer service is what keeps me with them.

No, I am not saying LSR is the best on the market but I am saying you should also provide un-biased FACTS that can be supported with evidence. This applies to every product and NOT just LSR products. Sorry guys but I am getting tired of seeing the negative one-liner comments.

JTRtrx250r
05-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Ive heard that about a lot of LSR swingers, and it can happen to any, but Ive heard of more broken LSR swinger arms than any other next to stock. I 'd still run 1...b/c it happens to the best of them!

I personally like to hear ppl's opinions about what not to buy or if they've had probs w/ a certain product, thats part of what these forums are for is to share info wether good or bad...

Troy86250r
05-15-2005, 01:57 PM
So for mx I should have a -1 swingarm, thats an 89 length one correct? Would that still be a good setup since my a-arms arent +1 forward? Also, would a LT rear shock be good, and if so what do I need to run one, special swingarm, different linkage or what? That or do you guys recomend a no link or a cr 500 link? Any info would be great.

JTRtrx250r
05-15-2005, 02:04 PM
To have it set up 89 geometry... you'd need +forward aarms or at least 88-89 style along w/ the -1

I know the cr500 set-up requires the swinger,shock and frame to be set up for it, w/ the no -link...its just the swinger and shock that bolts up to the stock style frame mount

If you go w/ LT... just be sure to get it for what you have or are running

(did you get it back yet?:confused: ... hope so!!)

Troy86250r
05-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Yep got it back yesterday, me and my dad went out there and pulled it out of the bush and loaded it up.

LT250Racer609
05-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Give a little more information than "I cracked mine yesterday so don't buy this product". Please explain what you were doing to crack the product! Where you jumping off of skyscrapers or using your quad to pull a bulldozer with a chain attached to your swingerarm or just diddy-bopping down a flat straight trail without a care in the world?

How long have you owned this product? Have you contacted the manufacturer about the defect? I have cracked, bent or mangled high-end products before but the manufacturer's custmer service is what keeps me with them.

No, I am not saying LSR is the best on the market but I am saying you should also provide un-biased FACTS that can be supported with evidence. This applies to every product and NOT just LSR products. Sorry guys but I am getting tired of seeing the negative one-liner comments.

i was running on my MX track that has a 12 foot high and 70 foot gap double and following that is a 10 foot high 60 foot table top...didnt cause either of them...just a nice smooth landing....i have only had this swingarm for about 8 months AT most considering my whole quad was built from the frame up less then a year ago...my shocks are all valved for an expert level riding ability and my weight....i have all around TCS ZPS shocks....2 weeks ago i cracked my aluminum Lonestar sub frame almost in half too....

LT250Racer609
05-15-2005, 07:08 PM
and no i havent contacted LSR about it yet because i was told by others that they wouldnt back it up or do anything about it? is it worth a try??

TheFontMaster
05-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Of course it's worth a try. I've heard good things about LSR, Eventualy my 250r will be a whole lsr quad.

Where in NY are ya? I'm just north of utica.

LT250Racer609
05-16-2005, 08:15 AM
yah right now my whole quad is LSR....im located near saratoga/albany