PDA

View Full Version : 351w ignition help

Stevie-D
05-09-2005, 03:20 PM
i am currently restoring a 78 thunder-chicken. it was my mom's first car, and i am going to fix rust, dents,etc..paint the car. new vinyl roof, interior, wheels, tires, etc..

we put the bird into our barn back in 96. it ran then, although the carb was shot. i pulled the bird out a while ago, replaced the carb with a freebie from my buddies bronco. i took the gas tank out and cleaned it out. got new gas going into the cylinders. no spark

so far i have traced it to the coil. i'm not getting any current into the coil itself. there are three wires going into it. 2 into the negative, one into the positive. there is a wire that is hooked to a small selonoid type cylinder that is on the coil. i got the coil out of my buddies bronco, and this wire is spliced into the one wire going into the coil. i am not sure what is going on. i can't seem to locate a manual for the car either. napa can't get one. i'm currently searching the net for one.
i was hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction as far as what to look for. i am thinking that there is a bad wire somewhere as the bird ran when we put it in the barn.