PDA

View Full Version : Pull Cord Problems on LT 50

wlevinson
05-09-2005, 03:03 PM
My nephew has an LT 50 and almost everytime we start it, the pull cord loses tension and stops "grabbing" when it is pulled. We have to take the cover off and replace a small part that falls out of place. The local shop suggested it was a design flaw. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to permanately fix it?

Thanks

slambonie
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
I am looking into a remote kill switch myself. I really don't like the pull cord. I am not sure if it is the way to go or not. You may want to contact 3built.com. I started a post asking if anyone tried a remote system. I have had no replies.

Hope this helps,
slambonie

maggiesboy
06-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I just read the post, the trouble is starting the machine , not shutting it down. Two totally different subjects.

I have heard of the pull start fix, but I can't remember where.

the "KILL CORD" IS THE WAY TO GO! All of my mini's and my machine have them. Don't mess with remotes except for the newbie rider. The child will get out of range, and you end up the big looser. the child is going to flop the machine over, that is a gimmie. that kill cord is alot faster than you are.

wyndzer
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
The LT 50 is designed so that the pull cord will not "grab" unless the left brake is pulled in tightly. This must be in adjustment, or the cord will grab everytime without pulling the brake lever, or won't grab at all even when pulling the brake lever.