PDA

View Full Version : clutch question

maxxemracing
05-09-2005, 01:44 PM
i got my 2001 400ex for christmas, the only mods i can find or see is a yoshi rs-3 full system pie, k&n filter and jet kit,a cdi rev box ac nerfs . it will haul @$$ it smokes my friends built 86 250r i am getting it rebuilt this winter but as soon as i got it. i changed the oil and oil filter, clutch cable, and some other little stuff. i use mobil 1 fully synthetic 20-50w oil with friction reducers(my dad works for penske racing he can get new mobil1 oil that hasnt come out yet). but my clutch is a pain to pull and has never slipped. alot of people on here are saying that friction reducers will burn up a clutch with stock springs so long story short does it sound like the guy that had mine before put in heavier clutch springs?

enduro400rider
05-09-2005, 03:37 PM
smokes an R :eek2: wow somthings wrong with the 250r. there are alot more mods out there for your 400 like carbs, cams, pistons, porting, suspention and even turbos. about your clutch it could have HD springs just take them out and see. only use oil made for wet clutch designs in motorcycles and ATVs other oils will damage them

2004exrider
05-09-2005, 08:18 PM
i would just stick with the honda gn4 oil, becase your safer stickin with what they say to use. imo

Rico
05-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Probably has a comletely stock clutch. No it won't Fry the plates only cause them to slip possibly. Buy some barnett HD springs and install the suckers and keep kicken 250R azzes....:eek2: