PDA

View Full Version : TRX 90 first quad for 9 yo girl

nky400
05-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Just got my niece a 2001 TRX 90. This is her first quad and she will be learning to ride on it. Can anyone offer me some tips or strategies that will help me teach her and help her to grasp the concepts of riding/shifting/steering? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Pappy
05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
just work with her. you would be amazed at what children will learn when they want to:p

sunco
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
hand signals for when to shift

steering & riding - make her a course like for your driving test. You don't need much room. just try & make it fun & tell her how great she is doing. Nothing like your child with a great smile & love for her daddy.

MOD 50cc DAD
05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Concentrate on braking first! Make sure she can stop using both brakes.

Then, stick it in second and practice the turns --> Butt OFF the seat. They gotta learn to shift their weight so they don't tip over. I actually got on our quad when my son was first learning and hit a corner, tipped over cause I didn't shift my weight. I don't recommend this but my son is as stubborn as his mother! He got the point and thought it was hilarious.

quad_45
05-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Actually, getting on the back at first is a very good idea! Let her do it, but you can stop it instead of chasing after her. I wouldn't sudjest going fast enough around turns to flip it but you'll get the idea. Be very patient, it can get fustrating, but Sunco is right, tell her she is doing good and DON'T YELL. She'll get the hang of it, she's a girl, we learn fast . hee hee I had to put that in sorry.:D