PDA

View Full Version : raced this sunday

ESR250R
05-19-2002, 05:51 PM
i went to mederaville, IN this sunday to race. it was only my 2nd race ever. i finished 10th out of 14 on first moto(got high centered and fell to last), 3rd out of 14 in second moto, and 7th out of 20 in my main race. not bad for my second race, i got a plaque and everything. this race was a real test for my new elka suspension. this track didnt have many jump but had alot of breaking bumps, ruts, and whoops. i set my compression all the way to soft and went ahead and raced. thoughout the race it seemed my suspension was really rough over the whoops and horrible on breaking bumps. before the main race i checked my rebound adjustment on my rear shocks and it was bottomed out counter clockwise. i havent touched it since i got my quad so i turned it back about half turn and it seemed to be a little better on the track. but i dont know if adjusting it more will help me. plz help i need to get the suspension adjusted before next sundays race.

cdalejef
05-19-2002, 06:13 PM
You need to get out and ride it and make adjustments to suit your riding style before you race! It took me about 3 days of practice before I got mine right. Now I love them!

ESR250R
05-20-2002, 11:09 AM
what else could i possibly adjust to make it softer over braking bumps and whoops. the compression was on soft. i am gonna go ride around the yard and try to figure it out later.

05-21-2002, 10:33 PM
maybe if you didn't sucks so bad...i was gonna build you some whoops today but forgot...and tommorow i'm busy...come over in the morning if you read this tonight....and bring me that huevos 2 copy