PDA

View Full Version : engine swingarm sleeve/bushing

quad2xtreme
05-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Anyone know if the sleeve/bushing that is in the engine case where the swingarm bolt goes through is available as a part? If so, do you know what the part number is?

One side of mine got boogered a bit when applying heat to get the swingarm bolt loose. :grr:

/Jon

prepracing
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
yes its available, I just had to buy one. Don't know the part though.

TC426EX
05-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Youll need 2 of them since there is one in each case half.

quad2xtreme
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I really need the Honda part #. I looked at the parts schematic online as well as contacting Service Honda. The diagrams do not show this part can be ordered separately.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

pegfoot
05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I just posted a very similar question yesterday in the powertrain section. I have talked to several dealers and they tell me that the part is not avail. seperatly. You can order the entire crankcase half from Honda, big bucks $$$$$$$ Someone (Sorry forgot name) posted in my ques. that they had a trashed case avail. I found a hardened bushing today in a standard size. My buddy works in a machine shop and is going to turn it to spec. for me. If all else fails, send me p.m. and maybe I can hook you up with the bushing. He is turning it tonight for me and I am installing it tommorow. I will let you know how it goes.