PDA

View Full Version : removing pc?

FBRacing76
05-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey Pappy you might be able to answer this one for me. I got a set of a-arms off of roostin_dale and they need re pc'ed and my dad tryed to sandblast them and the pc isnt coming off well. How do you get it off? Please help me!

Pappy
05-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I use a few different chemical strippers. Ace hardware sells the one i use most, Zip Strip. its in a black and yellow container. Get a paint brush and paint it on. after about 30 minutes, you will wipe it off with old rags, paper towels etc. (wear rubber gloves! and work in a well ventalated area)

keep repeating until the majority is removed. after its dry, try the blaster again.

450 Racer R
05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
what works best for me is a wire wheel on a bench grinder. You can get most of it off then just sandblast in the hard to reach spots. You'll have the pc off with the wire wheel by the time you get the stripper on there.

Pappy
05-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
what works best for me is a wire wheel on a bench grinder. You can get most of it off then just sandblast in the hard to reach spots. You'll have the pc off with the wire wheel by the time you get the stripper on there.

that may work on steel, but try it on aluminum and trash a persons part and see how well it works:p the object is too remove the coating and not change the surface of the metal. abrasive blasting works fine as long as you dont get carried away.

450 Racer R
05-09-2005, 05:13 AM
I did it with a 450r kick starter and it turned out fine. And I doubt he has aluminum a arms. Just trying to help him out. Sorry if I offended anyone.:D

Mxjunkie
05-17-2005, 07:25 AM
I use a glass beed it took the pc off my aarms took awhile though :)

06-13-2005, 05:20 AM
on steel. i used a propane torch. get it hot with the torch and take a wire brush to it . it will come right off.