PDA

View Full Version : rear shock dilemma

taylorman08
05-08-2005, 07:01 PM
hi, i'm riding mx with my 450r and went with elka front shocks (standart travel)... at my last race, i have been catapulted off my bike just in front of the finish line because of the bad rear suspension... I tried every setup with it (rebound, compression, preload) but none worked well for me, sound like theres too much rebound on it, i dont know... That's why i'm going to do something with my rear shock. I'm leaning toward the shock modification, but i'm not convinced. Is it a really good upgrade or i should save my money and buy an aftermarket shock like elka or tcs (i'M on a budget)? And my last question is: Which one between the derisi, c&d and gt thunder revalve kits will work the best for my riding style?! thanks a lot, sorry for the long post!

Pappy
05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
we have a C&D and a Derisi converted shock here. Both work extremely well and were worth every penny spent.

I havent personally tried GT Thunders shock, but from the good reports ive heard its a good choice also.

Give them all a call, see what they have to say, then make a decision!

quadjeff
05-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Call MARK at Holz racing. He has a true aftermaket full linkage that bolts up tp your stock swinger. Axis shock and linkage is worth every cent. Adam mcgill is riding all of his equipment,. Ask him at the next GNCC how awesome Mark is with Shocks.. www.holzracingproducts.com. All of his components are in stock. And he backs all of his hardware.. Give him a call also.

EASTHILL
05-10-2005, 09:10 AM
The last i saw Adam was running a axis rear w/gt link.
Jay Gobel from Maxxis did the revalve.;)

I think Adam can make any shock /linkage combo look fast.:macho

redrider05
05-10-2005, 10:21 AM
no complaints here with the thunder revalve n link.....also amazing turnaround time sent it in on a tuesday received it back the following monday...but any of them sound like a good choice

ranger400ex
05-10-2005, 10:23 AM
GT Thunder revalve and link...best I have ridden to this point. And the price point is best out there. Laz works majic. His turanaround time, and after sale customer service..is one of the best in the business.

my .02

Ben Wrightsman
GNCC Rider

400exrider707
05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I have an elka revalve on my stock 400 shock. It has the SSD conversion and man is it awesome! I was going to go with LAZ as well after doing all of the research, but found this one on ebay for a good deal, but I would have went with GT Thunder personally.