PDA

View Full Version : I can't let SGA do all the bragging

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Well as we all know last Saturday was a swampland here in good 'ol Tennessee.I normally look forward to racing Lorettas' every year,it's close and it's a national race not to mention the fact that the MSWS is usually winding up.Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to racing as much as past years:devil: Well I get up Saturday beetching about the terrible conditions when the 'Ol ball and chain says"Why don't you skip the race and we will go to Nashville to buy you a new truck.":eek2: Now first off I'm wondering what she has done because this is not like MY wife.But I don't give her a minute to explain and just agree:D We have been shopping around but my wife would rip a match in half to get two uses out of it if you know what I mean.Early on it was agreed no V-8.After test driving the GMC Canyon/Colorodo,Dodge Dakota,Toyota and Nissan I decided on the Nissan.265 HP & 285 ftp tourqe,crew cab,Nismo offroad package,power windows,mirrors,power sunroof,Rockford Fosgate stock system and other goodies.I love it,my first new vehicle ever:macho I just picked it up yesterday:blah:

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 04:16 PM

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 04:17 PM

05-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I like it. Congrats on your first new vehicle.

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-08-2005, 05:31 PM
what does that stand for:confused:

way to go BIG B, i like how that thing looks

PEACE

DtL

JOEX
05-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Is that a sliding 'load holder' thingy? Does it run the length of the bed?

Nice looking ride:cool: Who says the economy is in the pits:o :blah:

partyboy300ex
05-08-2005, 05:32 PM
sweet truck man Nissan's trucks have really devolped in the last few years..and i like them:macho

TheFontMaster
05-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Sweet ride. Did that come with the rear locker too. Nissan knows what they are doing when they build a vehicle, thats for shure. And that v-6 is putting out almost as much power as the 330's in the f-150's

Bush0102
05-08-2005, 06:03 PM
now your quad can ride around in style!

what were you driving before?

Bill Fuller
05-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone.I was driving a 2000 4x4 Blazer until yesterday.It is the Frontier with locking rear,down hill assist uphill assist.The stereo is putting out 300 watts,8 speakers with 2 six inch subs.Nismo stands for Nissan offrroad package I forget excactly.Full skids,Bilstien shocks.The bed divider slides all the way forward or back and can be turned upside down to protect the rear glass.I ordered the bed extender it should be in Wed.

05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
nice.....nissan's are cool

300ex_rider1121
05-08-2005, 06:52 PM
nismo stands for NISsan MOtorsports

Pappy
05-08-2005, 06:55 PM
damn bill, my old lady sends me to the races with 2 dolla's in hand:(

congrats...can we do wild stuff to it at hatfield:devil:

Butters
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
thats a very nice truck. i like nissans. i have sat in a frontier before and i thought they were very nice. i like the stance it has.

rowlrag
05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
With the size of the bed, does this mean you will be racing Mini's now?:D
looks great tho!

remlapr
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Congrat's Bill. I picked up one of it's big brothers last August. So far so good, but the gas mileage on the V8 is pretty rough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/remlapr/126-2667_IMG.jpg

SGA
05-08-2005, 11:16 PM
You deserve to brag !
Thats a nice truck. Nissans run forever, plus they come with some nice accessories these days.

Disaster
05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Nice truck what does everyone think of the Nissan Titan...I heard there pretty awesome..

monkeyboy
05-09-2005, 06:34 AM
POS

:ermm:

Racing Rice
05-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Congrats on the new truck Bill. I love the new '05 Frontiers. Those things are SEXY!!

hondarider2006
05-09-2005, 10:01 AM
sick truck man, burn out pic!!!

SHARPMACHINE
05-09-2005, 10:44 AM
RICE

dhines
05-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Cute truck. I think it would fit nicely in the back of mine!

Chump! :scary:

rowlrag
05-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dhines
Cute truck. I think it would fit nicely in the back of mine!

Chump! :scary:
where the heck you been?

JOEX
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SGA
You deserve to brag !
Thats a nice truck. Nissans run forever, plus they come with some nice accessories these days.
Not when you are driving down the freeway at 2:30am, have a pinhole in one of the hoses, let it run dry but still drive the rest of the way home. They don't work so well the next day:eek:

There may have been a little bit of pilot error involved though:o :ermm: :p

SGA
05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Not when you are driving down the freeway at 2:30am, have a pinhole in one of the hoses, let it run dry but still drive the rest of the way home. They don't work so well the next day:eek:

There may have been a little bit of pilot error involved though:o :ermm: :p
Pilot error? Such as...oh nevermind you know what I mean.:D

JOEX
05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Pilot error? Such as...oh nevermind you know what I mean.:D
That was back in my younger and dumber days:o ;)

orvs4me
05-12-2005, 02:24 AM
I share your enthusiasim (sp)...........................

But not your taste in brands.

Buy American.

Bill Fuller
05-12-2005, 04:51 AM
If they could build somthing that would be reliable and affordable I would.It will be a LONG time before I buy another American vehicle,if ever!Just look at the GMC Canyon/Colorado as compared to the Nissan,not even close on performance or accessories for the price.I am not closed minded I will buy what best suits me and my needs.

SHARPMACHINE
05-12-2005, 05:08 AM
I hear lots of sad reasons not to buy american. The problem is that while more and more of us jump ship on america, the american ship keeps sinking more and more. Not a b#@ch fest, just my .002.

lovejapstuffbutwanttoworkinamerica!!!

popo
05-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
POS

:ermm:

O what do you know about trucks FUZZ NUTS?

Your still riding the short bus with Dimebag pulling it.

ILGNCC400EX
05-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by orvs4me
I share your enthusiasim (sp)...........................

But not your taste in brands.

Buy American. they are made in ten and they have got more american parts than most so called american trucks.the hemi is made in mexaco.ps i got one like it in red

dhines
05-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
where the heck you been?

Dealing with a 2 year old boy. Just now ready to get back in the saddle. You going to Hatfield? What about some of the MidSouth summer races?

orvs4me
05-12-2005, 11:25 AM
they are made in tenn.

Maybe.......But where you do think the $$$$ goes?

Not back into the ol red white and blue's pockets.

dhines
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by orvs4me
Maybe.......But where you do think the $$$$ goes?

Not back into the ol red white and blue's pockets.

A significant chunk goes into the "red, white, and blue" pockets of all of the employees, contractors, municipalities, etc. who are involved in the local production of those vehicles. Exactly where do you think that GM's profits (back when they had profits) end up anyway? Do you think they just distribute it evenly to the good folks in the US? If so, I'm gonna kick some ***** 'cause I aint been gettin' my checks!!! :scary:

SGA
05-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
If they could build somthing that would be reliable and affordable I would.
I am not closed minded I will buy what best suits me and my needs.
I totally agree with the above quote.
Being im a tightwad, I buy what I feel is the best value for my dollar and (Most- now listen up- I said most, not all) american vehicles just arent up to import car standards.

Now get this. Lets say everyone (me included) was to buy American cars to support our country. Its the right thing to do, support the jobs at home and all that.

Well, the american car companys would say "we're selling lots of cars here, so why should we spend money to make them better?" Which is exactly what put them in the boat they are in now.

My whole point here is I bought a import because I know its reliable and wont fall to pieces at 100, 000 miles.

Add on: Dont give me the ole "Grandpas ford/chevy/dodge pickup truck has 275,000 miles on it and runs great"
Those vehicles are few and far between.

Oh, Dont give me any grief if you dont make your on car payments. If you do, responses are welcome.
If you ride in Mommy and Daddys car, sit down and shut up.

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Ten years ago, the American-made cars couldn't hold a candle to imports for reliability. That's changing, but it's still not quite there yet.

Trucks are the opposite. I buy American, but not because I'm patriotic. I buy American because I drive a full-size truck, and I haven't seen a decent full-size import truck, so I'll stick with the tried-and-true.

SGA
05-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Ten years ago, the American-made cars couldn't hold a candle to imports for reliability. That's changing, but it's still not quite there yet.

Trucks are the opposite. I buy American, but not because I'm patriotic. I buy American because I drive a full-size truck, and I haven't seen a decent full-size import truck, so I'll stick with the tried-and-true.

You make a good point there Wilkin. I'll be the first to admit, a 3/4 ton american truck will pull a toyota truck backwards around all day and not even break a sweat.
I have seen where the import trucks are getting almost full size now, but they just dont have the brute strength of a american truck.
I dunno, I think the import truck makers are sticking with what they know best; smaller, efficient well built engines.
Oh, heres a pic of ya I found.:D

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I've had people say I look like Vinnie from OCC in that picture.

Here's the following day, hung over...

SGA
05-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Here's the following day, hung over...
Still wearing the same clothes from the night before! Yeah, you tied on a good one :scary:

Ill say one thing about driving American trucks when you are out partying. They are loyal. They'll get you right home in your driveway, not a missed street at all, then tuck you in bed all safe and sound.

Japanese trucks on the other hand, theres no loyalty in them. They'll take you down every street in town just trying to get you in trouble.

wilkin250r
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
No, not THAT bad, or I wouldn't even be smiling. Same hat, obviously, but the OCC shirt in the first picture is long-sleeved.

Actually, I think that might be my EXRIDERS.COM shirt in the second pic.

On to the original topic. The full-sized Toyota came out several years ago, didn't it? For most import cars, 100k miles is just getting broken in, but you can't expect quite as good from a full-size truck. Anybody know how well the full-size import trucks are doing after 100k?

rowlrag
05-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I totally agree with the above quote.
Being im a tightwad, I buy what I feel is the best value for my dollar and (Most- now listen up- I said most, not all) american vehicles just arent up to import car standards.

Now get this. Lets say everyone (me included) was to buy American cars to support our country. Its the right thing to do, support the jobs at home and all that.

Well, the american car companys would say "we're selling lots of cars here, so why should we spend money to make them better?" Which is exactly what put them in the boat they are in now.

My whole point here is I bought a import because I know its reliable and wont fall to pieces at 100, 000 miles.

Add on: Dont give me the ole "Grandpas ford/chevy/dodge pickup truck has 275,000 miles on it and runs great"
Those vehicles are few and far between.

Oh, Dont give me any grief if you dont make your on car payments. If you do, responses are welcome.
If you ride in Mommy and Daddys car, sit down and shut up.
Believe me SGA, it doesn't matter who builds them or where they come from, there all JUNK. Just some are junkier than others.:(

MOFO
05-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
Believe me SGA, it doesn't matter who builds them or where they come from, there all JUNK. Just some are junkier than others.:(

very true!

There is not ONE vehicle on the road that is truely built to last... import or export.

SGA
05-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
very true!

There is not ONE vehicle on the road that is truely built to last... import or export.

What!!?? My grandpas truck has eleventy billion miles on it and runs perfect. Never had a tune up, never burns oil and runs like new!
Why, one time that truck ........ Blah de blah, yakkity yak, Blah blah and so on. :o

wilkin250r
05-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh, I beg to differ. The one vehicle built to last forever is the Datsun B210. Them ugly fu**ers ran forever...

SGA
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh, I beg to differ. The one vehicle built to last forever is the Datsun B210. Them ugly fu**ers ran forever...
Damn that brought back memorys from the 70's! Heres a pic of one of the ugly things.
For you newbies, Datsun became Nissan a few years ago.

I know another car that ran forever, It was a ford mini truck from over seas. Ugly as sin.

wilkin250r
05-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh yeah, baby! That was my car! Only, mine was a different color, they called it "antique gold". Really, it was the color of mustard when it dries, sort of a dark orange/yellow. Ugly as sin, an NO MUFFLER, so you could hear me coming from 3 blocks away.

I prayed every day for that car to die...

armoks
05-14-2005, 12:19 PM

They may have been ugly but someone had to walk into a dealership and go '"I have to have one of those!":eek2: