PDA

View Full Version : Front hub won't roll straight?

unstopable1
05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Front hub won't roll straight on the right side.I had pappy to powdercoat my hubs and he put the bearings back in but the right side won't turn right it has a little bit of wobble in it.The left side rolls just fine.What inside the hub would make it roll like that?

Pappy
05-08-2005, 04:38 PM
could the spindle be bent?

unstopable1
05-08-2005, 08:51 PM
No the spindle isn't bent.You put the bearings back in my hubs pappy.The one on the left side is doing fine but the one on the right side won't roll straight it wobbles.I took it off and looked it over and there is a piece right in the middle of the hub that is loose.I took the left one of and its not loose but I can't figure out how to get the other one to stay put I tried tapping on the out side collars that goes on the bearing but it don't help.anybody have any suggestions?

Pappy
05-09-2005, 11:14 AM
the piece that moves is a tapered collar. it really doesnt do much or anything that would cause a wobble. the bearings are pressed back in until they are flush against the hub step. grease can sometimes get inbetween the collar and the bearing and it wont have as much free play but thats about it.

chances are it wobbled before your disassembly and you just never noticed it. feel free to send it back and i will be happy to inspect it and see if i can find anything.

unstopable1
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
would it hurt anything to just leave it the way it is? It has a little bit of a wobble and it is a little bit harder to turn than the other side but it should loosen up some when I ride it.What do you think?

Pappy
05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
i spun mine (front end is aprt now) and my right side is slower to turn then the left. im chalking mine up to a slightly warped rotor:p

the only thing i could see it possibly doing is wearing a bearing faster then normal. but from the bearings i see come in here noone believes in replacing them anyway:D

its your call. as long as its just a slight issue then i wouldnt sweat it. if you think its of concern then by all means feel free to send it back and i will look it over. the worst thing you would need would be a replacement set of bearings.

unstopable1
05-09-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm just going to give it a try the way it is and like you said if it won't work I'll just change the bearing.Thanks