PDA

View Full Version : what ya get her

Scott-300ex
05-08-2005, 02:43 PM
what did you get your mom for mothers day?

my mom said if i got my haircut that'll be her present, so i can't complain, just get my hair cut and she paid for it so it was a good deal

but i really didn't want to get my haircut

but i bought her a mug with a horse on it cuz she drinks coffee and loves horses

400exrules
05-08-2005, 02:46 PM
bought a word search, cuz she loves those things, 2 packs of peanut m&m's, she loves those too, and $20 to get clothes, or flowers/plants or wutever she wants. oh yah, and a card from me and my sister

Hondadudeehhhh
05-08-2005, 02:51 PM
all she wanted was for me to clean the garage so that was cool with me. I got her a card and i will probably wash her truck

blaster_rider68
05-08-2005, 03:01 PM
i got her a card and me n my dad got some kind of nekalace(sp)

shellz4sand
05-08-2005, 06:21 PM
My dad bought me a street bike!:) It is a Honda Shadow 750cc.Purple with lavender flames.It's pretty:cool:

05-08-2005, 06:38 PM
$10 worth of "Happy Mother's day!" lottery tickets and a $25 bouqet of flowers

Doober
05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
i got her a crossword thing and a word search book and a card i forgot to sign

TGW_400ex
05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Flowers from wear i work:eek2:

MotoX3
05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
a plant thing

LTandRaptorider
05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Still got a scar under my chin from a coat hanger "accident" from my Mom... so I thought it would be prudent to skip this day... :p haven't seen her in 35 years anyways... :)

Oops! my beer alarm just went off... :D

Woodsrider
05-08-2005, 07:32 PM
I got the wife a new pair of dish washin gloves. Her hands were startin to bleed from all the harsh chemicals she uses to clean the house.

400exrules
05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
I got the wife a new pair of dish washin gloves. Her hands were startin to bleed from all the harsh chemicals she uses to clean the house.

lmao.......thats on dexters lab, i remember seeing it along time ago....:o

BlazingYamahaYz
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I got her a $25 gift card to Border's.

05-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Still got a scar under my chin from a coat hanger "accident" from my Mom... mommy dearest?

Mxjunkie
05-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I put a toy snake in my moms car so that should be interesting tomorrow because she didnt drive her car today, oh that and a hug and kiss :p

QuadJunkies
05-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I got breakfast and a huevos movie in bed courtesy of my kids :D then went to some freinds for a BBQ...

dirtmomma
05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Took my Mom to breakfast, but instead of eating we decided to go shopping instead LOL got her an outdoor hanging plant & a card :)
As for me I got to watch my oldest son get hisnew truck running & drive it up the road whoohooo ;) & watch lil man fly around the yard on his quad!! Got some yard ornaments for myself :) It was also the hubby's BD so we went to pizza!!

wilkin250r
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I spent the day in fear that my daughter's mother would call after 2 years of no contact.

Funny thing is, she wasn't ordered by the courts to stay away, she chose it herself. She has visitation rights every weekend, but she just doesn't take advantage of them. I guess she's too busy with her own life to be bothered by her daughter... :ermm:

sickmojave
05-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I spent the day in fear that my daughter's mother would call after 2 years of no contact.

Funny thing is, she wasn't ordered by the courts to stay away, she chose it herself. She has visitation rights every weekend, but she just doesn't take advantage of them. I guess she's too busy with her own life to be bothered by her daughter... :ermm:

That must really suck for your daughter.. :(

QuadJunkies
05-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Funny thing is, she wasn't ordered by the courts to stay away, she chose it herself. She has visitation rights every weekend, but she just doesn't take advantage of them. I guess she's too busy with her own life to be bothered by her daughter... :ermm: Oh, now that is VERY sad... :( My kids are my life .Even when they drive me up the wall I still love them to pieces.Every child NEED there Mom , your daughter is one lucky girl to have a Dad who is willing to play BOTH roles. ;)

wilkin250r
05-09-2005, 11:15 AM
My girlfriend has stepped into the role of "Mother" fairly well, so that's a big plus. I can take care of the major needs, but my girlfriend really takes care of all the details of being a "girl". Easter dresses, EZ- bake oven, you know, the sort of "stuff" I'm not too good at.

My girlfriend is also the one that pushes for the "kid" type of fun stuff, like vacation to Disneyland. Sometimes I forget that it's important for a kid to experience those sort of things while it's still magical.

I'm very careful not to bad-mouth my ex to my daughter, but my daughter has a sister (by another father) that is now 12, and knows all about her mother. She tells my daughter that their mother is probably in jail, and they're better off without her. I'm not sure if I should discourage this or not? :confused:

QuadJunkies
05-09-2005, 11:53 AM
My girlfriend has stepped into the role of "Mother" fairly well, so that's a big plus. I can take care of the major needs, but my girlfriend really takes care of all the details of being a "girl". Easter dresses, EZ- bake oven, you know, the sort of "stuff" I'm not too good at.

My girlfriend is also the one that pushes for the "kid" type of fun stuff, like vacation to Disneyland. Sometimes I forget that it's important for a kid to experience those sort of things while it's still magical.

I'm very careful not to bad-mouth my ex to my daughter, but my daughter has a sister (by another father) that is now 12, and knows all about her mother. She tells my daughter that their mother is probably in jail, and they're better off without her. I'm not sure if I should discourage this or not? :confused: I think when shes old enough to start figuring out stuff on her own ,she will figure out what her Mom is doing all on her own, I think if she asks, its good to be honest to some degree, but given her age not TOO much since its hard for a small child to grasp,Troy and I both have been in this situation personally so I DO understand. I personally dont agree wit the jail thing, but thats just me and I dont know the whole situation either.whats most inportant is that she knows that shes very loved and that mayube Mom is just having some tough times right now and that you can only hope she straightens up soon. Sounds like you all are doing GREAT though. ;)

Woodsrider
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Wilkin, if I may, I grew up from a broken marriage. Let your kids form their own opinions of their mother. My mom and dad divorced when I was 4 and I bounced from realitive to foster home to realitive until I was 10. Then stayed with my dad untill I left for the army at 18. To this day my mom still hates my dad, and he took his hatered to the grave.
Just answer their questions with truth, honesty and carefully. They will make the right choices. I used to hate it when my mom would call and my dad would get mad and bad mouth her.

If one is bad mouthing their mom, but the other is unsure, I think I would discourage it until she is old enough to understand, and use the information to form her own opinion of her mother.
My 1/2 brothers, (4) used to bad mouth my dad all the time. It wasnt untill I was 25 that I found out that their dad was the bad one, and they were just trying to instill their hate and discontent in me.

Woodsrider
05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
One more thing,
A mother just someone who gave birth to you. A MOM is the woman who holds you at night when your scared. Wipes your tears when you cry, and tends your wounds, whether it be a skinned knee or a broken heart.

wilkin250r
05-09-2005, 01:09 PM
It's tough. Her mother and I split up when she was about 2 years old, but her mother still had visitation, and exercised it until my daughter was about 5.

To make matters worse, my ex would often ask for extended visitation hours or schedules, and they simply were not possible for me. However, instead of telling my daughter "No, maybe next time", she would say "No, Daddy won't let you stay here".

At 5 years old, you obviously notice if your mother stops coming around, and naturally my daughter was curious why, and started asking questions. And, in all honesty, her mother is very good with her (as long as it's not for extended periods of time), so whenever my ex DID exercise her visitation, they would have lots of fun, going to waterparks and spend lots of time together. My daughter never really had an opportunity to see the type of person her mother really is.

When her mother dissapeared from her life, my daughter looked to me for answers, and the only answer I had (the truth) was the one answer I couldn't tell her, so I would dismiss the question, change the subject, or give her a generic answer. But my daughter is pretty sharp, she KNOWS when I'm just blowing off the question and not giving her a real answer.

Then again, how do I tell a 12yr old and a 7yr old that the one common bond they share is taboo to talk about?

Woodsrider
05-09-2005, 01:31 PM
...Then again, how do I tell a 12yr old and a 7yr old that the one common bond they share is taboo to talk about?

Yah, thats a tough one:ermm: You cant always go by the "if you cant say anything nice....." rule. I guess, as long as your not the one badmouthing thier mom and they are forming their own opinions, by comparing and talking with each other about their own experiences with their mother. How much harm can be done?

shellz4sand
05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
You are doing the right thing!I am in the same boat as you, only my boys don't have a step dad.There dad lives 2 hours away & never see them.This is why we ride.It is something that makes us a family."The family that rides together stays together". There dad never let me ride, so as soon as he left the 3 of us I was determined to live for what would make them happy.I spend every penny we have on there bikes & sports.We hang out in the garage & wrench on our bikes & laugh the whole time.I am both the mom & the dad and that is why we are the way we are.My boys made me home made cards for mothers day & that is what makes it all worth living.I know my boys are my best friends and nothing could ever change that.Sometimes it is hard to be a single mom, but when we are driving down the road in our truck singing outloud on the way to Sand Mountain I remember just how happy I am to have them:D .

400exrules
05-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Me and my family went to wendys for alittle dinner on mothers day and while we were eating, a ''special'' kid (he wasnt like fully retarded i dont think, he just had something small wrong with him), anyways, he was whiping the tables and started talkin to this guy who was eating by himself, (everyone else in their was with their family, or mother), and the guy said his mother had died when he was 13 years old...and the ''special'' young guy said his mother had died when he was young too, and they started talking about how great moms are and how much they love their children and stuff, and it was kinda cool.

Treat your moms right folks, you never know how long they will be here. Respect them too.