PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Riders

Pages : 1 [2] 3

TRX_450
04-01-2006, 07:42 PM
anybody up for ridin this coming weekend lemme know....quads runnin better than ever and im ready to ride...

firman2193
04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
any one planin on goin to waynoka over easter weekend? i'll be leavin thursday late afternoon.

rockman
04-02-2006, 05:31 PM
the R is out of commision for a week or so... crazy how they tend to lean out when the air filter comes off... should be up by next weekend, all depends on how soon FSC gets the order in

spud400ex
04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
anyone else headin down to little sahara this weekend, im headin down wednesday and im gonna stay till sunday.

yamahonda
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
me and few are heading down to the dunes easter weekend look for a black and orange banshee with hipers... shouldnt be hard to find...

300EXrider356
04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Im goin to Wynoka the weekend after easter Snake Hunt baby!

kfx007
04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Going down the first weekend in may, anyone know a good place to get some paddels?

spud400ex
04-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by kfx007
Going down the first weekend in may, anyone know a good place to get some paddels?

go to Jims Sand Toys in waynoka, best price on paddles. one of my friends got a set of sand star fronts on douglas .160s for $130 and i think he said the rears were around $200 on .160 rims but im not sure.

450rJam
04-11-2006, 07:47 PM
jim sand toys has flags but dont believe the crap about life time warranty !!!!!
I got one 2 years ago and it broke this weekend, took it back and he said to take it to the gas station (old oaisis)
NICE WARRANTY
I also tried to buy front dune tires (I already have extra front rims
he told me that the itp tires where hard to get so he only sold them with the duglas rims.
maybe he was having a bad day, I have always been happy with the service and prices but this weekend I was totally unimpressed.
the prices at the gas station also raised alot,
rockymountain kills all the prices even with shipping cost.
all in all I guess I got 2 years out of a 15 buck flag (the glue holding the stick came lose and lost the flag part)
I did go to the oaisis and buy a replacement that I screwed into the old spring.

spud400ex
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
they really jacked up the prices at lsps. at jst they really try to seel the tires mounted on rims, and i dont think they have to many tires that arent mounted there. they usually are really helpful from what ive dealed with them.

you didnt happen to be there this last weekend did you? i was there with a pretty big group.

450rJam
04-12-2006, 03:58 PM
yes I was there last weekend (6th to 9th) in cowboy camp.
there where 12 in our group, black inclosed (small 14 ft.) and a big white enclosed (about 9 ft tall)
I have been in jims a million times and always left happy, perhaps he was having a bad day or something. I will be back it was just a bad experience this time.
man the place was packed for not being a holiday or snake week
did you see the turbo hyabusa buggy ? it was insane and way past stupid fast!!!
jim told me he hasnt sold the big end flag like I had for 2 years,
well I didnt buy it with a "2 year warranty" or a "as long as you have them warranty."
I think he should have said.........sorry there my store patron, I dont sell that type any longer but I'll gladly replace it with one of the other life time warrantied ones I carry.
wind blew really hard thursday and friday and capped the dunes pretty hard, I about shot over the bars saterday (about 2:00 in the morn)

TRX_450
04-12-2006, 06:20 PM
made a trip to osage city today for skool and noticed theres a track a few miles outside of it...anybody know anything about it? i saw a few bikes there but no quads

spud400ex
04-13-2006, 08:33 AM
we had 4 pull thru sites in cowboy and 4 or 5 of the smaller sites around the border of cowboy. we had 5 dune buggies 3 bikes and a bunch of quads. friday morning i just about pilled up my friends brute force going accross the big dunes, i got racked bigger that s**t when i did it tho. i didnt see the hyabusa buggy this time, but i have seen it before and it huals the mail.

TRX_450 what highway was the track on?

TRX_450
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
ok for one...luke...u can call me tyler..lol...and i believe it was highway 31

freundly
04-15-2006, 11:06 AM
That Hyabusa buggy was Richard Holthaus from Topeka & it's insane fast. He's trying to sell it. His brother has a super nice red long travel big block buggy that said 'sand storm' on the side if you saw it running around. They were both there last weekend. Luke, the guy we trailed with in the VW buggy is the same guy who owns the Hyabusa buggy.

I'm sure the track you asked about is dragoon motocross park on hwy 75 just North of Lyndon. Here's their website: http://dragoonmotocross.com/

spud400ex
04-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by freundly
That Hyabusa buggy was Richard Holthaus from Topeka & it's insane fast. He's trying to sell it. His brother has a super nice red long travel big block buggy that said 'sand storm' on the side if you saw it running around. They were both there last weekend. Luke, the guy we trailed with in the VW buggy is the same guy who owns the Hyabusa buggy.

I'm sure the track you asked about is dragoon motocross park on hwy 75 just North of Lyndon. Here's their website: http://dragoonmotocross.com/

I thought he said something about a fast single seat buggy. Are you going to be ready for another race next time down Ryan? The head is coming off the 426 for some more work a different cam and a carb, should run like a rapin ape after all of that is done.

Dragoon creek is the only track i know of around there, but it might have been a private track that you saw.

TRX_450
04-15-2006, 12:13 PM
ok i guess it is dragoon....it took some lookin and i found it on mapquest....anyone been there? whats the track like?

spud400ex
04-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I rode at dragoon once like 2 or 3 years ago and it didnt have much for jumps. I have heard that they did make some changes to it but im not sure what all they did.

freundly
04-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I rode at dragoon a loooong time ago on my 89 250R & with stock suspension I broke 2 motor mounts, cracked my frame & cracked my swingarm. Haven't been out since. That track was set up for 2-wheelers when I was there. I need to take my ex out there since I finally have something with good aftermarket suspension & try it out again.

Luke, all I gotta say about another race is.....AINT SKEERED! lol
I'll have mine geared better for my new tires next trip & actually be able to get out of the hole instead of bogging.

spud400ex
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey ryan when you go to dragoon let me know and i will head out there and ride with ya. My dad might even come out and ride to, and show those kids that an old man can still hual ***.

TRX_450
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
my friend finally got his quad runnin.....we ridin the kansas badlands :blah: next saturday...lol inside thing....and the next weekend i think we ridin school creek....if anybody wants to go to school creek let me know

rockman
04-29-2006, 08:26 AM
ok seriously man, i gotta know who the chick in your avatar is.. :eek2: evertime i get on here i always stare at it for about 20 sec. Am i the only one who does this?

TRX_450
04-29-2006, 08:27 AM
lmao....i dont have a clue....i found it on a website my friend gave me...

tar
04-29-2006, 09:02 PM
ok seriously man, i gotta know who the chick in your avatar is.. evertime i get on here i always stare at it for about 20 sec. Am i the only one who does this?

Yea me too. Perverts

TRX_450
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
lol somebody needs to get laid....

pharit
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
anyone around still

05-15-2006, 04:53 PM
of course, i have a race at seymour missouri this weekend (saturday), then sunday ill be riding for fun, then next weekend and during the week i will ride also :macho

05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
here i am at the seymour gncc on the 6th

pharit
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
here i am at the seymour gncc on the 6th

Thats awesome where are you located in kansas and how long does it take to get to some races like that?

rockman
05-19-2006, 12:57 PM
anyone else planning on being in waynoka over memorial weekend.. so far 6 or so of us are goin, we'll be there thursday night

spud400ex
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I will be heading to little sahara the weekend after memorial day weekend. Anyone else headed down that weekend.

freundly
05-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Wish we were going with you guys this time spud! Hopefully next time. Here's a couple pics from our last trip!

Luke (Spud) - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_2.jpg
me - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_1.jpg
me again :) - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_3.jpg
Spud again!:devil: - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06.jpg
Sorry dude, you got caught on film so I had to do it!

My son Nick playing (no it's not my jeep...unfortunately!) - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_Nick.jpg
Me playing - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_6.jpg
Spud again - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_4.jpg
Some of our group - http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/freundly4/Dunes_April_06_5.jpg
Sorry the quality isn't better, these were 35mm pics I scanned in.

spud400ex
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I kinda expected you to post that pic since i did kind of earn it. Jay's jeep is sick as hell.

Have you found out what was wrong with the 80 yet?

freundly
05-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, one of the c-clips came loose that holds the piston pin in place & trashed the cyl & piston. I've got it up to Wendorff (F.A.S.T. Racing) to get it bored & a piston. Hopefully I'll have it back together for him by the weekend. Ordered him some new flame shockwares for his Kindergarten graduation. He'll be excited to get his bike running again & get to put his new shockwares on.
I think my brother is planning to go to the dunes with you guys. Not sure if my old man is gonna go or not this time.

yamaha91
05-21-2006, 06:17 PM
i ride in kansas, manhattan is a good spot, there are a few spots there

rockman
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
soo haven't heard from anyone in a while.. i got a new z400 anyone want to go riding this weekend?

06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by rockman
soo haven't heard from anyone in a while.. i got a new z400 anyone want to go riding this weekend?

where at?

rockman
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I donno wherever. Somewhere somewhat close to Topeka

pharit
06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Hello where all these friggin people at?

06-20-2006, 09:24 PM
i ride all the time, ill be gone for 2 weeks, but ill let u guys kno when i get back

pharit
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
well we are just lookin for some people to ride with we finally got a freestyle ramp

TRX_450
06-20-2006, 10:10 PM
anybody goin to the stampede? i guess theres some sort of ute race or sumthin out there....

06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
well whoever wants to ride with me, xc terrain, can come, i will post something when ima ride when i get back

pharit
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
anybody goin to the stampede? i guess theres some sort of ute race or sumthin out there....

Where'd you get your info at? what day time **** like that?

TRX_450
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
AKRAIX IN COFFEYVILLE AUGUST 13TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-11-2006, 01:06 PM
we are riding all this week, and weekend, at pomona, if any of you want to ride with us

bigb426ex
07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know about the riding area in Osawatomie? I've heard people talk about it but wanted to know more about location, when it is open, cost, etc.?
Thanks

450rJam
07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
its free, its always open, its not as big as say deep water or perry but its got some pretty good trails, a 50 track, and a drag strip thats getting a little ruffffffff
take main street to 6th street, go south on 6th until you get to the chinese place, turn right (west) and you will see it on the left side of the road after the black top ends

07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
ive rode there, its ok, nothing special, its basically just like riding at my house, some trees, logs, etc, cant really train there, pomona is better imo but its not a bad place for being free, if you want to go fast there, best time to go is on the weekdays, there are usually lots of people there on weekends

07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
any rider who races, likes to ride fast, or considers themselves as smooth or decently skilled, we are riding tomorrow, friday, and saturday, if you would like to meet us let me kno and i can tell you how to get to where we ride :macho

pharit
07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
any rider who races, likes to ride fast, or considers themselves as smooth or decently skilled, we are riding tomorrow, friday, and saturday, if you would like to meet us let me kno and i can tell you how to get to where we ride :macho

Where you guys at? if not to far i'm up for a challenge

pharit
07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
where is the pomona riding area at anyway? you guys talkin about the track?

07-15-2006, 01:47 PM
its at the katva riding park by dragoon motorcross track, you need to be a member of the katva, to do this the next date to sign in and do a work day is july 22, me and a bunch of buddies will be up there then, if any of you need directions and dont kno about dragoon we can get them to you, we will meet u at dragoon and you can follow us in if you want :macho

rockman
07-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I've heard its not that great.

pharit
07-15-2006, 04:18 PM
KATVA:cuss:

07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
dude its a great place to ride if you like xc, its perfect practice for gncc and mhsc stuff

whats wrong with the katva? none of the members ride fast but me and my friends, good practice for lap traffic :devil:

07-16-2006, 12:54 PM
check it out

www.katva.org

if you guys want to come up and ride with us you can, all are invited, we have the combo to get in and stuff, so you dont need to do the work day if u dont want, but u can meet us there and i will give u my cell number, call me whenever u want to go and we come up and ride with ya

07-16-2006, 12:55 PM
and yes, there web site is junk, i made them a new one, its not uploaded yet tho so give it time ;)

pharit
07-16-2006, 07:55 PM
check it out

www.katva.org

if you guys want to come up and ride with us you can, all are invited, we have the combo to get in and stuff, so you dont need to do the work day if u dont want, but u can meet us there and i will give u my cell number, call me whenever u want to go and we come up and ride with ya

i may have to take you up on that offer, just back in the day when i wanted to join i was still rockin a three wheeler and there was something like you couldn't ride them out there or something. Anyway PM me your number sometime and we'll try and get a ride goin.

07-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by pharit
i may have to take you up on that offer, just back in the day when i wanted to join i was still rockin a three wheeler and there was something like you couldn't ride them out there or something. Anyway PM me your number sometime and we'll try and get a ride goin.

ya, they dont allow 3 wheelers cuz of insurance purposes, if you want to ride July 22, me and some friends will be down there from 8:30 to about 3:45 if you would like to come

07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
reminder!

saturday july 22, pomona ride for exriders, look for my #238 number plate on the rear, cya there

450rJam
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I would like to check the pomona ride area out, how much does it cost ? I think I have drove by it....... is it on west side of 75, right by the bridge ?
is there a number or name I could get in contact with ?
I have heard its pretty nice, I have kids that ride also and I wonder if it would be good for them to ride or if its a little over their skill level.
thank you for any info you can share

07-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
I would like to check the pomona ride area out, how much does it cost ? I think I have drove by it....... is it on west side of 75, right by the bridge ?
I have heard its pretty nice, I have kids that ride also and I wonder if it would be good for them to ride or if its a little over their skill level.

its right off 68 highway basically, www.katva.org has information and directions, as for the number, call andy or mudflap and tell them yurik sent you and they can fill u in, as for kids, tons of little kids ride there, they have trails for all skill levels :macho

freundly
07-24-2006, 12:30 PM

That is owned by KATVA & you can get membership info on their website. It is located south of Lyndon, right on hwy 75 on west side of road. Dragoon motocross track is next door to it you can see from the highway. Been several years since I've been there, but I think it's around 100 acres of riding area. Some of the area is knarly rock for more experienced riders, but lots of areas for young riders.
To ride I think you have to pay yearly dues & show up for a couple clean up days then they will give you a key to come & go as you please.

07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by freundly
That is owned by KATVA & you can get membership info on their website. It is located south of Lyndon, right on hwy 75 on west side of road. Dragoon motocross track is next door to it you can see from the highway. Been several years since I've been there, but I think it's around 100 acres of riding area. Some of the area is knarly rock for more experienced riders, but lots of areas for young riders.
To ride I think you have to pay yearly dues & show up for a couple clean up days then they will give you a key to come & go as you please.

they actually have about 350 acres now, camper spots, electricity, restrooms, and running water soon with a shower room, as for yearly dues, it is $40 for a single person, or $60 for a family, then you need to do one work day (which is ez) or you can pay double your amount, thats only for the combo, we have the combo being we did work days etc, you can still ride without the combo, you just cant get in alone, we ride there a lot so if you cant find time for the work day, you can come with us until you can :macho

450rJam
07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
thanks for the info, I will be joining soon.

07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
thanks for the info, I will be joining soon.

great! hope to see you up there sometime, look for me, #238

bansheeke
07-28-2006, 12:21 PM
yurik,
this is Allen, travis's buddy. We are ridin at brewers again tomorrow if you want to ride.Call trav or me. 913 731 4958

07-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by bansheeke
yurik,
this is Allen, travis's buddy. We are ridin at brewers again tomorrow if you want to ride.Call trav or me. 913 731 4958

done :macho

07-29-2006, 02:00 PM
nice ride today, it was so dang hot i think i lost 20 pounds, especially on me and joes ride, we rode balls to the wall lol, i wish i woulda wore my moose underarmor gloves now, blisters are showing up haha, ull have to come down to my place with cam sometime since you guys are so close, ill give u a call next week and see what your doin, maybe we can ride :macho

bansheeke
07-29-2006, 09:48 PM
ten four...next time you guys can lead if you want...i never know how hard someone wants to ride..i'm usually faster if i have a pace to ride to. let me know..i'll be around monday tuesday etc.

07-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bansheeke
ten four...next time you guys can lead if you want...i never know how hard someone wants to ride..i'm usually faster if i have a pace to ride to. let me know..i'll be around monday tuesday etc.

ya whatever works, i jus hate the dust thats all, joe will blow us both away, his dirtbike owns on those trails, we jus ride as hard as we can go, try to learn how to go faster, ill give u a call monday and c if u want to head out there :macho

07-29-2006, 11:45 PM
if anyone else wants to ride in oswatomie at brewers place, let us kno, we can meet u there, we like to go pretty decent pace, so no slow pokes :blah:

pharit
07-30-2006, 02:01 PM
we may have to come down that way sometime we are about an hour away from you guys down by oswatomie, but i got family down there anyway and my uncle is the math teacher at oswatomie highschool.

07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
we may have to come down that way sometime we are about an hour away from you guys down by oswatomie, but i got family down there anyway and my uncle is the math teacher at oswatomie highschool.

let me kno when your comming, we can meet up and go ride :macho

bansheeke
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
bout to head back to kc now. I'll be down at travs shop doing cam mod etc tonite. come by if you want

07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
i have been cruising around olathe n stuff today, travis said he is riding wednesday, ill c if i can make it down there if u want to go :macho

Luv2ATV
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
In regrards to riding at the Pomona Ride Area (in Kansas). You must be a member and pay your dues in order to ride there. Our insurance will not allow people to ride there unless they are members of Trail Pass or the KATVA. If you know of anyone giving out the combo to the gate or letting people ride please let me know. This is not allowed and your membership can be revoked. We have our own webmaster and we have not hired Yurik Norton to due our website, he is blowing smoke. Thanks and I hope you go to the katva website next time for more information, because Yurik does not have the correct information. Thanks!

08-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Luv2ATV
In regrards to riding at the Pomona Ride Area (in Kansas). You must be a member and pay your dues in order to ride there. Our insurance will not allow people to ride there unless they are members of Trail Pass or the KATVA. If you know of anyone giving out the combo to the gate or letting people ride please let me know. This is not allowed and your membership can be revoked. We have our own webmaster and we have not hired Yurik Norton to due our website, he is blowing smoke. Thanks and I hope you go to the katva website next time for more information, because Yurik does not have the correct information. Thanks!

WTF?

no joke u havent hired me, but i think your messing with the wrong guy here man, im promoting your club and now your talking trash on me, im not giving out any combo, im getting you members signed up, i already have 4 other families signed up, and if you continue your ranting about me being in this club, then i will take my money back and you can have your stupid tag, we ride there for fun and promote your club because no one who is there is fast

im friends with darrin and have sponsors lined up for your winter event, not trying to be an @$$ but where in the world did you get all this info and y r u bad mouthing me

honestly WTF? :eek2:

and i have your new web site on a disc at my house i planned on giving to andy, your web master is horrible, i redesigned it and made it organized and 10 times better, but i guess you dont want that either since im donating my work for free? :confused:

08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
also, please mention your name, i am a very well known and respected name in ATV racing, as well as on this forum, i let my name fly out and dont try to hide who i am, if you want to say im blowing smoke then y dont u mention yours, im sending this link to andy and darrin, u are way out of line about me, you can ask the starks or any other katva member out there who knows me

08-01-2006, 10:50 PM
o and btw, if you would like to discuss this over email, pm, or phone, please feel free to pm me and i will give you my phone number

i jus think if your not throwing your name out there, hiding behind a screen name, and saying im just blowing smoke by having your site on a cd, i really hope you are on the board or something, otherwise you really messed up by saying that to me, sorry if i flipped out too much, but when someone on here says that im just making stuff up, when im trying to help the club grow, get new members, and get respected members, i dont see how thats wrong

please get back to me on this, because im not letting anyone ride for free or anything, ask darrin, we signed a new member up at the last work day

msg back,
yurik

TRX_450
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM

man you need to watch what you say. you're burning bridges that are gonna come back and bite u in the @$$ and your gonna regert opening your mouth

Punk'd
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM

You must be a complete moron.. He is helping you buy sending you members.

Wow.. Lets hope you dont run that place because if you worked for me id fire you no questions asked.

Way to be a jerk:rolleyes:

08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
hey allen, brewers wednesday around 6 or so, ill text u if travis doesnt

08-01-2006, 11:30 PM

i jus reread pg 8 for me, when i began mentioning the club, i said you had to join, and it was $60 for a family, and u didnt have to do the work day if u didnt want to, cuz i have the combo, andy told me when i joined if u pay $60 u can ride with someone who lets u in, but u eventually need to do the work day or pay the extra $60, jus curious as to what i said that was so wrong? i even listed the web site for more information, and the web site i have is on a cd, i was going to give to andy to mention at the board meeting, sorry for using my time, and what would normally cost over $1000 for a pro web pg designer, designing a web site for the club, i kno you have a webmaster, but thats not doing the club good looking unprofessional, sorry to say, like i said, call me, pm me, email me, whatever it takes, id like to hear your side, and sorry if i am being a little mean, i just take offence when someone says im doing wrong when im helping out a club majorly

rockman
08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
dude i wouldn't worry about it.. it was that guys 1 and only post.. Obviously it was some 12 year old kid trying to jerk your chain.. everyone knows you, I wouldn't stress if I were you.. but thats just my opinion, i'm not involved and don't really know the situation with katva

08-02-2006, 08:55 PM
dude i wouldn't worry about it.. it was that guys 1 and only post.. Obviously it was some 12 year old kid trying to jerk your chain.. everyone knows you, I wouldn't stress if I were you.. but thats just my opinion, i'm not involved and don't really know the situation with katva

ya u do have a point there

if u want to ride man let me know, your not too far away from pomona if you want to join the katva, if not maybe we can hit up brewers in oswatomie sometime

Luv2ATV
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
:blah:

08-02-2006, 10:19 PM
really wasnt funny

08-03-2006, 12:23 AM
allen, we r riding brewers tomorrow says travis, i dunno if i can make it yet, ill let you kno

08-03-2006, 12:26 AM
i might jus ride at my place if u want to come out, depends on the weather, its supposed to rain so i dont kno

rockman
08-03-2006, 06:38 AM
ya u do have a point there

if u want to ride man let me know, your not too far away from pomona if you want to join the katva, if not maybe we can hit up brewers in oswatomie sometime
Ya if Pharit goes I probably will too. We are thinking about riding this weekend. Osawatomie... man i haven't been there in a while, sounds like a good idea. Anyway I'll let ya know how things are panning out and what we've got goin on.

bigdaddy650r
08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
check it out

www.katva.org

This is what you did wrong!
You invited non-members to ride!
That is against the rules and not allowed by our insurance company!
I am glad you are promoting the club and the ride area but we have to follow all of the rules.

Thanks, Roger Harmon
KATVA member # 10

rockman
08-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bigdaddy650r
I am glad you are promoting the club and the ride area but we have to follow all of the rules.

Thanks, Roger Harmon
KATVA member # 10

Wow.. Once again this organization proves to be nothing but a joke!!! And here Yurik just about had me convinced to join, but then you jackasses go and rip him a new one for promoting your org.. What a nice way to say "thanks for getting people to join our ****ty org." What a dissapointment.. I don't see how anyone would WANT to ride with you guys..

bigdaddy650r
08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey! This is a nice place to ride, that cost a lot of us many hours of hard work, thousands of $ over the last 15 years.

The insurance we have on the riding area is required by the Army Corps Of Engineers as a condition of our lease with them.
The insurance requires that all riders be members to be covered under this policy.

If we (or you) violate the conditions of our insurance policy they could revoke our insurance, the Corps of Engineers will cancel our lease and close down the riding area!
It is that simple!

It is your choice!

Roger Harmon

08-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Thanks, Roger Harmon
KATVA member # 10

wow, did u not read everything i said or something? i also mentioned how you need to sign up to the club, all i said was u dont need to do the work day, never said nething about not paying, please read EVERYTHING i said before you respond, instead of reading 1 of my posts and then responding

08-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey! This is a nice place to ride, that cost a lot of us many hours of hard work, thousands of $ over the last 15 years.

The insurance we have on the riding area is required by the Army Corps Of Engineers as a condition of our lease with them.
The insurance requires that all riders be members to be covered under this policy.

If we (or you) violate the conditions of our insurance policy they could revoke our insurance, the Corps of Engineers will cancel our lease and close down the riding area!
It is that simple!

It is your choice!

Roger Harmon

ya i kno that, but you guys just got the wrong picture here, sorry for leading u on the wrong path, but im doing just the opposite of what you say are thinking

08-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Wow.. Once again this organization proves to be nothing but a joke!!! And here Yurik just about had me convinced to join, but then you jackasses go and rip him a new one for promoting your org.. What a nice way to say "thanks for getting people to join our ****ty org." What a dissapointment.. I don't see how anyone would WANT to ride with you guys..

you can ride with me lol :D

08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
its at the katva riding park by dragoon motorcross track, you need to be a member of the katva, to do this the next date to sign in and do a work day is july 22, me and a bunch of buddies will be up there then, if any of you need directions and dont kno about dragoon we can get them to you, we will meet u at dragoon and you can follow us in if you want :macho

here is your proof

08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Ya if Pharit goes I probably will too. We are thinking about riding this weekend. Osawatomie... man i haven't been there in a while, sounds like a good idea. Anyway I'll let ya know how things are panning out and what we've got goin on.

we usually hit oswatomie or my house up every other day or so, then on weekends hit pomona, so if u want to come to one of those 3 im up for it, ill come down there during the winter or something and we can hit milford or something

08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
and btw roger, thank you for mentioning your name, i dont know who you are, but trying to represent an organization with a screen name with no actual name is not professional, much less appropriate, you never kno who is speaking for who, i think we just have a big miss understanding here, we can let it slide this time, ive never let any non-member rider into the area ever, and never will, the only 2 non-member people i have brought both signed up that day and did the work day at the same time, so lets just put this behind us and look forward to the winter event, i have a few suprises for the KATVA members for the winter get together thing, just wait until you check this out ;)

08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
ATTN:

next pomona ride day is August 20th if any of you would like to join us, you can sign up at the work day, and do the work day if u want, or u can just ride with us, up to u, let me know whos comming out and i will look for u

bigdaddy650r
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Sorry about the confusion, I am a member of this forum and all posts come up automattically and the one I referenced threw up a red flag , I guess I must have missed the other one.
We have been having problems with people cutting the fence riding illegally and we have had complaints from the neighbors about people riding illegally up and down the gravel road and we are all a little gun shy right now!

The club is all about ATV riding and riders rights.

I am the member that discovered the riding area about 18 years ago, I live about 12 miles away and I am somewhat protective of this area. You have to excuse me on my previous letter, I get excited sometimes, in the past we had to jump through soooo many hoops with the ins. co. wildlife & parks, corps of eng. treehugging wildlife biologist etc.... to get were we are today.

Again except my appologies and HAPPY TRAILS!

As a side note ,one of the reasons I am a member of this site is because this winter we bought a basket case 300ex for my 9 year old grandson, and did a frame up restoration ,purchasing a lot of parts from members of this site.

Between new & used parts from this site and ebay it ended up with +2+1 lonestar a-arms, +1 1/2 swingarm, 2+2 durablue axle,lonestar front and rear hubs, works shocks, braided lines ,supertrapp exhaust,tag bars,ez pullclutch, racing fenders, K&N, etc.... cool bike.
His trip to the dunes this spring was awesome!!!!

freundly
08-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Go easy on Roger, he's put a lot of blood sweat & tears into that club & has been involved longer than a lot of people on this forrum have been alive.
Roger, hopefully we can make it to the sand when you guys are down there again!

Ryan Freund

andy davis
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Yurik

Roger and Randy are both long time members (founders) they have the right to qustion new members. I read your posts and I did get the impression you where letting anyone in to our ride area. But you latter made it clear that you have to join to ride. The KATVA is a nice place to ride and we owe it to people like Roger and Randy if it was not for there hard work the KATVA would not be around. We are a family oriented ride area and will always keep it that way. If you do join the KATVA it is a place to go ride fast and hard but need to give other members respect when passing. Get it slowed down and pass with respect.

For all people thinking of joining the KATVA give me a call

Andy Davis
KATVA President
913-515-3216

08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
thanks roger, i think everyone got a little excited when that first post was thrown up, i dont kno who it was, the luv2atv guy, but now i think we have all come to the same grounds, i didnt kno anyone was cutting the fence or riding the gravel road, if i c anyone doing it i will let you kno

andy, sorry about making the impression it was free, but now i think its clear that you need to sign up to the KATVA to ride, and ya, always respect who you ride with, everyone is out there having fun, just cuz someones idea of fun is slower then yours doesnt mean you should blow by them and throw up rocks and dust etc, i agree with u on that 1 completely

thats y most of the times we head down there isnt on big weekends, less people to worry about, but darrin talked me into comming down for labor day most likely, he said its a pretty big weekend and id like to meet some of the other guys and stuff, so ill prolly make it out then

as for anyone who wants to ride with me and my buds down at the KATVA place in pomona, call up andy jus like he said, he was the guy i talked to when i was thinking about joining, and the man doesnt lie, he told me the trails were awesome and i wouldnt regret signing up, and boy was he right, its the perfect place to train

if you guys do sign up and want to hit pomona one of these weekends let me know, me and a couple of my friends are always up for a fast ride :devil:

and one last thing, did darrin tell you about what ive got comming for the winter banquet :D , that alone should get you quite a few more members, but ill jus leave those who dont kno in suspence

TRX_450
08-27-2006, 11:28 AM
wheres everybody been? i wanna get together and ride some weekend....anybody free?

08-28-2006, 07:46 AM
labor day monday ride at pomona :macho

pharit
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
So whats up with the KATVA and not promotiing MX race's???

peacefrog
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey St. Geoge boy, heard you had sum kicken *** trails in St. George. Me an my buddy are meeting at the river Sat. want to come along for a fast *** ride dude

TRX_450
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
come on over kit...better be careful...might hurt urself :P

rockman
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
hey guys, just wanna let you all know me and Pharit went to Thunderhill today and met the new owner guy. IF enough people are interested he's going to start a atv class so help us get the word out. Hit me up if you want more info or give Bob Webb a call(he's the new owner) i can give you his cell if you want more info. O and check out their new site
thunderhill (http://www.thunderhillmx1.com)

pharit
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
its the sex

rockman
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
wtf :huh

firman2193
09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
is there anyone around paola or louisburg that wants to ride sometime?

pharit
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
idk it just sounded good

peacefrog
09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
heard perry had sum races (Quads) i guess at the orv area. Did any of you make it?

rockman
09-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by peacefrog
heard perry had sum races (Quads) i guess at the orv area. Did any of you make it?

Hmm.. nope didn't make that one. Last time I was at perry it was all rutted to hell. I couldn't imagine racing there. Then again i'm no xc racer either. Maybe thats what you guys like.

pharit
09-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Hmm.. nope didn't make that one. Last time I was at perry it was all rutted to hell. I couldn't imagine racing there. Then again i'm no xc racer either. Maybe thats what you guys like.

only place to race at perry is in a giant circle in the parking lot........

Kansas400ex
09-09-2006, 05:17 PM
god dangit yalls up there are lucky. i dont have any xc or mx near me. that closet one is is like 6 hours away. but i do have waynoka 2 hours away.

rockman
09-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Kansas400ex
god dangit yalls up there are lucky. i dont have any xc or mx near me. that closet one is is like 6 hours away. but i do have waynoka 2 hours away.

Ok just for the defense of the rest of us kansans, we don't talk like that. :cool:

Kansas400ex
09-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok just for the defense of the rest of us kansans, we don't talk like that. :cool:
we dont talk like what. what do you mean

rockman
09-10-2006, 09:33 AM
god dangit yalls up there are lucky.

I was just kiddin man

Kansas400ex
09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
k thats kool i was thinkin wtf crawled up this guys *** and died

rockman
09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
k thats kool i was thinkin wtf crawled up this guys *** and died
No man i was just playin

Kansas400ex
09-10-2006, 09:38 AM
No man i was just playin
i know you were.

rockman
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey tyler you coming up to thunderhill on thursday. we've got a few people goin, its atv practice day. i think theres like 6-7 of us going.

TRX_450
09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
ummm....possibly...if i can find somebody to go with i mite..i really needa get out and ride....havent rode in like 2 months lol

peacefrog
09-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Tyler you drive i'll ride up with you to thunderhill

TRX_450
09-10-2006, 11:40 AM
lol kit i was just gonna call storm and see if u wanted to go...but on thursday im not sure i can because of practice...ill hafta talk to the rents and see what they say

rockman
09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
well looks like they might have just changed the day anyway.. I'll have to give bob a call on monday and see if its on thursday or sat, the website says sat now so i'll let you guys know what i find out

TRX_450
09-10-2006, 02:57 PM
i hope so...saturday would work alot better for me

pharit
09-11-2006, 11:27 AM
**** ya some peopel are actually goin to ride with us.......

i hope bobs grommed the track

rockman
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
**** ya some peopel are actually goin to ride with us.......

i hope bobs grommed the track

Hey gabe call bob and see if practice is thurs or sat

rockman
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
ok so i called bob at thunderhill. Practice is Sat all day.

pharit
09-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Well whos goin to ThunderHill saturday, i know i am.

Patrick have you talked to gerad or anyone?

idk if buddy is goin but i think christi is goin to come up if she can get her R goin.....

WHO ELSE IS GOIN

rockman
09-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Well whos goin to ThunderHill saturday, i know i am.

Patrick have you talked to gerad or anyone?

idk if buddy is goin but i think christi is goin to come up if she can get her R goin.....

WHO ELSE IS GOIN
Well i have to work till 4:30 but yeah i am planning on it. Gerad said he was going to come up after work too.

pharit
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Man there was only two quads up there what happened to everyone?

TRX_450
09-21-2006, 08:36 PM
kit you wanna go ride the spillway sunday? i may have a bike rider or two talked into going and if lee will let lil willie take the arctic kitten we can have a decent group

09-21-2006, 08:44 PM
pomona anyone?

peacefrog
09-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Sounds like a plan tyler, be nice to have the artic kitty to pull us out of the **** hole of mud thats going to be in those canens. Peace my ninja

TRX_450
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
well heres todays ride up at storms farm...too bad ya couldnt ride with us kit... woulda had more pics of me but my arm wouldnt quit bleeding

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0909.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0906.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0905.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0904.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0903.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0902.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0901.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0900.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0899.jpg

pharit
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
What happened to you guys coming out to thunderhill?

Selland74
09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
hey guys. im in manhattan and im lookin for places to ride. what is there around here within 40 miles or so. thanks

rockman
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
What happened to you guys coming out to thunderhill?
Hmm apparently no one cares. Fine i guess it will be you an me every weekend.

peacefrog
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey sellan74, Live just outside Manhattan, well there is the Spillway out by the lake, northest corner of overflow area. Nice canyon walls a few nice jumps, killer bigass hill jump, cool little table top, fun trail riding not real big, butt beats th alley out back. Randoff, lots of trails open to trucks an dune buggys to, lots of trails very little jumps, 3 or 4 good hours of trail riding. School creek, up of the west central part of milford. All atv an motocross riding we (Team Dirt Devils ) ride there alot. Lots An Lots of trails for us sport bikes, Most of are team got 4-wheel drives they have a blast, got rock, mud, few canyon walls. All three of these spots are with in your 40 mile range and most under 20 miles. All three would recomend a riding buddy for the fact the trails are always changing from wash outs to lots of riders. Hope you get a chance to go check sum out this weekead, going to be killer weather. Peace Kit

Selland74
09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
thanks alot peacefrog. im lookin forward to getting out there and riding some of these weekends. im curious, have you ever ridden at lake perry? ive heard its a lot of fun.

rockman
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Selland74
thanks alot peacefrog. im lookin forward to getting out there and riding some of these weekends. im curious, have you ever ridden at lake perry? ive heard its a lot of fun.

I haven't been to perry in months, pharit was just out there last weekend. Last time i was out it was all rutted.

peacefrog
09-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey sellan74 never been to perry, its alittle farther than 40 miles an from the talk from the boys on here it aint that great. Would luv to go try it for my self. ever head that way get on here an tell me when your goeing. who you ride with? Ever need a riding buddy around hear give me a howler an maybe meet you up there. Were thinking about heading to the doons tomorrow, If not wouldn't mind hitting sum local trails. What you ride?

rockman
09-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Ya even though I don't like perry its always nice to ride with some different people.. If you guys ever get out this way let me know, i'd be up for it.

Selland74
10-01-2006, 09:59 AM
thanks for all the responses guys. I ride a 400ex its nothin special but its my first one. i just got it like 6 weeks ago. ive been just riding around the home farm (near everest and horton if anybody knows where thats at) but im planning on bringing down to manhattan while im in school.

peacefrog
10-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Going out to spillway today got bike in town

Selland74
10-01-2006, 12:28 PM
i dont have it here yet

TRX_450
10-01-2006, 02:23 PM
kit are we riding here at all today? i havent talked to swoyers yet...ull have to have lil willie call em but we can hang round here for a while if ya want...its still kinda hot

peacefrog
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Its going to be freaking hot all freaking week, you guys don't have practice Monday maybe on my nightly ride swing by an ripp your trac up for a while

Selland74
10-02-2006, 06:53 PM
brought my bike to manhattan today. hoping to get out and ride next weekend.

peacefrog
10-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Kool were talking about going out Sat. if we go out want us to give you a houler

Selland74
10-03-2006, 02:44 PM
that sounds good. theres another kid that wants to go out there too but i think is going to the game on sat. so let me know. thanks

peacefrog
10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
If not Sat. deffently sun. spillway will get back with ya. You old enough that we don't need any release forms? In case of a joy ride to hospital

Selland74
10-03-2006, 03:44 PM
yeah, im 20. hopefully wont need to go there anyway. how long have you guys been riding? what do you ride?

peacefrog
10-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I've been riding ever body elses bike for about 4 years from sport to hard core 4X4 utilitys. Had my 400 ex for about 3 mouths now. So I've only realy been on (My bike) for about 4 mouths now. Like to ride in the mountains, the dunes, an about any trials that I don't get stuck on. Not a real big hill climber, butt been hitting more to get used to them. What Kind of riding you in to?

Selland74
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
oh just little trails and around the pastures at home. i rode my brothers rancher for a few months and ive had my ex for about a month now so im not too crazy on it yet.

TRX_450
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
ive been ridin for about 4 years now..and had me ex for bout 2...im decent on it lol

450rJam
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
thats a pretty clean 400ex (and its 6 almost 7 years old)
I like it.
if you ever get over around the east edge of kansas I know a few places to ride.

TRX_450
10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
kit im out for a while....found out today i gotta broken collar bone so i got 3-4 weeks to mod my quad i guess....sucks, i was lookin forward to this weekend too

peacefrog
10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Dam Tyler, what you going an break your Sh%t for. Was it rideing or at football? Was looking forward to haveing a nother sport bike at the team dirt devil camp out at the farm. Ordering a few Mods for my bike to night. Sorry to hear about you bones breaking Peace Kit

TRX_450
10-04-2006, 07:24 PM
i think it as football..its been botherin me and i went to the chiro yesterday to work on my back and she said to get x rays so i did...and its broke...it didnt separte luckily so im glad i found it when i did...im hopni to get some mods for my bike in this time...dont worry gimme 4 weeks and ill be back tearing it up with ya man

apexsilverevo8
10-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Where at in KS? Live in KC would be interested in riding can bring a few guys let me know.

450rJam
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
im taking my son riding for his b-day (sunday 8th) osawatomie.
from kansas city
I-35 south to olathe
169 south to osawatomie
go west on main until you hit the stop light (6th street)
turn left (south) go about 6 blocks (watch for chinese restaurant)
turn right at the chinese place (pavement ends, gravel starts and your here)
Ill be there about 9:00am
85 gmc shortbed, black tribal 450r

Selland74
10-05-2006, 07:30 PM
anybody ridin in mahattan on saturday?

peacefrog
10-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Probaly ride my track Sat. (7 miles outside Manhattan) I ride it every day. Might hit sum trails Sun if not to hung over

peacefrog
10-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Tyler, miss you up at the farm this weekead, Made sum killer trails, tony made this jump (out of dried up creek bank) about 12 foot wall landing on the hill on back side. Darrans getting mad air on his 250. tony an I are getting sum butt darins two wheeler skying out of it. Made sum bad ***** hill climbs and lot of new trails. Why don't you forget about your injury (Your out of football practice) an come up an ride with the dirt devils. Peace bro. you see my new stic on my ride made an extra if you want one.

pharit
11-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Topeka Sport riders including my self and rockman are goin to be a milford lake saturday nov 11 if anyone wants to come out and ride

peacefrog
11-03-2006, 05:16 AM
The ride the 11th sounds cool we might have a bunch of big boys (Over sizes moded utilitys) cumming down from missouri that weeek end too.

rockman
11-03-2006, 05:19 AM
I'll be going only if I can get my quad back together by then.

peacefrog
11-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey Sat. 5th tomorrow a few guys from topeka are heading down to scholl creek out at Milferd if any of you want to show up

rockman
11-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey Sat. 5th tomorrow a few guys from topeka are heading down to scholl creek out at Milferd if any of you want to show up I would but the z is in pieces right now.. Should be running by tomorrow afternoon though

IMSROLL450R
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Dammit I wish manhattan wasnt so far away there isnt anywhere to ride down here........

peacefrog
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Just went out too schoool creek last weekend an looking forward to randoff this weekead you fellas still comeing down?

rockman
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Just went out too schoool creek last weekend an looking forward to randoff this weekead you fellas still comeing down?

yep sure are. a bunch of us are coming down sat morning. pharit has more details

TRX_450
11-07-2006, 06:16 AM
ill be there this weekend finally...

peacefrog
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Ya sure tyler

pharit
11-07-2006, 08:29 PM
we'll have a big group hopfully a blaster, 400ex, two yfz z400 300ex and a couple dirtbikes. come over and say whats up

peacefrog
11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
if we show well be on a custom painted 400, cut up yellow 400, and tylers red jet 400. all hondas

TRX_450
11-08-2006, 07:53 PM
dont have any pics of tony or kits quads but ill be on this

rockman
11-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
dont have any pics of tony or kits quads but ill be on this You'll deffinately tell me apart :D http://crazyass.net/~patrick/dcracing1.jpghttp://http://crazyass.net/~patrick/dcracing1.jpg

rockman
11-08-2006, 08:18 PM
http://crazyass.net/~patrick/dcracing3.jpg

rockman
11-08-2006, 08:19 PM
F it i give up.. lol

peacefrog
11-09-2006, 04:57 AM
When an how you geting out to the ORV trails

rockman
11-09-2006, 05:12 AM
Well I guess the plan is we're all heading out from topeka around 9-9:30. Me and pharit will be taking my truck with a trailer.

peacefrog
11-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Tyler how you getting up there?

TRX_450
11-09-2006, 06:24 AM
i dunno....ya think lee will let us take his rig? if not if somebody wants to ride with me ill drive my truck....also if ya wouldnt mind givin my rents a call tonite again to tell em whats goin on so i can get cleared id appreciate it

pharit
11-11-2006, 05:58 PM
did ya'll make it out there today?

peacefrog
11-12-2006, 06:40 AM
No went hunting did you cats make it down

pharit
11-12-2006, 07:18 AM
No went hunting did you cats make it down

hell ya it was a blast

rockman
11-12-2006, 07:23 AM
hell ya it was a blast
other than the fact that we both about died, lol

video (http://media.putfile.com/OOPS-33-94)

yamahonda
11-14-2006, 09:31 PM
can anyone tell me if redmond is wet ... i might make a trip out there this weekend....

TRX_450
11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
kit u needa come over some nite and hit this...

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p7ed9dbab6586fd281dd965a7d01aa713/ebfc0484.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pd27f5c013560815a1d2c0b453cc2bc47/ebfc042e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/pdb44ec6e42cd0bd1cf00a7a2eb1dd873/ebfc03d8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p160e3ad4da2824d0bc2910a7a669f018/ebfc0384.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid219/p19486d99bb5e284d001de2b42bf39c35/ebfc0332.jpg

peacefrog
11-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Looks like fun tyler, have alan mickel shoot them for you?

250r/kfxrider
12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
So.. When is the next trip to Milford? A bunch of us from Beatrice NE just hit it last weekend and had a blast. Too bad for those damn dirt bikes ruining the trails though!!!

peacefrog
12-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey fellas, are club team dirt devils http://www.freetrapper.com/atv have a rideing area up by frankfort Ks., an might have a chance to lease around to 200 to 250 ares. We have found a organization that will insure us. We are putting out a filler to see if anyone would be iterested in joining us an make it a private riding area. would be like 100$ membership (Includes family) for a year. Willing to make 2 work days a year would only be 50$. That would be for leaseing the land an insurance. You would follow Ks. atv laws (Helmets under 18) an think we can make room for camping. Was putting out a filler to see if anyone was interested. From what little I can see would have room for professional race track. Please respond so can think about haveing it set up by early spring.

TRX_450
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
kit you know im in and if sumthin were to happen i have the lawyers on our side anyway...ive got access to bobcats and backhoes too

peacefrog
12-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Got a few insurance fella interested hoping the boys from Missiouri are interested. Would like to make sum thing (maybe big trac) to interest the fellas on here

pharit
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
hey i'd be down

peacefrog
12-09-2006, 12:44 PM
If i can least the ground be dpwn with sum ideas on bad ***** trac

pharit
12-10-2006, 11:58 AM
how far you guys out from topeka i have access to a bobcat if you wanna build a track

peacefrog
12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Frankfort is about 60 miles if take 24 to 99 an then north, there might be a quicke way through the woods butt don't know the raods in your area

peacefrog
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
We are heading down to perry next weekead, there talking about rain. Was wondering how much of a mud hole oit is after the rain. Most of the boys on are team are on utilty bike a few of us are on sport bikes, any fun after the rain?

rockman
12-27-2006, 06:09 AM
I don't like perry when its dry. you couldn't PAY me to ride there with it being wet. No way.

450rJam
12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
perry is nothing but rocks and roots, on a sport quad you will be using the clutch all day, never get out of 2nd gear, and most likely need to replace a bent rim at the end of the day.

on a utility it may be ok just because they are made for slow rolling over ruff stuff.

dont take my word for it though, everyone should make their own opinions but use caution.

peacefrog
12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
thanks for the heads up sounds like half of the team has wust out on us so probaly not heading up. peace Kit

peacefrog
01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Whats up Kansas boys an girls? You all have a good new years? Well we made it to Perry had 5 artic cat 4X4's an my dumb ***** on my 400 ex. The trails had about 2 inches of mud on everything, little rockie (Ride in mountains alot so not to bad) had to tow me out of the creek two tow straps, winch, 1 quad, to guys working there butts off butt we got her out. Broke sum plasics on a Cat, took a tire off a cat rim, ate butt loads of mud, had a good time. Don't think i plan on going back anytime to soom but had fun. Lets get a big group of us together to hit the dunes in like march or sumthing. Peace

peacefrog
02-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Hello is there any body out there? Have they banded atvs in Kansas? Have not hear any of you guys and ladies talk about anything on here in a while. Any body ready for the dunes? Thinking about mid March??? Anyone still ride on here? Ha Ha Hope you all get back on line some day an get excited about spring almost here.

rockman
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Hello is there any body out there? Have they banded atvs in Kansas? Have not hear any of you guys and ladies talk about anything on here in a while. Any body ready for the dunes? Thinking about mid March??? Anyone still ride on here? Ha Ha Hope you all get back on line some day an get excited about spring almost here. Going to waynoka the 14-18 you wanna go?

sadame
02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
ATV rodeo and dirt drags sunday march 4th 2007 in Coffeyville Kansas

pm me if you have any questions

sickboy1

Selland74
03-10-2007, 12:37 PM
hey guys,

this is kinda off topic but i was wondering if its possible to have a street legal atv in kansas. thanks

IMSROLL450R
03-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey I'm moving to Lenexa Kansas in June for my job and dont want to spend all my time in town. Is there anywhere to ride the 450 up around here? I'm from southeast kansas and there isnt anything down there. Let me know if there are any parks or just public places. Also we are all goin to the dunes march 21-25 if anyone from Kansas is goin. gonna be about 60 of us so should be a good time. Lookin forward to meetin some new riders!

peacefrog
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, any of you boys an girls do any crazy mods or up grades to your bikes this winter? I got a new paint job, sum airbrushing too, new works tripple rate shocks, new seat, powder coated my nerfs,

peacefrog
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, any of you boys an girls do any crazy mods or up grades to your bikes this winter? I got a new paint job, sum airbrushing too, new works tripple rate shocks, new seat, powder coated my nerfs,

pharit
03-27-2007, 09:47 AM

my broke *** finally bought some nerf bars and heel guards :D

backyardbuilt
03-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Couple more kansas riders hear we go to perry & tuttle and are looking at going to deepwater sometime soon. We have 3-4 utility quads, 2 sport bikes and a rhino soon. We have some acreage near paola we can play on nothing major but fun for some riding.

IMSROLL450R
04-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Did everyone stop ridin their bikes in Kansas????? I'm ready to do some ridin up around KC any info??????? gettin ready to move to olathe.

backyardbuilt
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm starting to think so, I'm in olathe and we ride pretty often. What type of riding do you do we do alot of trails not into jumping or fast cazy stuff but your welcome to tag along when we ride.

IMSROLL450R
04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by backyardbuilt
I'm starting to think so, I'm in olathe and we ride pretty often. What type of riding do you do we do alot of trails not into jumping or fast cazy stuff but your welcome to tag along when we ride.

hey man yeah I trail ride a lot because I race cross country but im happy as long as im ridin. I will have to pm ya when i get up there are do some ridin for sure. let me know the next time you go out i may tag along. later

mc_racer
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Are you "backyardbuilt" on ck5 also?
If so, I'm "87gmc", if not, then you likely have no idea what I'm saying.

Couple more kansas riders hear we go to perry & tuttle and are looking at going to deepwater sometime soon. We have 3-4 utility quads, 2 sport bikes and a rhino soon. We have some acreage near paola we can play on nothing major but fun for some riding.

backyardbuilt
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
The 1 and only, I use this name for everything!!

We were suposed to ride this weekend but snowing and rain have cancelled that. But towards the end of the month we are gonna try and hit deepwater. When you get up here pm me for sure and we will set up a day to go to my buddies properties there are 3 of them 5 miles apart with 5 acres to 80acres to ride on.

IMSROLL450R
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Thats awesome I definitely will and let me know when you all are headed to deepwater I will see if I can round up a posse of 450rs to come out.

backyardbuilt
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds good, I'll let ya know! Looks like may 5 is the reschedule date for my buddies ride (party) that was supposed to be tomarrow. His place is cool he has an oval track set up and 6 hill climbs some creek crossings they like to jump geo trackers out of them its a good time out there! Every once in a while they have car crushing out there to!

IMSROLL450R
04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
damn let me know when all that is goin on I will make it up!!!!!!!!!!

backyardbuilt
04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
As long as the weather cooperates this time it will be May 5, He has a big bon fire and lots of food too!

IMSROLL450R
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
sweetness I'm definitely in..........

mc_racer
04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Got room for one more?

On a side note...
Do you still have the orange K5/truck? I ended up parting out my 87 after a motor fire :( :(

hondaeatr
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
im looking to do some riding at perry, pamona or council grove in the next few weeks. anyone interested in getting something together?

IMSROLL450R
04-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah I dont know where any of them places are but I'm definitely up for it as long as I dont have to go over like 300 miles. Let me know!!!!!!!! Im always game.

backyardbuilt
04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
yeah we could let you come with us and I do still have the k5 truck thing got an 85 chevy with a shortened bed and 36's in the garage now too need to finish sell it though soon!!

backyardbuilt
04-28-2007, 02:27 PM
1 week left then its party time weather looks to be good so far if they don't change there mind!

TRX_450
04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
hey guys...its been a while....but im lookin for some people to go riding either next sunday or the weekend after that....weathers finally gettin nice so we needa get out and tear up the trails...i may have access to a track in manhattan if i can convince the bike riders to let us on theres alot of tables anywhere from 60-80' and a few doubles and even a step up or two

backyardbuilt
05-03-2007, 05:51 PM
mc_racer & IMSROLL450R I am finding out for sure if the ride party is still on since we have had a ton of rain again I hope it is, need to test out my reverse foot lever mod during riding not just the back yard, but let me know if your still up for it either way!

mc_racer
05-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Just let me know, if it gets postponed, that's cool. I'm still tuning my new carb, so I'm not 100% anyway.

Selland74
05-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey guys! im gonna be working in hesston this summer (near newton) is there any places to ride around there? thanks

IMSROLL450R
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
mc_racer & IMSROLL450R I am finding out for sure if the ride party is still on since we have had a ton of rain again I hope it is, need to test out my reverse foot lever mod during riding not just the back yard, but let me know if your still up for it either way!

I am still up for it for sure I just bought my girlfriend an 07 400ex so Im sure she may come with me. Just let me know in advance!!!!!!!!!

backyardbuilt
05-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Its still on had to work late I'm heading out about 1pm or so my cell is 913-244-8909 we can meet at my place or near the mall or something just give me a call 2 marrow sometime!

IMSROLL450R
05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
damn we dont get back in town till about then. We are goin to deepwater the next day. I will see what we can do I forgot it was this weekend. I will save your number though

backyardbuilt
05-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Well you can come out anytime today, the directions are take 69 to 359th street exit go right off the exit and go till you get to new lancaster take a left and go till you get to 379th street which is right as you start to go downhill it is a right turn only they are the first house on the road there is a gate on the left where alot of cars will be parked go in there and unload just ask for backyardbuilt or Ryan most everyone knows me or my buddy Bert!

busted
05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, just found this thread and it's nice to see some people from kansas on here. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I just started racing flat track this year and I am looking to find some more races. It has been hard finding some of them cause most of the time they are not advertised very much so I figured I would ask you guys if you have heard of any. I am pretty sure that there is a guy in Paola that puts one on 2 times a year but I don't know anyone that rides in Paola anymore, or at least I don't think he does. Any help would be great.
I also go to Osawatamie so if you guys are heading that way let me know.

Thanks,
Jake

backyardbuilt
05-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Don't know about races but we have wanted to go to Osawatamie but can't seem to get any info on riding there right now it is under water atleast the trail part is a guy I work with lives out there but noone is ever around when he goes to check on riding there! We are heading to perry on the 12th were meeting in olathe around 1000am and heading out if anyne wants to meet and gowith us! So far looks like me and my buddy on his rhino maybe 1 more.

TRX_450
05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
theres one every friday nite in junction city

backyardbuilt
05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Should be at perry between 10 and 11am green rhino and a red and black 300ex stop by if your out there!

mc_racer
05-11-2007, 07:10 PM
WE'll be out there tomorrow also. Should be about the same time. I'll be on a black 250r with a red frame. My buddy will be on my blue Blaster. Hope to see ya.

Matt

450rJam
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I live in osawatomie, and it is pretty much all under water now.

when it dries up im ready to ride, I will post up as soon as it dries (at least half way passable anyway)

perry was so rocky/ruff/and full of roots last time I was there that I couldnt open it up at all.