PDA

View Full Version : ATV License Plate Question

hemi operator
05-08-2005, 03:24 AM
I've never registered an ATV before here in MA. I registered my 400EX last week becasue to ride on state land here you need to be registered. The plate is supposed to go on the rear of the machine. I have it on the front bumper right now because there's 4 threaded holes set up for it from the factory.
http://www.fototime.com/1B671BA0D6F1EBA/standard.jpg

Anyone from MA or any other state which uses plates know of anything out there we can buy to mount the plate on the rear? BTW, I believe it's supposed to go on the back so that the Environmental Police can just get your plate # with binnoculars if you run from them rather than chasing you. With this in mind, I may just mount it flat on the top of a rear fender, facing up. That way, technically it IS on the rear.....but you can't see it.

finallyridin
05-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Hey congrats on the bike. I drilled a couple holes in my airbox and bolted the plate there. It's nice to because it is tucked up out of the way. I have also talked to the DEP and they said nothing about it.

ryann mx68
05-08-2005, 08:34 AM
you gotta love mass, anything to squeeze $$$ out of you. i moved last year from mass to georgia, sick of all the liberal bullsh*t up there, [oh yeah and the cold-as* weather] i like the idea of concealing it a little, make them work to see it. places to ride are few and far between up there. good thing is with that plate, you can legally ride on a public road for 500 feet, to get from trail to trail,[it used to be that way] not sure now though.

check this site out: www.georgiaoffroad.com

click on orv parks and mx tracks, this state is loaded with places to ride.

congrats on the ex

coryatver
05-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I zipped tied mine to the subframe behind the taillight

bakeen
05-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Here in AZ they are also dumbasses and use plates instead of stickers.... I'm from CA where they use stickers so its easy to put them on. To bad the rest of CA is all screwed in the head but at least they do one thing right. I don't even put my plate on my quad. There isn't a decent place to put it. I keep it in my truck. I ride mostly on the local MX track so it doesn't matter. I've never seen a ranger/BLM (whatever they are called) out on state land, and even then they are more concerned you have a $15 license to be out there which I do have. When I go to CA you just have to say you're from AZ and they won't care.

fwm416ex
05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Heres how i did mine on my 400ex,13,700 miles and zero problems with it

coryatver
05-08-2005, 05:49 PM
all you need is 2 zip ties and zip tie it to the subframe where the seat latches and you are good to go

bonified5
05-08-2005, 08:13 PM
doesnt that effect how u latch on the seat by getting in the way?

Green95Hoe
07-02-2005, 09:44 PM
This is where I put mine.. just used zip ties

muddy400EX
07-04-2005, 12:40 AM
MA makes you use license plates? thats retarded:ermm:

Green95Hoe
07-04-2005, 09:07 AM
The Cops will never question you as long as they see a plate. Without one, your lucky if they dont tow it away unless you can somehow prove proof of ownership on the spot. Ill pay the lousy 30.00 a year to keep the cops off my ***

~Brad

MadMax27
07-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I drilled out one the warning plate rivets, on the front left fender. License plate fits perfect in their. Riveted it back through existing holes. Done deal. Yeah, the cops dont even look twice at me anymore!