PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Charger Question

nat3060
05-07-2005, 07:38 PM
is it worth all that cash? or will i be like %#$& i shoulda save that money for payments.

i have an hrc cam.. so im wondering if the pipe and the cam is a great combo or what

im just wondering if you ever regretted throwing down all that cash on it?

BOONE450R
05-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Well its not NOS if thats what you are getting at, its a pipe. Horsepower does not come cheap, you will find out after a while it takes more cash to gain smaller results as the engine becomes more and more modified. When building an engine you should pick each component as if it was a small puzzle peice in a large puzzle. Each peice might not make that big of a difference by its self, but when combined with all the others it will make the whole package shine.;)

05-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by nat3060
is it worth all that cash? or will i be like %#$& i shoulda save that money for payments.

i have an hrc cam.. so im wondering if the pipe and the cam is a great combo or what

im just wondering if you ever regretted throwing down all that cash on it?

waste, go with a sparks big core or a rossier engineering :macho

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 09:41 PM
just wondering why you say its a waste when if made more power than the sparks

05-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
just wondering why you say its a waste when if made more power than the sparks

definantly didnt, www.chad502ex.com check the dyno run, also, the sparks big core makes about 1hp more then the normal sparks, so how do u figure? you can even see the dyno run on the site, for a modded bike the sparks/rossier is the best, for a completely stock bike with no mods what so ever, i still wouldnt pay that much for the pc, its a waste when its not even that great, the saying you get what you pay for isnt right, you pay for that and its not even the best pipe but costs the most, how does that work :confused:

brif
05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
xxhonda, how can you say it's a waste? With all the different combinations that we/ members of this site run, you will find that not all bikes will get the same gains. Chads bike is a different set-up than most and just because the sparks, rossier, pc or whatever performed best on his bike, doesn't mean you will see the same results with your bike. Boone is corresct, it's just another piece of the puzzle, build around it. Some combinations work with some set-ups better than others.
To call something a waste without any first-hand knowleadge is a waste of everybodys time. To nat3060, you asked this same question on another forum. What's maybe a waste to some, wouldn't be to others. There are many running the pc with the hrc cam and are very satisfied with it. Good luck in your purchase........

86atc250r
05-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Folks you need to remember that this is the internet and a 15 year old kid that's a beginning C Class racer can be giving advice just the same as the guy with 30 years of experience building engines, working with factory teams, and racing at top levels.

Guess which xxhondaracerxx is. Oh, and ask him the real reason he bashes this pipe whenever he gets a chance.

wppracing
05-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Either the PC or the Rossier would be a good choice in pipes.
True the PC didnt do as good as the sparks on Chads520(NOT a 450) set up.
I have them both and could tell you to flip a coin and go with either.
Gabe,
The vortex is working great.

05-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Folks you need to remember that this is the internet and a 15 year old kid that's a beginning C Class racer can be giving advice just the same as the guy with 30 years of experience building engines, working with factory teams, and racing at top levels.

Guess which xxhondaracerxx is. Oh, and ask him the real reason he bashes this pipe whenever he gets a chance.

im not 15, and im not beginning C class, look at the results, im top 10 almost every race, and my dad has about 40 some years of experiance, so i guess he is better then your 30 years? factory teams, ya right lol

i dont bash it, i inform people of how it performs

ajbryan
05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
I know I have the wrong brand to be posting here but i'm going to anyway. I have an 05 YFZ 450 with a pulse charger. My mechanic used to work for Yamaha R&D and Hot Cams. He suggested the pipe after testing all different combinations for my bike. The pulse charger was good for a little over a 10 horse gain over stock and made the best usable power over the entire power band. I know a lot of you want to look at what pipes make at the peak of the power band. I don't know about everyone else but when i'm riding I am not riding at 10000 rpm's all day long. Sorry for the long post, should have just said I love the PULSE CHARGER and there were some on ebay brand new a couple of weeks ago for $550.

BOONE450R
05-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ajbryan
I have an 05 YFZ 450 with a pulse charger. My mechanic used to work for Yamaha R&D and Hot Cams.

I wonder who that could be??:rolleyes:

05-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ajbryan
I know I have the wrong brand to be posting here but i'm going to anyway. I have an 05 YFZ 450 with a pulse charger. My mechanic used to work for Yamaha R&D and Hot Cams. He suggested the pipe after testing all different combinations for my bike. The pulse charger was good for a little over a 10 horse gain over stock and made the best usable power over the entire power band. I know a lot of you want to look at what pipes make at the peak of the power band. I don't know about everyone else but when i'm riding I am not riding at 10000 rpm's all day long. Sorry for the long post, should have just said I love the PULSE CHARGER and there were some on ebay brand new a couple of weeks ago for $550.

a yfz reacts to the pc a lot different then the 450r, as you can see by the dyno runs chad502ex has done

450ar
05-08-2005, 07:12 PM
XxHonda_RacerxX

You mention chad's dyno run in just about every argument. All i seen was the one with 58 hp. Do you know that his quad is not the typically modded 450r? Its way past 450cc. The sparks works so goood becuase it has such a large core. Which mates well with chads bike. Second thing is that there are not any companys other then n motion that make a pipe for big bore 450r. I bet if he were able to find a pipe like either the rossier or the pc that was made for a big bore. he would past the 60hp mark. However that pipe made for the big bore would not work well on the 450cc 450r. Do you understand this? Or are you too buissy running your mouth to see this. You got the "i just turned 17 so i know every thing" attitude. What is your problem. Did you buy a pc and felt it didnt preform as advertised? Did you have another pipe so you could compare it ?

Chad those are nice numbers good work.

nat3060 Sorry your thread got wrecked.
I like the pc. Like i said before I bought mine for the same price as anybody esle. I had a another top of the line pipe. I liked the pc more.

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
a yfz reacts to the pc a lot different then the 450r, as you can see by the dyno runs chad502ex has done

man i seriously think you dont know a damn thing about what your talken about...you may have looked at a dyno chart that you probably cant read anyways..and looked at the peak hp...and thought that was the best pipe..

have you ridden anything other that the sparks pipe..I myself have had the sparks, rossier, and the pc..and i will tell you there is a difference between them..

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 450ar
XxHonda_RacerxX

You mention chad's dyno run in just about every argument. All i seen was the one with 58 hp. Do you know that his quad is not the typically modded 450r? Its way past 450cc. The sparks works so goood becuase it has such a large core. Which mates well with chads bike. Second thing is that there are not any companys other then n motion that make a pipe for big bore 450r. I bet if he were able to find a pipe like either the rossier or the pc that was made for a big bore. he would past the 60hp mark. However that pipe made for the big bore would not work well on the 450cc 450r. Do you understand this? Or are you too buissy running your mouth to see this. You got the "i just turned 17 so i know every thing" attitude. What is your problem. Did you buy a pc and felt it didnt preform as advertised? Did you have another pipe so you could compare it ?

nat3060 Sorry your thread got wrecked.
I like the pc. Like i said before I bought mine for the same price as anybody esle. I had a another top of the line pipe. I liked the pc more.

i also wanted to add that im pretty sure chad switch over to the rossier...i was reading his web site and he was talking about the crappy sparks pipe..so i dont think he was to happy with it..

chad502ex
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM

Thanks man for your comment!

That 58.5hp was on the 530 with stock carb and sparks 18 discs setup. Since those dynos, I can say that it is true that the sparks inner diameter is larger than RE at the exhaust port flange. However, I've always felt that the Sparks prevented the 530 from making over 60hp because the Sparks is better low end pipe; so, i opted to try another pipe for greater hp (not tq). Then, i dyno tested the RE (and compared consecutive dyno runs to Sparks), but before installing the RE, I looked into the header and noticed that the RE header is of stepper design. Stepper headers perform better, but the RE header inside diameter matches only a stock 450R port. Again, the 530 exhaust port is heavily ported so i was concerned about the obstruction of the smaller inside diameter RE vs. the inside diameter of the Sparks. I dyno tested anyway and the RE still with the smaller obstructed exhaust gas flow spanked the Sparks. I was convinced; so i bought the RE full price as anyone customer would pay. Even after choking down the exhaust flow on the 530 the RE still dominated tq and hp.

The next day i pulled out the die-grinder and removed the RE inner sleeve at the exhaust header flange so the 530 heavily modified exhaust port would match the inner diameter of the modded RE header and the gases could flow without obstruction. Perfect! this pipe easily adapted to the ported 530 by removing one sleeve at the header flange.

As far as the 60 hp, the next dyno test with tapered 43mm FCR and modded RE will push the 60 mark no problem...

hope this helps.

05-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex

That 58.5hp was on the 530 with stock carb and sparks 18 discs setup. Since those dynos, I can say that it is true that the sparks inner diameter is larger than RE at the exhaust port flange. However, I've always felt that the Sparks prevented the 530 from making over 60hp because the Sparks is better low end pipe; so, i opted to try another pipe for greater hp (not tq). Then, i dyno tested the RE (and compared consecutive dyno runs to Sparks), but before installing the RE, I looked into the header and noticed that the RE header is of stepper design. Stepper headers perform better, but the RE header inside diameter matches only a stock 450R port. Again, the 530 exhaust port is heavily ported so i was concerned about the obstruction of the smaller inside diameter RE vs. the inside diameter of the Sparks. I dyno tested anyway and the RE still with the smaller obstructed exhaust gas flow spanked the Sparks. I was convinced; so i bought the RE full price as anyone customer would pay. Even after choking down the exhaust flow on the 530 the RE still dominated tq and hp.

The next day i pulled out the die-grinder and removed the RE inner sleeve at the exhaust header flange so the 530 heavily modified exhaust port would match the inner diameter of the modded RE header and the gases could flow without obstruction. Perfect! this pipe easily adapted to the ported 530 by removing one sleeve at the header flange.

As far as the 60 hp, the next dyno test with tapered 43mm FCR and modded RE will push the 60 mark no problem...

hope this helps.

chad isnt it true that on your dyno the pc performed decently on the stock bike, it was about 7th or 8th place i believe, which isnt very great, then on your 530 it was last, that is true correct? also the reason the sparks underperformed the rossier is that you didnt have the big core, and you had the spark arrestor that is disk style and cuts down a lot

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 08:02 PM

hope this helps.

thats good news chad...the 60 mark seems like the holy grile...I checked out your web site also...its a pretty nice web site...good info there..let me know how your dyno does..

quadjeff
05-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Not to ruin the thread.. Who makes a pipe with good HP but is under a 100 DB. Tickets are $140 bucks here in washington state I am noyt looking for strickly HP but a good all around Quiet Pipe. All the loud pipes are killing our tracks and XC riding areas.. By the way at are great dunes in Oregon the limit is 93 DB... :eek2:

86atc250r
05-08-2005, 10:04 PM
im not 15,

You had a birthday?

and im not beginning C class, look at the results, im top 10 almost every race
Top 10???? Come on now - you and I both know that's not even close to the truth. The closest you've been to the top 10 is when they lapping you :eek:.
I can post your race results if you'd like me to remind you where they stand.

Say what you like, but C class is a beginner class in my book. In my opinion, beginning (or even "C" class) riders should be listening to advice a lot more often than giving it -- but hey, your method seems to be working for you, just look at your last race's results (oh, yeah, bad luck... Wierd how that bad luck seems to follow some folk around, eh?). Maybe some day it will sink in.

and my dad has about 40 some years of experiance, so i guess he is better then your 30 years?
Your Dad's experience doesn't count because he's not the one spouting off on topics he has no experience with.

I've found in life that parent's experience & knowledge often doesn't rub off onto their kids. It's a bigger problem today than ever.

factory teams, ya right lol

I never said I worked with any factory team, nor did I say I had 30 years of experience (although that's close).

I just said that a guy with your experience can have just as loud a voice on the internet as a guy with vastly superior experience (there are guys on this and other messageboards with the kind of experience I mentioned above). People need to remember that when reading threads like this.

i dont bash it, i inform people of how it performs

And you know how it performs ? You don't, you are qouting one test out of context and blowing differences out of proportion because you got in a ridiculous argument with the guy that builds those pipes. Heck, if you are going to use those tests as your "bible" you might want to remember that the Sparks pipe that you are always spouting off about finished those tests in last place.

In my opinion people spend WAY too much time agonizing over which pipe to buy. In the 4 stroke world you aren't going to find much differences in pipes unless you find one that is designed really poorly. This isn't the day of the 2 stroke when a pipe can completely alter the character of the engine, 4 strokes don't respond to pipes in the same way.

[vortex, WPP]

Great Brian, glad it's working well for you. I'm 2nd guessing my decision to go with the CRF setup right now. We'll see how it works soon enough.

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
You had a birthday?

Top 10???? Come on now - you and I both know that's not even close to the truth. The closest you've been to the top 10 is when they lapping you :eek:.

Say what you like, but C class is a beginner class in my book. In my opinion, beginning (or even "C" class) riders should be listening to advice a lot more often than giving it -- but hey, your method seems to be working for you, just look at your last race's results (oh, yeah, bad luck... Wierd how that bad luck seems to follow some folk around, eh?). Maybe some day it will sink in.

Your Dad's experience doesn't count because he's not the one spouting off on topics he has no experience with.

I've found in life that parent's experience & knowledge often doesn't rub off onto their kids. It's a bigger problem today than ever.

I never said I worked with any factory team, nor did I say I had 30 years of experience (although that's close).

I just said that a guy with your experience can have just as loud a voice on the internet as a guy with vastly superior experience (there are guys on this and other messageboards with the kind of experience I mentioned above). People need to remember that when reading threads like this.

And you know how it performs ? You don't, you are qouting one test out of context and blowing differences out of proportion because you got in a ridiculous argument with the guy that builds those pipes. Heck, if you are going to use those tests as your "bible" you might want to remember that the Sparks pipe that you are always spouting off about finished those tests in last place.

In my opinion people spend WAY too much time agonizing over which pipe to buy. In the 4 stroke world you aren't going to find much differences in pipes unless you find one that is designed really poorly. This isn't the day of the 2 stroke when a pipe can completely alter the character of the engine, 4 strokes don't respond to pipes in the same way.

[vortex, WPP]

Great Brian, glad it's working well for you. I'm 2nd guessing my decision to go with the CRF setup right now. We'll see how it works soon enough.

wow 86 im surprised to see you second guessing the crf setup..whats the deal with it..im asking cause im about to get the crf tt conversion..let me know whats up..maybe i will wait for the dyna..

thanks mike

86atc250r
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Only reason is potential stalling - rode TT last night on a borrowed YFZ and stalled it a couple times in the corners.

For general playriding or duning probably wouldn't be an issue - but the TT course I'll be spending a lot of time on this summer has some nasty corners that require heavy breaking & can't afford to be stalling the quad very often. We'll just have to see how it goes -the setup isn't installed yet.

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Only reason is potential stalling - rode TT last night on a borrowed YFZ and stalled it a couple times in the corners.

For general playriding or duning probably wouldn't be an issue - but the TT course I'll be spending a lot of time on this summer has some nasty corners that require heavy breaking & can't afford to be stalling the quad very often. We'll just have to see how it goes -the setup isn't installed yet.

ya that makes since..im still debating on the trail tech or the dyna if it ever comes out..lol

mike

chad502ex
05-09-2005, 06:26 AM
thats good news chad...the 60 mark seems like the holy grile...I checked out your web site also...its a pretty nice web site...good info there..let me know how your dyno does..

thanks mike for your input. maybe one day i'll get the chance after helping harlen's website (you'll see ;)) to update mine for others to enjoy.

chad502ex
05-09-2005, 07:20 AM
chad isnt it true that on your dyno the pc performed decently on the stock bike, it was about 7th or 8th place i believe, which isnt very great, then on your 530 it was last, that is true correct? yes true. on the stock 450r it placed mid pack. on the 530 it placed third out of 3.

also the reason the sparks underperformed the rossier is that you didnt have the big core, and you had the spark arrestor that is disk style and cuts down a lot hypathetical- no data to reply.

nat3060
05-09-2005, 03:41 PM
well my PC came in today

i just finished riding

all i have to say is it was worth EVERY penny

05-09-2005, 08:13 PM
You had a birthday?

i meant top 10 in C class, and how is bad luck following me, i got a trophy last race :confused: , also what does my race level have to do with experiance, and also, my dad has done a lot of research about that design of pipe, and it really doesnt work, nor will the pc compaired to other pipes, and chad it didnt place 3rd, it placed second, it was rossier, sparks, pc, im looking at the dyno right now, and the sparks doesnt finish last, and my dad has taught me a whole lot, wether you like it or not, also i bet you wish u could have been as fast as me at my age, already in the top 10 of the C class and i just turned 16, ida liked to see you do that, im going to B next year most likely, so i guess u cant call me a "beginner", im so sick of you posting in every thread i do, and trying to pm me just so you can talk more ****, your pushing the line, and your pretty immature for your age :huh

Pappy
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
ok people, take 10 steps back with favorite pipe in hand. when the bell rings, come out swingin':eek:

im glad im staying stock for awhile....all this noise is giving me a headache:scary:

WhiteZee
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
LMAO, i am speechless. WTF are you thinking.

chad502ex
05-09-2005, 08:56 PM
and chad it didnt place 3rd, it placed second, it was rossier, sparks, pc, im looking at the dyno right now,

yes Xx, i was referring to the pc finishing last on the 530cc test runs- not the sparks. The sparks finished last on the 450cc setup

Xx just relax a bit on this thread,... ok? It's great that your so passionate about the racing and products you choose. Sponcers are always looking for that type of passion in racers, but on the race track and not in public forums. If i were interested in racing as you are, and I was looking for big sponcers, i'd also consider my public image too. Sponcers are not only interested in ability but also image. Just my big brother approach to talk your "red face" :mad: down a little. One thing is for sure, I think the question on whether nat3060 is to get the pc has been answered.

Xx, stay :cool:

nat3060
05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
today i met up with this guy that lives down the road from me, he also had a 450r but hes running the sparks.

he just purchased the sparks but he was thinking about getting the pc before..

today i told him to go see how the pc feels

when he got back from riding he looked at his pipe and just shook his head with a disappointed look

05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
yes Xx, i was referring to the pc finishing last on the 530cc test runs- not the sparks. The sparks finished last on the 450cc setup

Xx just relax a bit on this thread,... ok? It's great that your so passionate about the racing and products you choose. Sponcers are always looking for that type of passion in racers, but on the race track and not in public forums. If i were interested in racing as you are, and I was looking for big sponcers, i'd also consider my public image too. Sponcers are not only interested in ability but also image. Just my big brother approach to talk your "red face" :mad: down a little. One thing is for sure, I think the question on whether nat3060 is to get the pc has been answered.

Xx, stay :cool:

sparks wasnt last on the 450cc setup either

all i can say is, y would i support a product that the owner and creator of that product, has publically talked **** on me in forums, and called me an idiot and stuff, and that was before i even said 2 words about his product

i represent all my sponsors very well, especially on the track, i promote all of their items, and have actually made a lot of sales for them, along with showing great sportsmanship

it jus makes me so mad that people would support a product that really isnt great, pay a lot more for it, then have that same guy say things about other people in forums, saying they are idiots, or dont know nething etc, he has even done this to people who BOUGHT HIS PRODUCT!!! they said they didnt like it etc, he flames them then people hop the ban wagon, just like 86atc250r, i mean grow up man, its my opinion vs yours, there was no problem until you started one, you continue to mention my age, my class, etc...what does that have to do with knowledge? im a lot smarter then you would think, wether you would like to agree or not that is your decision, but hey, you need to grow up if all you want to do is sit here and talk smack on a 16 year old :huh

05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
today i met up with this guy that lives down the road from me, he also had a 450r but hes running the sparks.

when he got back from riding he looked at his pipe and just shook his head with a disappointed look

as chad said, the sparks isnt that great on a stock bike, its more for a modded bike

mikes450r
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
as chad said, the sparks isnt that great on a stock bike, its more for a modded bike

dude you keep saying the sparks is good on chads modded 530..you say modded like hes got a little bit of money in it..i would say my quad is modded..piston,cam,port work...stuff like that...chads motor is full on built..he has plenty of money in that motor..

05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
dude you keep saying the sparks is good on chads modded 530..you say modded like hes got a little bit of money in it..i would say my quad is modded..piston,cam,port work...stuff like that...chads motor is full on built..he has plenty of money in that motor..

yes i kno, but i dont exactly plan on having a stock bike either, it really all depends on the application on what pipe is best, like i said before, if you build a sparks bike, get a sparks pipe, cuz it will work best, as goes with pc

mikes450r
05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
yes i kno, but i dont exactly plan on having a stock bike either, it really all depends on the application on what pipe is best, like i said before, if you build a sparks bike, get a sparks pipe, cuz it will work best, as goes with pc

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/russian_roulette.gif

450ar
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM

He aslo said for you to shut the **Ck up.

Sorry nat3060 for this knob, he just cant get the idea that his arguing is very innoying.

I am glad you like the pipe. Maby you would like to coment on the customer service you recieved.

05-09-2005, 09:44 PM
He aslo said for you to shut the **Ck up.

Sorry nat3060 for this knob, he just cant get the idea that his arguing is very innoying.

I am glad you like the pipe. Maby you would like to coment on the customer service you recieved.

right....:confused:

chris450R
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM

hey natalie! whats up! so does the guy you let ride yours have the HRC cam also? because that would make a big difference on how the power feels. shoot ,you know your 450 can't touch mine, right?:D

chris

shamisc
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
My Dr. D kicks arse!:devil:

BOONE450R
05-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by chris450R
hey natalie! whats up! so does the guy you let ride yours have the HRC cam also? because that would make a big difference on how the power feels. shoot ,you know your 450 can't touch mine, right?:D

chris

I bet mine can :p

370kingR
05-10-2005, 04:47 AM
God XxHonda_RacerxX, your like a tooth ache that just wont go away...lol

Boy that 86ATC250r sure does have good logic doesnt he...

Good luck with your new pipe Nat, i think you chose well :)

devil6
05-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Mikes 450r, I love that smily! LOL, As for Xx racer, this is the third thread i have read today, and he's in all of em arguing with people about pipes. I don't get it. If the PC is a waste, show us proof. Have you ever ridden a PC equipped bike? And as far as experience and you having it. Well, i think some of the guys here got you beat, and your dad too. I look at it this way, if i currently raced, and i was looking for advice, would i take it from the slow guy? Um.....no. I'd hit the faster guys up and listen, not speak. If i took advice from the slow guy, i'd probably end up slow. C class is a beginner class, and yes, compared to the other classes, they are slow. They are beginners is why. I would listen to someone in a class above me. So, where's the proof about the pc being a waste? Bring it! I have said it before and i'll say it again, you hate pulsechargers cause mixxer didnt approve of your taste in airfilters, and when he said something to you about it, you blew up and said you were basically a air filter expert and mixx's air filter sucked. End of story, quit bashing what you don't know.

:devil:

wppracing
05-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Lets go to the source...... I DID the pipe test on my 450R. The mods are listed in my signature and on my website www.wppracing.com along with the pipe test results. It was NOT done on a stock 450R.
I have had the "Sparks", "LRD", "Rossier ", and the Pulse Charger.
The dyno showed the Rossier to have a higher output than the PC. I then did a a/f test between the RE and PC and jetted to the max power for each.
I now have done a ride test (seat of the pants) between the RE and PC. On the track I ride at the PC out performed the RE very slightly. The PC had more HP and Torque between 22-30 mph and you could feel that on the track. I changed the graph to MPH and came up with that info.
This is a dead subject and we all will have our opinions. If you have any questions about the test send me an email at watercraft193pro@aol.com or call me at 301-788-3343.

Since the test, I have ported the head and installed the Vortex Ignition.

I also did an air filter test. The K&N had the highest HP, The UNI Filter made 1.4hp less but 1.2tq more. The Pro Design made 1.65hp less and .06tq more.

05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
racing has nothing to do with how your bike performs except for like 10%, the other 90% is rider, i jus got involved in racing, and i am new, there are classes slower then C so i dont see y u call them beginners, but newayz, just because someone runs a pipe, say Chris Borich ran a Rossier, that doesnt mean its the best pipe ever, see what im sayin?

mikes450r
05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
10% bike----:confused: ...here you go again...you have got to be joking or somthing...if its 90% rider then why is everyone getting the 450's and not riding the 400 anymore..

i do have to admit i like reading you post's..it seems like you come up with more and more BS everytime you post:eek:

WhiteZee
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
i do have to admit i like reading you post's
im pretty sick of them.....

05-11-2005, 06:02 PM
10% bike----:confused: ...here you go again...you have got to be joking or somthing...if its 90% rider then why is everyone getting the 450's and not riding the 400 anymore..

i do have to admit i like reading you post's..it seems like you come up with more and more BS everytime you post:eek:

lighter and faster, the 10% as i said, you can ask any racer, its 90% rider

chad502ex
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
say Chris Borich ran a Rossier, that doesnt mean its the best pipe ever, see what im sayin?

hey now! the RE is the best pipe ever!

:D :macho

mikes450r
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
lighter and faster, the 10% as i said, you can ask any racer, its 90% rider

of course every rider will tell you that...it makes them feel better..if its 10% bike then why is everyone riding 450's??

05-11-2005, 06:35 PM
of course every rider will tell you that...it makes them feel better..if its 10% bike then why is everyone riding 450's??

i just told you y, also all the pros are sponsored by honda yamaha etc, they want them on their best bike, plus if you can have a 50 pound lighter and faster bike...wouldnt u wanna ride it 2? its all rider man, i can tell you have never raced or you would have known this, thats y some people on 400ex's can beat people on 450Rs or YFZ450s

nat3060
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
why did i even start this thread

05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
hey now! the RE is the best pipe ever!

:D :macho

lol :blah:

devil6
05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
waste, go with a sparks big core or a rossier engineering :macho
Why are you even in this thread? You don't have a PC nor have you ever rode a pc equipped bike to form an opinion. Please quit clouding peoples minds with your factless opinions. There are people out there who think your overly loud, non spark arrested big core is a waste.

nat3060
05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
All i have to say is i got the pulse charger and i freaking love it.

devil6
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
All i have to say is i got the pulse charger and i freaking love it. Glad to hear it! Sorry about the thread.:(