PDA

View Full Version : 400EX relieability

Hyperwarrior22
05-07-2005, 07:27 AM
in what years were the 400EX were really relieable and what years were they not?

Pappy
05-07-2005, 07:28 AM
any year 400ex could be considered damn near bulletproof.

even the 05 with reverse has been pretty solid so far!

sam the brave
05-07-2005, 08:25 AM
its not realy the bike thats reliable it the ridier
but some atvs with withstand more than others
the 400ex with take alot of punishment before dieing

05-07-2005, 09:05 AM
heres the deal.. sorta what ^^^ said.. but.. heres the lowdown on anything you buy with a motor.. hear what im saying and live by this..

ANY VEHICLE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE LAST PERSON THAT OWNED IT!

Now if you cant figure out what that means, lemmie break it down..

BREAK IT DOWN!

ok.. any vehicle will run forever, IF proper steps are taken to MAINTAIN said vehicles.. If you run somthing and never change the oil, never keep the filters clean, never inspect and grease pivot points and bearings.. GUESS WHAT HOME SKILLET! ITS GOING TO BREAK! Now if you keep things nice, keep things greased and oiled, and keep the oil changed and do everything regularly to maintain it.. then the likelyhood of it breaking is slim to none.. not saying it will not break if you do these things, because it can.. but the LIKELYHOOD of it falling apart is alot less from a properly maintained bike than from one that is rode hard and put away wet..

Now say "thank you sir."

Jesse

bonified5
05-07-2005, 09:30 AM
what should i be doin normally to keep my ex in good shape besides change the oil. How do i oil all the pivots and what not?

enduro400rider
05-07-2005, 12:43 PM
just keep the oil level up, change it every so many hours i do mine about every 5 or 6 hrs. change the oil filter every time you change the oil. keep your air filter clean. and keep the bike clean and it should last a very long time as long as you dont abuse it too much

prepracing
05-08-2005, 08:23 PM
100% agree with Dirt Merchant

JDiablo
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
i change my oil after every two rides or one really hard day of riding,clean the filter,and clean the whole quad damn near new:devil: