PDA

View Full Version : the USPS strikes again - funny shipping story kinda

brandonpeake
05-06-2005, 09:09 PM
well about 10 months ago me and pappy was trading some 450r parts he had some elkas front shocks and i was trading a WER and some flexx bars both new, so i sent them on the same day and he got the WER but no flexx bars so anyway we worked it out and nonetheless i was a little pissed at the USPS, b/c its 30 days before its lost even though i sent it 3 day priority something dont add it up there but anyway, my dad comes up to my house yesterday with a box and it said the reciepent denied it which isnt true and they had been trying to get ahold of me, never sent something in the mail or called or anything so it takes 10 months to send something from alabama to west va and back, u could almost walk it there in 10 months
just thought someone else might enjoy this
brandon

brandonpeake
05-07-2005, 04:15 AM
bmp

TGW_400ex
05-07-2005, 05:06 AM
UPS?:huh

Pappy
05-07-2005, 06:55 AM
lol.. yeah UsPS has to actually deliver something before it can be refused..lmao

brandonpeake
05-07-2005, 07:07 AM
no it was usps, united states post office,

400exrules
05-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
no it was usps, united states post office,

try again, united states postal service

TheFontMaster
05-07-2005, 01:04 PM
WOW 10 months thats crazy, I hope it dont take that long for me to get my springs back, Pappy how they commin? You shoulda gotten them monday.

Pappy
05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
your springs should be back mid week. i was waiting for your color to arrive.

ive only had a few items disappear once it was shipped. 2 were usps, 1 was UPS and even with atracking # it was gone. the package arrived in a PA terminal never to be seen again. the company replaced the item so all i lost was some time waiting for the part.

even when shipping USPS, its good to have it tracked. only a few pennies for piece of mind.

TheFontMaster
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks Ken:D

Woodsrider
05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
....... so it takes 10 months to send something from alabama to west va and back, ........

You should have given it to a shine runner, would have been there the next day:macho
I dont trust the USPS for anything bigger than a business envelope.
I have caught our mail carrier in a lie before, saying I refused shipment on a certified letter from a law firm. She was just too lazy to get her fat *** out of her jeep and walk up the side walk. I was home the whole week waiting for the letter. I complained to the local postmaster, and we got a new carrier. Turns out I wasnt the only one complaining about the service.:eek:

bansheeguy77
05-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider

I dont trust the USPS for anything bigger than a business envelope.

i wouldnt trust them with that. in my office we get around 200-500 pieces of mail a day. you would not believe how many of them are torn, torn in half, opened or just dont show. these are important documents coming and the people get pissed at me because their stuff didnt come. if you have something important to ship definately spend the extra 3 dollars and certify it. they typically dont lose them.

250R-Dee
05-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Now add the military factor to your shipping woes and you guys will get to feel my pains. Parcel post on big packages normally takes 12 to too many damn weeks to get to me and the cost of Fedex/DHL/USPS international to my physical address makes me want to go postal and hurt somebody. :mad: