PDA

View Full Version : Please explain the process of.....

Pappy
05-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Ok folks, i need help here. My brother has a digital camcorder and i would like to get some video clips posted so everone can see them.

How in the world do I manage to get this done

:p

JLanphear
05-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Most digital camcorders come with a USB cable standard.....but, frankly, it sucks.

The best way is Firewire (aka IEEE1394). It requires the computer to have the correct firewire ports in it to work of course. A lot of the new computers come with them...if it's a year or two old though, or a basic model, it probably doesn't. They look like a USB port, only a little larger, and one of the sides is rounded. You would obviously need the proper cable as well.

If you don't have either, they (the cable, and a firewire card) could both be purchased at most stores that sell computers and crap. If you have more patience, you can get them online, on like ebay or amazon for a lot cheaper than you'd see them in the stores.

Once you have that setup it's pretty simple....you just hook the cam to the computer and turn it on. More than likely either the camera or card would come with some sort of editing software, or Windows also has "Movie Maker", which can be used for capturing the video too. As far as instructions for that go, it depends on what program you choose to use. Best bet is to read any documentation on it that you can, and go from there. It will seem foreign at first, but you'll get it in no time.

-Josh

brandonpeake
05-07-2005, 04:15 AM
pappy u got a pm i can explain it to u ill give u my phone number if needed