PDA

View Full Version : knives

Scott-300ex
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
ok, i got quite a few knives and just got almost $80 so im ganna buy another one

i want an assisted spring assist (a spring that helps it open fast) and a 3 inch blade at least, im ganna get a serrated one this time too

im lookin at kershaw a lot

i have looked at the ken onion and the blackout

any good kershaw spring assist's that you guys think are better, the one knife shop in my town is closed the last couple days because of a "Family emergency" so i hope they open tomorrow

also, would you choose the ken onion or the blackout?

thanks, and here's a pic on 1 of mine just for the heck of it

blaster_rider68
05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
i think butter-fly knives are the funnest things to play around with:D

05-06-2005, 04:23 PM
boker makes a real nice knife, but my all time favorate is a microtech.. a buddy of mine got one (he collects knives) and i had to get one.. a bit on the pricy side.. but man, they rock.. never dull, serreted blade, fully auto knife..and the "coolness" factor is up there with the mtech's also

Jesse

Quiksilver01
05-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
i think butter-fly knives are the funnest things to play around with:D butter flys are awesome but they break to easy

mudcovered
05-06-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm on my second Ken Onion Kershaw, and I'd have to say they are really good knives. Not over priced....good quality. The spring assist is nice too.

bulkdriverlp
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM
gerber is pretty good. if you want the best better go with DEMASCUS (sp) anything longer that 3" around here is considered a weapon and you cant conceal it.

p@iNn3ck
05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Check out a Benchmade... maybe the 670. They are some of the best made knives.

Or a SOG, they have their own assist style (SAT). Also some great knives.

thrasher_ex
05-06-2005, 08:03 PM
http://www.kershawknives.com/small.htm

my dad has the one thats doing the opening and closing motion, but his looks exactally like gasoline on water, it is badass.

WKY400EX
05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I've got a Kershaw Blackout tactical knife. It's got a partially serated 3.25" coated stainless steel blade. I really like the spring-assist. It's a good knife, and it's not too expensive. http://www.kershawknives.com/knivesTools/images/blackoutRO.jpg

Big400EX
05-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Check out www.pvknife.com : they have the best knive manufactureres around. They got some gangsta shi* on their too, lmao.

Scott-300ex
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
wow, im inpressed on all the posts.

anybody know a good, like real good knife sharpener too?

my friend has one, it gets it perfect and sharper than you can even think

kershaw knives you don't have to sharpen them though, and if you do you can send them back to kershaw and they will sharpen it for free

lol
05-07-2005, 09:07 AM
i like the baby boa i think thats gonna be my next knife!

Derag2
05-07-2005, 07:39 PM
i vote kershaw, i'm going on my 3rd, ( i lost my first 2) so i gotta go buy another one, there about the best knife i've owned. I had a buck folding knife and wasn't too great.

Woodsrider
05-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Ive got a few knifes, The one I carry a lot is a Timberline spring assit. Ive also got a Buck three blade pocket knife that ive had since I was a cub scout, its whittled is share of twigs. LOL But my favorite is my Buck hunting knife. Here are two of my favorites

Scott-300ex
05-08-2005, 10:08 AM
well i got one!!!!!!

its friggin awsome

a kershaw avalanche, spring assist

a $90 knife but me and the guy got along real good and he got me a deal on it and let me have it for $75

he was awsome

then i was lookin at a knife magazine and hes like, you can go ahead and take that home with you, im like, dang, awsome

then i found somethin for my mom for mothers day and it was $10 and he let me have it for like $7.50

im ganna see if i could get a job there cuz that place is awsome and fits me good

and my knife is soooooooooooooo sharp, it cuts skin like nothin don't even put pressure on it and it will take layers off

heres a picture of it

Scott-300ex
05-08-2005, 10:12 AM
heres what my pocket looks like now

lol

stever25
05-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I am a big knife collector.
Very good choice with the Kershaw!!!! Should last you a long time. There are a lot of high end knife makers as listed above.
I have Microtech, Dalton, Benchmade, Valloton, and some customs in my collection. I just got a Benchmade model 630 skirmish, and it is big and bad!!!Not an automatic, But sooo nice.
Good luck with your Kershaw!!!!

Scott-300ex
05-08-2005, 09:07 PM
ok, i got a question

my knife is spring assist, if i open it the way i always open it it opens all the way, if i open it a little different it will only open 3/4 of the way so im ganna go back to the shop and tell them to order another one so i can compare

so are they all supposed to open fully or is this normal, cuz my cousin has one and it flings out easy all the way, but that made it seem cheaper, hard to explain, it was a cheaper model too

so what do you think, i might just switch them

Scott-300ex
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
also, do the springs wear out or flip out easier over time?

Scott-300ex
05-09-2005, 04:42 PM
ok, i just loosened the one allen head bolt and now the spring is perfect, just so you know if you ever have this problem, just mess with that bolt

and dang, is this knife sharp!:eek:

oldsandman
05-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
wow, im inpressed on all the posts.

anybody know a good, like real good knife sharpener too?...

EdgePro makes probably the most versitile and best sharpener if you're serious but the are pricey. The Gatco sharpeners are good for the price.

z400roosteR
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Forget the spring assisted get a full on auto!!!:D i bought a piranha for $155.00 life time warranty on the blade spring casing etc. even under self damage they claim, 7.5 in. opened like a 3 1/4 in. blade. bought it 3 years ago now they run for $99.00 never have had a problem with it great tool.

Scott-300ex
05-11-2005, 10:06 PM
ok, i got a question

every 4 years our high school band has a band trip, so everyone in band can go threw the years. so we are going to florida this year and ganna play in the walt disney parade, now do they let you have knives clipped onto your pocket if you are going into the walt disney world park?

and any other place down there, cuz, i mean, they're legal, but im sure you have to walk threw a metal detector.

wilkin250r
05-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Why do you need to take a knife into Disney World?

Quiksilver01
05-16-2005, 04:54 PM
to assasinate mickey

bansheeguy77
05-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Why do you need to take a knife into Disney World?

i was wondering the same thing. and the answer is no you dont go through a metal detector. atleast i havent had to when i was there. so i dont think you will have too much of a problem. i kno a few years back they wouldnt let ya in the whitehouse with a blade longer than 3 inches....im sure that has all changed now.

Scott-300ex
05-16-2005, 07:22 PM
i don't need to take it but its always on me

and we get to get in the back way cuz we're playing in the parade so they proly won't even check, i just thought of that

i'd be surprised if they let you carry a paperclip into the white house now

last night i went to a mudvayne concert and you had to take everything out of your pockets in your hands, let them see it then they would feel your pants and stuff, and that was just for a concert, of course their was like 50,000 people there at least

Mxjunkie
05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I have a buck knife just like this, its pretty big my dad gave it to me when I was 12. Its to big to use at work though haha :blah:

http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/allthumbnails/_buck-knife.jpg

brian-250
05-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I have a buck knife just like this, its pretty big my dad gave it to me when I was 12. Its to big to use at work though haha :blah:

http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/allthumbnails/_buck-knife.jpg

mines bigger, 12IN when you open it up.:D

im a big knife collector to, im not into the spring loaded and whatnots but i do have a switchblade;) im into caseXX's and so fourth good knives.