PDA

View Full Version : Question on getting new handlebars

ATVGurl
05-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I am getting a set of fasst bars for my 2005 400EX and I was wondering what you do with the reverse and neutral lights, as well as the ignition key when you put aftermarkets on and the plastic piece doesn't fit (I broke that anyway). I have heard/seen people use zip ties for the key, but I didn't know about the lights. Is there anything better than zip tying? I'd still like it to be in a dash-type setting, but I don't know how.

Thanks!

journeyman
05-06-2005, 03:51 PM
you could drill holes in your fenders wherever u like and install them there

400Rider022
05-06-2005, 04:31 PM
make a bracket for them... my buddy made me a trick diamond plate one ill post pics if i find my camera:D

ryann mx68
05-06-2005, 06:43 PM
get rid of the rev and neutr lights, you dont need them, drill a hole above front fender [lft or rt side] move key. the plastic is a little thicker than the dash panel, so just back-cut inside of plastic fender with a razor knife.

prepracing
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
there are bar clamps available that have holes for these lights and your key

lil_billy_300ex
05-08-2005, 09:20 PM
do that or Tag metals are selling T2 handlebars w/ clamp kits that relocate the indicator lights and key.

Christoph
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
why do u have to relocate any of these things, when i got new handlebars, i took my bent stock ones off, put the new ones in place, had to play around a little with gas lever, brake lever to get it where i wanted, but i never had to touch my key or lights or anything like that, but maybe its just the handlebars?, the bars i got were almost like my stock, they were stronger bar, and had the cross bar, but other than that same design

400exrider707
05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Last I knew the companies that sold these bar kits, didn't make one for that allowed a 400ex to move the lights up to the holder. I took both of my lights off and then stuck my ignition under the front plastic and zip tied it to the tube that runs between the front shock mounts.