PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy Yoshi Slip-On?

NVR2L8
05-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Looks like I'm in the market for a new slip-on silencer...

I was in the garage yesterday removing the stock oil tank so I could install a new Pingry tank, and found I needed to remove the headpipe in order to get the Pingry between the pipes and frame. No problem, since I have to remove the headpipes anyway when my new Powerbomb comes back from the ceramic coater later this week. Anyhow, when I tried to remove the silencer I found it appears that the inlet tube of my FMF Power Core IV Q is literally welded/rusted to the end of the stock headpipe. No amount of twisting, bending, tapping, heating, etc has yet to convince the junction to break loose. Arrrgh!!!!! Looks like I'll have to cut the end of the headpipe off to separate the two...

Anyway, depending on what FMF will do for me concerning this problem...the "Q" silencer is only a year old and I'm wondering if they'll give me a discount on their new 17" Titanium 4...it looks like I'll probably buy a Yoshi stainless competition slip-on silencer to go with my Powerbomb. So who sells Yoshi systems for the the best price?

chad400ex
05-19-2002, 03:41 PM
email lewis@atvaddiction.com

I bought mine from him and it cost me $270. Not too bad, considering they were out of the stainless model. I've been a repeat customer for a little while, so they gave me the titanium slip-on for the price of the stainless pipe. Anyway...they will give you a good price, and you might call and check Denton Racing too. I bought my T.E.C. endcaps from them for $40.