PDA

View Full Version : play in rear hubs?

Woodsrider
05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Im still running the stock rear hubs and axle. I'm finding play in the hubs, not back and forth like the splines are wearing, but up and down/side to side play. More like the end of the hub is getting wollered out buy the axle. I can retorque the nuts and rekey them, but after about twelve hours riding, they are loose again.

So my question is, do I just buy new hubs? Or do I buy aftermarket hubs and an axle? Im married with children, so there is a budget I have to work within lol;)

JOEX
05-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Are you cleaning and and regreasing the splines when you retorque them? I'm sure you are ;)

One of mine would keep coming loose after a few rides until I found out there should be grease in there:p

Maybe you could sell a kid:confused: J/K If not I have a slightly bent stock axle you can have:D

Woodsrider
05-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Whats weird, is when I took it apart last time, to PC the hubs black, I couldnt find any signs of wear. So I greased and reassembled them torqued the nuts and pinned them.
Maybe its just that I need to grease and retorque them more often:ermm:

eganracing
05-07-2005, 11:10 PM
go with the pin drive durablue axle. J/K Maybe the hubs got messed up from the powder coat. You might want to buy new hubs and try those if the axle splines aernt worn down.

Woodsrider
05-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Im sure it has nothing to do with the powdercoat. I think they are just worn out.

REF426
05-09-2005, 10:58 PM
woodsrider, I kept having the same problem, rear hubs getting loose. Hubs and axle splines both worn. Replaced with ones bought off ebay. Less than $110 for both. You can always weld the hubs to the axle :D . Good luck

400exrider707
05-10-2005, 09:46 AM
I used to have the same problem as well. I finally just took an impact wrench to the castle nuts, then ended up tapping the pins in with a "small" hammer:devil: , and neither hub has come loose in since december!