PDA

View Full Version : Crazy auctions....

tyracing#55
05-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I am an eBay enthusiast, I think it is a terrific place. I love to buy and sell there. Sometimes you see the craziest auctions, you know like that Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich, or the permanent ad tatoo on the forehead. So, I got to thinking, why not? You never know what might happen!

So...check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5578965024&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

This should be fun!
Adrienne

Ralph
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
you might get yourself into trouble with that, if someone buys that its a binding contract, i doubt its too serious but you should have put more thought into it.

if i bought that you owe me ad space on your trailer for life, aswell as on your quads, you never said i had to pay for the stickers etc. so you have to.

what happens when he stops racing?

TheFontMaster
05-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I think thats an awsome idea:macho

f1502nv
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
good luck.....see what happens

wilkin250r
05-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm with Ralph. A lifetime sponsership might be a little much. Perhaps it should have been a 1 year sponsership...

Ralph
05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
i think your better off to just selling your leftovers or the sock thats partner went missing in the dryer

tyracing#55
05-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
you might get yourself into trouble with that, if someone buys that its a binding contract, i doubt its too serious but you should have put more thought into it.

if i bought that you owe me ad space on your trailer for life, aswell as on your quads, you never said i had to pay for the stickers etc. so you have to.

what happens when he stops racing?

Those are valid points, but I did actually think of the sticker thing. I have a vinyl cutter, so I can make the stickers for the trailer and the quad, actually, I would prefer to do so.

And I assure you, this boy is not going to stop racing for years to come, but I will say that I should have (and will go back to the auction to do so, the reserve isn't met yet, so noone is in a binding contract to buy) clarified that the sponsorship is for the lifetime of his racing career. I still like the lifetime sponsorship.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up those points.
Adrienne

05-06-2005, 08:54 AM
hrmm.. lifetime sponsership for 20 bux lol.. so if the auction ended right now, you would have to spend 60 dollars in vinyl to make all the stickers lol.. and whatever else that entails..

Also, the "goldenpalace.com this is right up your alley" deal will keep you from getting bids... Basically what i saw when i first read through the auction is this..

"I AM BROKE, SEND ME MONEY, HERES MY SOB STORY"

It wouldnt matter if the money went to racing or not, thats just what it sounds like..

Just looks like your out for money rather than the big picture that you are trying to get across..

Jesse

derekhonda
05-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I think its a good idea if the auction approaches 400 bucks +

If not, you probably are going to end up losing in the longrun.

tyracing#55
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
hrmm.. lifetime sponsership for 20 bux lol.. so if the auction ended right now, you would have to spend 60 dollars in vinyl to make all the stickers lol.. and whatever else that entails..

Also, the "goldenpalace.com this is right up your alley" deal will keep you from getting bids... Basically what i saw when i first read through the auction is this..

"I AM BROKE, SEND ME MONEY, HERES MY SOB STORY"

It wouldnt matter if the money went to racing or not, thats just what it sounds like..

Just looks like your out for money rather than the big picture that you are trying to get across..

Jesse

Wow, did you see anything at all positive about the auction? It's interesting to me that you see it that way. First of all, if the auction ended right now, it would not be a binding contract because the reserve has not been met. And second, I'm not sure where you saw the "I am broke, send me money, here is my sob story". I never said we were broke, we will race whether this auction reaches the reserve or not. I never asked anyone to send money for nothing, it is a service that I am selling. And nowhere in there is there a sob story, nothing about someone dying of a horrible disease, losing their job, etc. And duh? of course I'm out for money, last time I checked, that was the entire purpose of holding an auction. But what we've also received was getting his name out there, we've had numerous hits to our website, as well as the auction. And in the future, if you hear Tracy's name, you'll probably remember it.

But thanks for your observations.

Adrienne

05-06-2005, 12:15 PM
nonono, i think you got me all wrong, and if you come at me again like that, im going to stick a soldering iron in your eye... err.. sorry, stupid movie quotes

anywho.. i didnt mean it like that at all.. if i was well off, im sure id put a bid in.. i just ment, thats how some may view it.. thats all.. hell i hope you guys get a ton of cash to fund the race seasons, as i know how much racing can cost..

I wish you the best of luck with the auction, and again i dont mean any negativity about the whole thing, just pointing out how some may see it.. i accually thought the golden palace deal was quite funny..

Good luck with it!

Jesse

tyracing#55
05-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I think it's "if you talk to my friend like that again, I'm going to stick a hot soldering iron in your eye." :D

Anyway, no harm no foul. I honestly do appreciate your pointing those things out. And I didn't mean to come across as a %itch.

Adrienne

TheFontMaster
05-06-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought it was "no no your talking to my friend the wrong way thats the wrong tone, and if you do it again I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron"

Sorry to get off topic, good luck with your auction.

05-07-2005, 02:10 PM
that is one nice *** blaster
i thaught it was a 450r for a second

honda350r
05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Looks like your family has plenty of cash to keep you racing!!

Good luck !