PDA

View Full Version : Sand Mountain anyone?

shellz4sand
05-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone going to Sand Mountain Memorial Day? I have talk to a few of you guys that are going & it would be fun to ride with all if you.I am taking my Banshee,Blaster,LT250,400ex,300ex,& 2 KX65's.My friend is taking her Raptor & her daughters 50cc quad.So if anyone is up to hanging out with 2 girls let us know:cool: We both have kids, so kids are good.Mechanic's are even better.Any bright idea's on how to stack all of this on my 18 foot trailer?
Shelley: :blah:

Vixen
05-09-2005, 11:31 AM
yeah we(boyfriend and kids) are going. looking forward to seeing everyone.

wilkin250r
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm going to try to make it, but I'm pretty doutful. My motor died this last weekend, and I'm moving at the end of this month, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of free cash OR free time to get it fixed. And I'm certainly not going on my 250X, that thing is useless in the sand. I doubt it will even make it to the top.

shellz4sand
05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm going to try to make it, but I'm pretty doutful. My motor died this last weekend, and I'm moving at the end of this month, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of free cash OR free time to get it fixed. And I'm certainly not going on my 250X, that thing is useless in the sand. I doubt it will even make it to the top.

That sucks! Well if you want to come out for the day we have plenty to ride & one of my other friends are bringing out there 2 450's & LTZ250.Hope to see ya!

400exrules
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Im takin my 400 to the local quad drags in MS. Their shuttin down all the dragstrips around here and havin a huge race.....its gonna be pimp. Ive never drag raced tho so im gonna try to hook up with my friend that has a drag shee down their this weekend and get some practice before the 28th.

Anyone else from around here goin?

wilkin250r
05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by shellz4sand
That sucks! Well if you want to come out for the day we have plenty to ride & one of my other friends are bringing out there 2 450's & LTZ250.Hope to see ya!

Possibly. Heck, I'd come out just to get a few spins on that LT250. I have a soft spot for them little LTs.

f1502nv
05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
i was going to go but now I'm going to Oregon dunes

shellz4sand
05-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Possibly. Heck, I'd come out just to get a few spins on that LT250. I have a soft spot for them little LTs.

It's For Sale ya know!

660rider0_3
05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
is it in FL

shellz4sand
05-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by 660rider0_3
is it in FL

Sand Mountain Nevada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
It's For Sale ya know!

Can't do it. If I have any serious money to throw at my hobbies, it will be to get my own quad in top shape, upgrade my girlfriend's suspension, or buy her a banshee.

Vixen
05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
you know the only thing i hope is that this year we dont have anyone launch off of our tent. We had two girls loose control of their raptor and launched off the tent. Nobody got hurt. Thank goodness. Just remeber ride safe everyone. there are lots of jumps out their, just not our tent. :D

shellz4sand
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Can't do it. If I have any serious money to throw at my hobbies, it will be to get my own quad in top shape, upgrade my girlfriend's suspension, or buy her a banshee.

Ya buddy buy her a BANSHEE!!She can ride mine when we are at Sand Mountain.Tell your daughter my son's her age & there are two litlle girls going that are 9 years old!Can't wait to go:) :) :) :)

shellz4sand
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
you know the only thing i hope is that this year we dont have anyone launch off of our tent. We had two girls loose control of their raptor and launched off the tent. Nobody got hurt. Thank goodness. Just remeber ride safe everyone. there are lots of jumps out their, just not our tent. :D

Are you going too?Don't worry I ride a Banshee not a raptor,although my friend does ride a Raptor(hope it wasn't her)LOL:cool:

Vixen
05-11-2005, 02:52 PM
yeah im going with ocitman ;)

wilkin250r
05-11-2005, 04:42 PM
As it sits, I'm planning on a day trip. My girlfriend can't make it, she's a blackjack dealer and is working Memorial Weekend. So it will be just me and my daughter, with the LT80 and a 400EX.

Weather will probably dictate which day it will be. If I'm having a ton of fun, it might possibly turn into two day trips, but not likely an overnight trip.

shellz4sand
05-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Well I am leaving Friday at 4:00pm. I got screwed out of Friday off.What time to you want me to meet you guys at the first set of bathrooms?Saturday when?I have Motorola radio's if you have hand helds it should work.You could call me at the beginning of the road.Can't wait to meet all of you.We are going to BBQ Saturday night if you want to eat with us. We will have 3 toyhaulers and we are bringing a BBQ to cook all the meat on.I bought lots of sand toys for the kids :) .

wilkin250r
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not quite sure of my obligations for that weekend, so I can't yet give a reliable commitment. I'm in the middle of moving, so things are hectic and schedules often change. However, I have a feeling a retreat to play in the sand will be very welcome come Memorial Weekend. I'm still fully planning on going, but I'm not exactly sure WHEN it will be, whether it be Saturday, Sunday, or even Monday.

Also, weather will play a big role in my decision, and it's still a little early to get an accurate weather report.

So all told, for me at least, let's finalize the details some time next week.

How many kids are going to be there, and how many riding machines are available for them? I have two LT80s, one good and one bad. I was obviously planning on bringing the good LT80 for my daughter, is there any reason I should bring the second one? It's pretty down on power, only about half the power of the first and a top speed of about 15mph, but it might provide some fun for another little kid if needed, and the lack of power adds a bit to the safety. It actually has the power and speed of an LT50, at the size of an LT80.

shellz4sand
05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
My 9 year old rides a 400ex & my 11 year old rides a blaster.All the little kids going have bike but thanks for the offer!I might get to ride my banshee if my 11 lets me on it :) There are 5 little girls going so your daughter will be in good company.We will work out all the details right before we go.

Vixen
05-17-2005, 09:41 AM
we have our 5 and 7 yr olds going. We have the raptor 80 and just our 400ex. The more the merrier!. Hope to see you there.

shellz4sand
05-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Who's still going?I am leaving at 4:00pm Friday should be there by 8:00pm.Just wondering where to find everyone?

wilkin250r
05-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Weather is looking crappy this weekend, supposed to be some mild thunderstorms.

I'm planning on Saturday, hopefully sometime mid-morning, like 10am or so.

shellz4sand
05-25-2005, 09:06 PM
See ya there!My name is on the back of my truck can't miss it.It is a lifted Ford F-250 dark blue x-cab.Can't wait to break in my Banshee!!!!!!!!!!

Vixen
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
so when and where are we meeting?

wilkin250r
05-26-2005, 09:21 AM
I've got a lot of preparations and other issues, and not much time to do them in, so my schedule and plans are subject to change. Give me a good description of what to look for, and a rough location (first bathrooms, second bathrooms, at the base of the drag hill, ect), and I'll find you.

Like I said, I'm planning for mid-morning on Saturday, but that could very easily turn into late afternoon Saturday, or even mid-morning Sunday.

Possiblygive me something definitive, like a license plate number (probably best in PMs). A picture of your truck might even be better. I assume your name is Shelley? I certainly don't want to go wandering into a strange camp asking for "shellz4sand".

By the way, my name is Erik. ;)

wilkin250r
05-26-2005, 09:22 AM
And my truck.

shellz4sand
05-27-2005, 07:09 AM
I usually park at the very left of the first set of bathrooms.I have a lifted blue F-250 powerstroke and I will have my 18 foot flat trailer.My dad drives a white crewcab dodge cummins pulling a 33ft prowler 5th wheel toyhauler.My cousin drives a huge lifted black x-cab chevy.We will alos have a crew cab ford with a 28foot weekend warrior.My name is Shelley and my tailgate says Custom Window Coverings & I have a dirt diva sticker on my back window.

wilkin250r
05-27-2005, 11:19 AM
With this information, and the PM you sent, it should be easy enough for me to find your camp and introduce myself.

Like I said, right now I'm planning around 10 on Saturday, but it might be later. However, as it looks, it shouldn't be any later than around noon.

I'll see you on the sand!

shellz4sand
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I will see you & your daughter wilkin250r at camp & I will meet octiman & vixen at noon Saturday at the info sign.See you all at Sand Mountain .I am heading out right now!

Shelley

L & L Racing
06-10-2005, 11:40 PM
hey im gona be headin down soon with my yfz :D

shellz4sand
06-11-2005, 01:02 PM
When you going? I am heading out for Sand Mountain 4th of July weekend again.YFZ's are the best bikes, my son wants one.Hope to see ya there.
Shelley

wilkin250r
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the blaster? You said no oil, I should have asked for clarification. Was the transmission out of oil, or was it the oil injection that was out of oil?

shellz4sand
06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the blaster? You said no oil, I should have asked for clarification. Was the transmission out of oil, or was it the oil injection that was out of oil?

Transmission oil.Blew the piston,& rings.Just got it tore down & getting ready to rebuild it.

CC Rider
06-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Just curious for the forth of july do you need reservations to sand mountain? Ive never been but have wanted to go for a while now, just wondering what to expect.

shellz4sand
06-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CC Rider
Just curious for the forth of july do you need reservations to sand mountain? Ive never been but have wanted to go for a while now, just wondering what to expect.

There is no reservations ever. It is first come first serve.I think it is $25 for a 5 day pass.There is nothing but sand and a few sets of bathrooms.No water or anything.I have a season pass which was $45.Let me know if you need anymore info!

ballisticpb
06-17-2005, 04:04 PM
There is no reservations ever. It is first come first serve.I think it is $25 for a 5 day pass.There is nothing but sand and a few sets of bathrooms.No water or anything.I have a season pass which was $45.Let me know if you need anymore info!

a seven day pas is $20 set up on the honor system you pay and there might be a gard on your way out there might not.. bring plenty of water. there is only two vault toilets there.. on big weekends i sugest you bring some toilet paper as well in case they run out... show up pay and camp where ever you please

wilkin250r
06-18-2005, 12:50 PM
On the big weekends, there is almost ALWAYS an officer posted at the exit checking passes. If you sneek out at 2am, you might get lucky, but during the day you'll get caught and have to pay the fees.

L & L Racing
06-30-2005, 07:02 AM
i think im going towards the end of july or first of august! cheers everyone :p

shellz4sand
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I am going July 8th for the weekend.I was going this weekend but my kids have a motocross race in Chico :( .See ya in the sand!

wilkin250r
06-30-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm hoping to make it out there sometime around 5th or 6th for a day trip.

shellz4sand
06-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm hoping to make it out there sometime around 5th or 6th for a day trip.

How sad can't make it when I'm going to be there?

wilkin250r
06-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Not a chance, sorry. I work Friday and Saturday nights, so this midweek looks like it will be the only chance I have for quite some time.

shellz4sand
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Not a chance, sorry. I work Friday and Saturday nights, so this midweek looks like it will be the only chance I have for quite some time.

That SUCKS!!!!We will ride again soon!!!!!