PDA

View Full Version : This just isn't my year.

cheetah
05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I think this year just wasn't meant to be. It has been a horrible season and I just need to vent. I started out in Texas on the cdale and got 5 flat tires. I fought through em for a 9th finish. Not that great but alright for 5 flats. Right before round 2 in FL the dale just suddenly seized a piston putting in on the trailer. Spent that week rebuilding to make GA. Went to GA and was in top 10 on first lap when it just started dieing. The bike wouldn't run over around 5k rpms. Come home wrench a lil and get it running again. Go to Steele Creek and was in top 5 on the first lap when it just dies again on the second. Turns out a busted decompressor. Try and get it fixed for Big Buck, but people just screwed me over on parts. I end up getting parts the night before we leave and we entirely rebuild a cannondale through the night. About 6 a.m. we got to crank her over and nothing. The valves were obviously holding closed because of the compression was over twice what it should be. We decide it's time to cut losses and switch to the Honda. Take the honda to Lorettas last weekend, but never could get the jetting dialed right for conditions and it ended up sucking a little water leaving me on the side of the trail about 2 miles from the finish. Now here I sit with a broken collarbone from an accident while practicing. I have surgery tomorrow and I will probably be out a minimum of at least 2 races. It is pretty discouraging because I came into this season fired up and ready to go. I always ran top 10 or top 5 before the bike would die so I know I could run up front something just always had to happen. I guess theres always next year and I'm going to try and prepare for that. I know nobody probably cares, but I just had to vent a little. Be careful out there guys, they will bite ya.

quad_45
05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Aww, I'm really sorry to here that. I just wanted to say hang in there. Everyone has there ups and downs. Even the pro's. It'll get better, just keep your chin up and never give up! It could be worse (even though you think you hit rock bottom). One day you'll go out there and kick everyone's butts!!! Good luck to you in the future, and wish you a fast recovery!:muscle:

44oEX
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
man sorry your year su cks but get a real quad. if that thing keep quiting every race, GET RID OF IT, get a honda.

santor
05-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Hang in there man, It will get better:macho

bs784
05-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Hang tough, learn from your mistakes, never give up, give every race 100 percent before and during the race, and always have fun. Get well soon. I am not sure but I think that was you at the Log Cabin Restaurant the night bfore lorretta's. Correct me if I am wrong.

cheetah
05-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Yea Brandon sure was. I'm surprised you knew who i was. Thanks to you and everyone here offering encouragement. Ever since I was told it comes to surgery I've just been thinking about how i can improve my training and come back stronger. Man you're killing them out there in B right now congrats and i wish the best to you in your championship run. Hopefully I'll see you guys in WV.

Meek
05-05-2005, 11:54 PM
You need to spend some time and evaluate your ridding style. You have a lot of skill, but you run into alot of trouble. It might be a lack of training or ridding to hard, I don't know. That is something that you will have to figure out. Just rember, if the quad will not finish, the ridder will not.

Just be happy, it is only 2 races that you are sitting out. Take some time off, and be sure to let everything heal properly. Then make a hell of a comeback. Hope everything goes well in the O R

Braff1
05-06-2005, 12:02 AM
You are young and will have many more races. Take your time and let it heal fully before getting back on the horse again. I wish a speedy recovery and hope to be seeing you soon.

05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
allways remember, you race because you love it. take the good with the bad. live, learn, and use this time to figure out a way to come back stronger than before. u got nuthin to loose, see what u can acomplish the rest of the season. good luck! remember the only person u have to prove something to is yourself:devious:

05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
allways remember, you race because you love it. take the good with the bad. live, learn, and use this time to figure out a way to come back stronger than before. u got nuthin to loose, see what u can acomplish the rest of the season. good luck! remember the only person u have to prove something to is yourself:devious:

bradley300
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
when you come back, just stop worrying about how your going to do, go race just for the sport of it and see how much you can learn for next year. good luck on the recovery, see you out there

cheetah
05-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Well I was at the hospital all day for surgery. He said after seeing the break it was worse than he thought. He said to not even think about riding for 3-6months.:( Well I guess we'll just wtch it all on tv and spend some extra time wrenching if I can.

Lil - Braff
05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Well I was at the hospital all day for surgery. He said after seeing the break it was worse than he thought. He said to not even think about riding for 3-6months.:( Well I guess we'll just wtch it all on tv and spend some extra time wrenching if I can.

Well, look at the positive side of things, atleast you will atleast get to ride again and it's only 3-6 months and not longer. lol. Sorry to hear about all your bad luck you're having but like everyone said, things are bound to get better. Stick it out and just keep trying. Glad to hear the surgery went okay and I wish you a speedy recovery!

seamonster
05-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Get well soon Kevin........

Meek
05-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Can lil Jeff use your new 450R? He has never been od a real race quad.

Rico
05-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Hang in there dude.....:macho

cady#1
05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
God speed buddy, dont let docs word discourage you. I bet you'll be riding again in 2 months tops! sean

cheetah
05-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks Rico and Cady

Originally posted by Meek
Can lil Jeff use your new 450R? He has never been od a real race quad.

As long as he can do better than Bradley.:eek2:

seamonster
05-09-2005, 10:42 AM

OUCH!!!!

Meek
05-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks Rico and Cady

My mom could beat Bradley :D

bradley300
05-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Thanks Rico and Cady

ouch!

Admin
05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your badluck, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully you will be able to race when the season resumes in the fall.