PDA

View Full Version : Another 400ex shocks on a 300ex question

Trevor
05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
I was wondering if there was any advantage of putting the 400ex shocks on the front without putting the 4ooex a arms.I know that it isn't recomended to switch the a arms thats why i was wondering if i would actualy gain anything by just switching the shocks? Also is the raptor rear shock a good mod to do because I bottom the rear out sometimes.

44oEX
05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
well the shocks won't bolt on, you will need to relocate your upper shock mount. and with the stock 300ex a-arm if you use more travel, the frame will probably just hit the ground before the shocks bottom out. So I think if you don't put the 400 arms just the shocks won't work.

cdalejef
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
They will not work with out a custom upper bracket. Once you make the bracket the shocks should be custom valved and sprung to work correctly.

stonerider250x
05-05-2005, 07:06 PM
the 400ex shock with 300 a-arms is awesome but u have to have a shock mount relocator for the top. there are a few different types on ebay some adjustable and others just simple. and like jeff said for it to work best you would have to get them revalved and all for the best performance. and about the raptor shock, its a great mod over stock also. the only problem is the eyes on the shock are a little skinnier but its nothing a few washers cant fix. i have a raptor shock on my 250x and after i had it rebuilt it is awesome. it has more adjust ments than the 300ex shock that works makes and is as good performance wise. JMO