PDA

View Full Version : throttle

mills_racing
05-04-2005, 07:47 PM
i have been racing a few gncc's and when ever i get a lap or 2 into the race i get thumb pump really bad and it gets pretty hard sometimes to give it gas....i was wondering if anyone knew of any tricks that could make it softer and easier to push?

4o0eX RaCeR
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
The only way to reduce that is to keep riding hard even when your not racing. that way no matter what your ready. The same thing happens to me but after a while my thumb just goes numb and im right back in the action. Sorry i know no tricks.

Rico400
05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
ive seen somethings where u can extend the length of the thumb throttle. its like a cover that screw on to add like an 1 or 2 inches farther out. may help, but im not sure

akraptor
05-09-2005, 12:05 AM
tilt the throttle forward. so you get full throttle easier. will help alittle. not having your thumb pushed way under the grip.

Christoph
05-11-2005, 03:54 PM
i got the same problem, mostly riding sandpits cause ur pumpin the throttle constantly, mostly what i do is just settle the wheeler on a flat ground for a sec, give my thumb maybe 20-30 seconds break and im good for awhile. Other than that, ive never done it but i think you can adjust the springs in it, but dont quote me on that, ive never done it, my suggestion is before u go pullin it apart is check out ur manual and c if u can get a spec of the gas and c if theres anything u can adjust.

400exrider707
05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
I forgte who, but someone sells a wrist type deal that goes over your palm like a glove without fingers and then this stiff rubber part goes over your thumb and it takes off all of the tension in your finger. I tried it once and it worked awesome. Cant remember who made them, but they were bigger with snomobilers.