PDA

View Full Version : electrical i really need help

hardkoratvmxr
05-04-2005, 06:47 PM
ok i have a 2003 300ex and it still wont start. we put a brand new battery and when the key is turned off it is at 13 volts when the key turns on it goes to 1.8. and it is a brand new battery. i have no neutral light either. but i do have reverse(kinda its dim). And when it charges i guess after a little bit the neutral light is dim, when i am on the gas and when i am off it is normal. but i have no start buttom action. it doesnt even want to turn over. is it my starter? solenoid? starter butto? cdi? i need help asap. my local mechanic said it was a ground but we checked all of them. It all started after i hit a new jump qwith no landing and i hit hard then i turned it off for like 15 minutes tops then i had nothing and that was 2-3days ago so i need help bad.

plkmonster2
05-04-2005, 11:25 PM
With the key on your battery goes to 1.8 volts? Your starter is locked up, and the silinoid is stuck. Check you starter and see if it is getting hot.

wilkin250r
05-05-2005, 01:18 PM
You've got a short circuit somewhere, and when you turn it on, the short circuit puts a huge load on the battery and tries to draw too much current, so it pulls the battery voltage down. If you leave it on like that, something will burn up.