PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth

Mxjunkie
05-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I have to get my wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow, has anyone had theirs cut out, I'm kinda nervous cause all I'm getting is novacane(sp) :( that and I'm not too into the whole cutting me thing, It was hard enough getting me to go to the er when I had to get surgury on my knee when I was younger :o

bansheeguy77
05-04-2005, 06:21 PM
you'll be fine. make sure they drug you up good. btw what is the doc's name who is doing this? im the asst. board admin for the pennsylvania dental board.....id laugh if he has alot of complaints and no conscience sedation permit :blah:

bulkdriverlp
05-04-2005, 06:22 PM
oh dude, that sucks big time. i got lucky i had 2 on the bottom and he just pryed and pulled them out with pliers. ive heard its painfull after the sedaitves wear off, big time. not to scare you but, last year a local high school senior had his cut out and while surgery a peice of gauze went down his throat and went into his lung. there was nothing they could do, he died. true story man, no b.s. :(

spraw602
05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I got mine cut out a lil over a year ago and it wasnt too bad. I was in surgery for about an hour. Had all four cut out, none of them were showing yet either. I have some pretty big holes back there now. You'll drool alot after surgery but thats normal and kinda cool. I enjoyed the drugs afterwards. You'll be fine, as long as he cuts in the right place haha......Speaking of surgery, my poor lil puppy is going to get his balls wacked tomorrow :eek2:

Mxjunkie
05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
you'll be fine. make sure they drug you up good. btw what is the doc's name who is doing this? im the asst. board admin for the pennsylvania dental board.....id laugh if he has alot of complaints and no conscience sedation permit :blah:

its some guy in kennett square pa, I have to get 2 bottoms maybe all 4. they arent showing, under the gums, now I'm feeling light headed god damnit I didnt wanna hear bad storys :mad:

its like 700 without knocking me out, then 1400 if they put the good ol laughing gas, I'm worried that somethings going to go wrong, that and I DONT like needles, they might have to fight me to put that damn thing in my gum! :grr:

Andrew400ex
05-04-2005, 06:28 PM
i hear the drugs are great:bandit:

400exrules
05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
i feel for ya man, i have to get mine out soon, sometime this summer, but its gonna be early summer:(

Giz400ex
05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I had mine done a couple of years ago and I was knocked out. I can't imagine being awake for that.

TCracin440ex
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
im 1 of the lucky 1's my dentist says....i was born without wisdom teeth so no kinda surgery like that for me...thank god

Mxjunkie
05-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I had mine done a couple of years ago and I was knocked out. I can't imagine being awake for that.

My dad told me if I need to be knocked out he'll bring a bat :o all kidding aside he said the people would be there if I want to be, I think I will and just pay the damn payments with him.

do you guys think I would be able to go back to work afterwards, I work in auto body..

JTRtrx250r
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I go in on the 12th to be knocked out for my lowers, they're impacted:grr: Got my uppers yanked out 6 yrs ago and been too chickenchit to go back. Im gonna be bummin":rolleyes:

Hondadudeehhhh
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
not to scare you but, last year a local high school senior had his cut out and while surgery a peice of gauze went down his throat and went into his lung. there was nothing they could do, he died. true story man, no b.s. :(

ah thats a nice story ed.....

no word on whether mine are going to come out or not. HOpe what ever it is it doesnt hurt. good luck post something while you are on the drugs or take a pic lol

spraw602
05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
You wont be able to do a whole lot of anything. If you're having them cut out they should knock you out. They did me. Count back from 10, 9, 8, then you wake up with a really soar mouth and cheeks swollen 3 times normal size.....I wouldnt try working. I slept all day and the next day. But that could have also been the vicaden....haha

Mxjunkie
05-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I go in on the 12th to be knocked out for my lowers, they're impacted:grr: Got my uppers yanked out 6 yrs ago and been too chickenchit to go back. Im gonna be bummin":rolleyes:

both my lowers are impacted, they are pushing all my teeth forward, if I dont get them cut out it will destroy all my teeth's roots and I'll have to get them pulled and fake teeth put in, it sucks! :mad:

JTRtrx250r
05-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
both my lowers are impacted, they are pushing all my teeth forward, if I dont get them cut out it will destroy all my teeth's roots and I'll have to get them pulled and fake teeth put in, it sucks! :mad: exactly why Im goin' in, 1 of them is pushing on the roots o a molar and killing it, so Im gonna end up losing it also:rolleyes:

cletusEX
05-04-2005, 07:09 PM
All four of mine were impacted. I waited over 3 years to have it done and it messed up my lower teeth a little. One of my lowers was real bad and resting along the nerve. My lower jaw was numb for a couple weeks. Overall it wasn't as bad as it sounds. The drugs definitley help. I had mine out on a Friday and I was out riding on Sunday. Good luck man.

FasstMidnightZ
05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
got mine takin out when i had jaw surgury soo i dont know how bad it is , but i never felt a thing when i woke up :cool: the key is drugs, and hahhahhah u will be swollen. not as bad as i had it though

ShiftFMX
05-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Im goin to the dentist at 9am tomorrow to find out when mine are comin out!!!

I want them out just for the drugs! when my g/f gots hers out, she gave me some of her vikes! :D

ny300exrider
05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
i have to get all 4 out too and im def not looking forwards to it:(

JDiablo
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
im 1 of the lucky 1's my dentist says....i was born without wisdom teeth so no kinda surgery like that for me...thank god

haha me too,i havent heard anything about getting anything pulled or cut,so i must have been born without them

trick450r
05-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
haha me too,i havent heard anything about getting anything pulled or cut,so i must have been born without them

same...i dont even get cavaties (SP?)

JDiablo
05-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
same...i dont even get cavaties (SP?)

me neither but i have a deep overbite but my teeth are straight,i told my mom if you make me get braces im going to get pliers and rip them off :grr:

brian-250
05-04-2005, 07:47 PM
hey joshie met me at the john penton and ill yank them sum*****es out.:devil:

parkers30
05-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I had mine out a couple years ago, just the bottoms, and I just got laughing gas, it just felt like somone was tuggn at my face real hard, I never took any of the vicoden (sp?) and was up and about the next day,

I've kinda gotten used to the swollen mouth thing though, had my tongue stitched back on twice

JDiablo
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by parkers30

I've kinda gotten used to the swollen mouth thing though, had my tongue stitched back on twice

Explain please!!!:eek: :ermm:

parkers30
05-04-2005, 08:03 PM
hahaha, knew someone would ask

First time I caught a teeter totter under the chin, I USED to always stick my tongue out when I tried really hard at anything. so there goes the tongure the first time... not all the way off but close, rode my bike home went to the ER. My jaw way cracked, so I had to wait on x-rays before they would stitch my tongue

Second time I was on a friends trampoline. I slipped and caught a knee under my chin, there goes the tongue the second time, not quite as close to biting it off that time. I ended up just getting stitches with no novicane that time, all the shots in your tongue do is make it swell up too big to close your mouth. The shots hurt worse than the stitches anyway. I think they gave me 6 or 8 shots on the mouth the first time. I had to sleep over a bucket.

the coolest part was the fact that my tongue turned all kinda of colors while the "dried" blood went away

ShiftFMX
05-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
had my tongue stitched back on twice

Uhhhh, WHAT!?? :eek: :eek2:

WKY400EX
05-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Got mine out a few years ago. I think the dentist had me take 3 Valium on an empty stomach before I left the house that morning. (BTW, don't try to drive after taking 3 Valium. Good thing I had someone with me who could drive, because mailboxes were getting closer and closer to the passenger side mirror. :) ) Once I got to the dentist, loaded on Valium, he shot my gums up with novacain. By the time they were cutting/pulling, I didn't care what the hell was going on.:D All I felt aside from the little needle sticks was pressure from the pulling. They had to crack one tooth into pieces to get it out, but everything went fine.

Counting all 4 wisdom teeth, I've had 11 teeth pulled total. Since I had too many teeth for my mouth, 7 were pulled just to put my braces on. Most of my molars have 3 roots too. :eek2:

hondarider2006
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
its fun man, all of the drugs you get to take:)

metalmellinium
05-05-2005, 01:08 AM
a little off the subject lol, but what do you do at your work? BTW that sucks man hope all goes well

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by metalmellinium
a little off the subject lol, but what do you do at your work? BTW that sucks man hope all goes well

Body work, pull out dents, bondo, prime, paint, sand pretty much everything

well I gotta go to the place now wish me luck :(

MOFO
05-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex

same here... they knocked me out...I woke up and was feeling good for the next few hours... :devil:

I had to have all 4 ripped out... 3 of them required MAJOR work...I waited WAY too long to have them pulled. I HATE the dentist!

My wife is a nurse and had me use ICE and take Motrin (helps with swelling) during the next 3 days (24hrs a day). I NEVER swelled up and did not need pain medication after the surgery - my oral surgeon was amazed when I told him this a week later! He said I should have been in pretty bad pain for a few days - this was shown in his generous prescriptions. :devil:

your2slo2
05-05-2005, 05:57 AM
I had all 4 of mine removed while I was stationed at FT. Hood and I was also awake for it . Army dentists dont make anything easy .

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 06:49 AM
they had to removie all 4 of mine,then had to crack 2 in half or somethings.. the damn novicane is wearing off, they knockled me out. It hurts bad now :( wheres my pain killers they gave me lol my god damn lip looks like someone hit me over and over again, I'm having fun poking it though hehe its like a big ballon:blah:

400exchick
05-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey there... I see you're back.. how are you feelin??

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 400exchick
Hey there... I see you're back.. how are you feelin??

it wasnt to bad when I first woke up but now the pain is pretty strong, that and I'm bleeding worse then I thought I would. But I guess its worth it if it saves all my other teeth:ermm:

brian-250
05-05-2005, 07:32 AM
suck it up josh!:D

400exchick
05-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I got mine pulled out in january.. could only have liquids for 4 weeks (one dry socket was giving me lots of problems), my dentist was good to me and kept me on pain killers for 3 weeks, gotta love that codein :) I also got a molar pulled out at the same time.. and I ended up with nerve damage because of that one.. seems as if my lip is coming back to normal though...

Hope you feel better soon!! take it easy today, try and sleep it off for the most part;)

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
suck it up josh!:D

Limmie pull and cut your teeth out ;) anyone know if I can eat a milkshake/icecream if not I'm going to anyways :ermm:

bansheeguy77
05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
suck it up! rocky wouldnt quit, he wouldnt give up! be like rocky josh. eye of the tiger....

spraw602
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Eat whatever you want except hard foods and peanut butter. I got peanut butter stuck in the holes that were left and spent a good day trying to get it out with my tongue. My tongue was stronger afterwards, thats always a plus....:D

jcv400ex
05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Josh, it sucks. GET KNOCKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine weren't embedded....so they thought! I had one that would not come out. He hammered it, pulled, cracked, and slowly it came out. He had his knee on the bed, a pair of pliers around my tooth, and used my jaw bone as a pivot point! I wanted to jack him, but they had me restrained.

I was doing the best cussin I could with enough novacaine in me to sedate a elephant! I was suck an ***, they left me drive myself home, just wanted me to go! lol

And get the prescription for the pain pills. At first you'll feel okay....next day feels like you got kicked by a horse!

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Well so far I've eatten 1 gallon of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, 2 oreo mc flurrys and I've been working on this quater pounder for a good one hour, sucks chewing with your front teeth :o I actually feel pretty good I took about 2 of the pain killers because my damn mouth was throbbing. I think I allready pulled stiches out, I'm hard headed as you can see :o

rush298
05-05-2005, 11:01 AM
My jaw was too small for all my teeth.

luckily, my dentist took out my wisdom teeth before they became bone impacted (they were just tissue impacted) but at the same time, he took out 12 more teeth out of my mouth just so my front teeth wouldn't be crooked. I didn't have to have braces or a retainer and my teeth have gradually moved back into place so I never had big gaps. so I've had 16 teeth pulled just because I wouldn't be able to chew food very well with all of my teeth in.

I feel for ya man, my horror story is: they didn't put me out and I had to have THREE times the amount of novacaine shot into my mouth..eww I HATE the roof of the mouth shots the most.... ( apparently, I have a resistance to it so it doesn't work too well )...and two hours after having all those teeth pulled I could feel everything again. Advil worked great for me though. I'm not too big on the pain pill scene...I like maintaining control of myself and I don't like to get sick because of the pain meds.

WKY400EX
05-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rush298
eww I HATE the roof of the mouth shots the most.... ( apparently, I have a resistance to it so it doesn't work too well )...and two hours after having all those teeth pulled I could feel everything again. The roof of the mouth shots are the worst, but I don't like the jaw shots too much either.:ermm: I'm in the same boat as you though. It always takes 2-3 times more shots to get numb.:rolleyes:

BTW, did anyone just "lose" a couple of days after they got their wisdom teeth out? I laid on the couch and didn't do anything for about two days. Can't remember if it was the meds, or what? Good thing I was on vacation.:)

JDiablo
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
it took 6 shots for me to be fully number when i had a root canal

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exchick
Yeah, I got mine pulled out in january.. could only have liquids for 4 weeks (one dry socket was giving me lots of problems), my dentist was good to me and kept me on pain killers for 3 weeks, gotta love that codein :) I also got a molar pulled out at the same time.. and I ended up with nerve damage because of that one.. seems as if my lip is coming back to normal though...

Hope you feel better soon!! take it easy today, try and sleep it off for the most part;) Ive heard dry socket is EXTEMELY painfull.

I have a molar that 1 of my impacted wisdoms is messing w/ bad, I ended up w/ an abcess and went in to get it drained..Twice!

I went to get the molar pulled out by oral surgen's and after 7 viles of novicain and 3 hrs of them pulling... it still wasnt coming out. I wasnt getting numb at all... it was the worst pain Ive ever been thru(been pumped up on percocets for weeks!)It was like mid-evil torture!! I kept telling them to either break it up... or just knock me out!! They said it couldnt be done w/o a big arrangement. They also let me know they are NOT DENTISTS... just oral surgens... WTF?????

They ended up breaking part of the molar and make my appointment a month away:mad: :huh Then the dumbasses send me home w/o ANY painkillers or even gauze!!! so I had to make 3 total trips to the ER for painkillers!! I left w/ 10 times the pain I went in w/... or ever for that matter!!! I had NO idea teeth could cause that kind of pain..and Ive been thru LOTS of it in my life

Now Im worried tho... all around the molar my gums are white and its been pretty painful to say the least.(going on 3 weeks now) I think they gave me nerve damage that day.. b/c it still feels like my cheek is full of gauze(which isnt) but yet I cant feel it inside... only on the outside of my face:(

Ive never been so jacked around w/ anything in my life and just want it over with now

BTW .. Anyone in my area.. STAY AWAY from Harborview w/ this kind of thing, thinking of talking w/ our lawyer at this point

rush298
05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
If your gums are white....that is an indicator of loss of blood supply to that area. That's obviously NOT GOOD. I'm sorry to hear that about your issues there JTR. I'm hoping that it all gets resolved this next time around (your next appointment) I'd still hook ya up with my dentists if ya want...he's pretty cool. ;)

Yah, I wouldn't recommend Harborview for a lot of reasons...they're used to trauma care with people who probably don't even know they're alive let alone kicking enough to give em what for with a sore mouth. My aunt had an aneurism in her brain and was coming out of it after surgery but they ended up suffocating her to death because they "forgot" to clean out her tracheotomy tube so she could breath.......:rolleyes: yah, my uncle had a nice long talk with his lawyer about that.

Anyways, dude.....having teeth problems really can mess with your life. It's not about having the best smile or the whitest teeth on the planet. It's about being able to eat, to talk, to live without pain....and to nibble on "things" now and then ;):cool:

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Josh... they still wrap a cloth around your head? haha, I thought that was what they did way back in the old days:D You look like youve seen better days... but I spose that could be the drugs huh?:p

I was all sprung to do this chit, after reading this thread... Im startin' to sweat it again:( Been counting down the days..:(

Rush, its getting slowely better but this chit's gettin' old...my gums are slowely starting to turn red again, but they wait till I heal up just to shred my action again on the 12th:mad: :rolleyes:

I dont know if being older is gonna be good or a bad thing, I'll have at least 3 gaping holes in the back of my face:( all I know is they might be lookin' like me afterwards... I WILL NOT take that kind of chit again. I made the lady Dr cry so I might have some sort of hostility towards me:D guess I'll find out soon enough...

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Josh... they still wrap a cloth around your head? haha, I thought that was what they did way back in the old days:D You look like youve seen better days... but I spose that could be the drugs huh?:p

I was all sprung to do this chit, after reading this thread... Im startin' to sweat it again:( Been counting down the days..:(

Rush, its getting slowely better but this chit's gettin' old...my gums are slowely starting to turn red again, but they wait till I heal up just to shred my action again on the 12th:mad: :rolleyes:

I dont know if being older is gonna be good or a bad thing, I'll have at least 3 gaping holes in the back of my face:( all I know is they might be lookin' like me afterwards... I WILL NOT take that kind of chit again. I made the lady Dr cry so I might have some sort of hostility towards me:D guess I'll find out soon enough...

lmao, its a ice pack thingie, I allready messed up alot of the stiches at work today.

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Seriously... take it easy bro, you dont want anymore probs, trust me.. Ive heard some horror stories about dry socket, infections etc, let them puppies heal man;) If you suck the blood clots out... your gonna be EFFED!!! be mellow w/ it dude;)

ShiftFMX
05-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Im goin to get all four of mine Cut out next thursday!

Vicodin here I come!

ShiftFMX
05-05-2005, 03:45 PM
My girlfriend told me the IV sedation is AMAZING! they stick an iv in ur arm and ur out in like 20 seconds she says. And you feel like you blink your eye and its done! Im kinda lookin forward to this, lol

MOFO
05-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Seriously... take it easy bro, you dont want anymore probs, trust me.. Ive heard some horror stories about dry socket, infections etc, let them puppies heal man;) If you suck the blood clots out... your gonna be EFFED!!! be mellow w/ it dude;)

listen to his advice!!! Take it easy... last thing you want is to screw something up back there.

Also, as I said earlier...take Motrin! It will help with your swelling which is where some of your pain is coming from... trust me, it works!

MOFO
05-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
My girlfriend told me the IV sedation is AMAZING! they stick an iv in ur arm and ur out in like 20 seconds she says. And you feel like you blink your eye and its done! Im kinda lookin forward to this, lol

yep... thats what I had. When you wake up, you'll feel like your very drunk. My wife told me I was saying all kinds of crap... the nurse and doctor where like :eek: when I started talking after I woke up. I dont remember about 20 min after waking up.... just like a good drunk! :devil:

ShiftFMX
05-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
My wife told me I was saying all kinds of crap... the nurse and doctor where like :eek: when I started talking after I woke up. I dont remember about 20 min after waking up

Ohh great! lol, I want this video taped! :p

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 04:51 PM
yep... thats what I had. When you wake up, you'll feel like your very drunk. My wife told me I was saying all kinds of crap... the nurse and doctor where like :eek: when I started talking after I woke up. I dont remember about 20 min after waking up.... just like a good drunk! :devil: LMAO:D I woke myself up talking 1 time and the Dr and nurse were pretty much doing the same haha.., they just stood there for a sec like:huh , then shuffled me out real quick, Im not sure what I said but wish I knew:o if its what I "think" I remember it might have been... all I can say is "woops":D

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 04:56 PM
yep... thats what I had. When you wake up, you'll feel like your very drunk. My wife told me I was saying all kinds of crap... the nurse and doctor where like :eek: when I started talking after I woke up. I dont remember about 20 min after waking up.... just like a good drunk! :devil:

When I got home my dad was like, you got a little mouth on ya didnt you. I was like what the heck are you talking about, I got a little mouthy with the nurses I dont remeber it I know I wasnt in a good mood. :o

FasstMidnightZ
05-05-2005, 05:21 PM
god your not swollen, well not as bad as i had

Mxjunkie
05-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
god your not swollen, well not as bad as i had

Gotta remeber I'm a skinny guy :o that and you had your jaw worked on etc, your cheeks were deff swollen. Tomorrow I wont look as pretty though :(