PDA

View Full Version : Torque Specs

Flip_SideEX
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I was reinstalling my engine and I put on the clutch locknut and it said 80 foot lbs. So I was to get that one to the right specs but then I had trouble with the primary drive nut. I put a flywheel puller strap on the clutch basket but that didnt work to well so I ran out of ideas and I thought I would come on here to ask how the hell to get it to the right specs. But then I did a search and found a thread that had different torque specs than the book that I got from the dealer. From what the book said, I should have 80 ft lbs on the clutch locknut and 65 foot lbs on the primary drive nut. Is this right? If its not please give me the right specs before something goes wrong. This is for a 2000 400ex. thanks

Flip_SideEX
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Well I looked on the tech page and it said that same torque specs that were in my book. But does anyone know how I can tighten the primary drive nut without everything moving?

cld429
05-05-2005, 08:39 PM
try a screwdriver with a soft cloth between the gears but be careful not to slip the screwdriver out it will bust your knuckels. thats how most do it and thats how i did it hope i could help;)

Flip_SideEX
05-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I just put a impact wrench on it and called it good. Because with the torque wrench I got it on alot, but when I put the impact wrench on there with the highest setting, it didnt do anything.