PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Round 4 Taft Calf.

QuadJunkies
05-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Who going??!! :macho
We were trying to find a way to make this round, but its too far a drive for us to make a wk end out of it and be back for work on Mon. :( Anyone doing race Coverage for this round??

Im going to do my darndest to make the entire series next year(aside of Texas) and get the whole series.

400grl
05-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll be at Taft - taking another shot at Women's A and Production B! :) Can't wait!! :)

QuadJunkies
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I'll be at Taft - taking another shot at Women's A and Production B! :) Can't wait!! :) How fars the drive for ya?

Bart
05-04-2005, 10:52 AM
I'll be at Taft - taking another shot at Women's A and Production B! Can't wait!!

How can you run both an A and a B class? You can't do that at a GNC event (even if you are a girl).

400grl
05-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I asked them at the last Worcs race and they said that wouldn't be a problem. I'm a Novice locally, but if I were to race the Women's B/C class in the WORCS races I would be sandbagging bigtime. I also race the women's Intermediate class in the ITP series, but would race the Novice classes for the men's races. I'm in the right class racing the B classes for WORCS, but the women's classes are just not as competitive, so they allow a step-up. If it was a rule at the WORCS races that I had to race all A classes, I would do it, I guess just to still race the Women's A. But no one has ever had an issue with it. :(

Tina - it's about a 7 hour drive for us, I think.....a couple hours farther than Glen Helen.....

QuadJunkies
05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I think the drive was like 16-17 hours for us . Next year vacation time should work around alot of this :)
Hopefully theres a bigger Womens class this round we only had a few girls last Round her in Idaho .

400grl
05-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I am trying to get some of the ITP ladies to race this race...that will boost the numbers quite a bit!! I'm sure there will be at LEAST 3 in the Women's A.....and the lower classes should have more than last time......should be fun!

CannondaleRider
05-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Krash(On his Moto) is running Stock B again, our friend Jeremy(on his 450R) is running Open A again, and I(on my Wolverine) am running Utility............................Again :ermm:

WORCSYFZ199
05-05-2005, 08:11 AM
I'll definitley be there, Im going to run Open A and Pro-Am on my YFZ or If I don't qualify for Pro-Am then I'll race the Sport 15-29 A.. Its about a 6 hour drive for us around the Vegas area.

Duncanracer
05-05-2005, 12:04 PM
about 2 hours for me....

i'll be running Open B,Production B, and Sport B.....

Krash
05-06-2005, 07:49 AM
400grl: I totally agree with you, the women's classes at WORCS aren't very fast, I can't wait to get my second bike ready so my wife can race with you. As far as you also race production B, I think its awsome. Prod B is a very competitive class, I don't think I would do so well in that class.

QuadJunkies: We made the trip up to Idaho, and it was a 16 hour drive. We left on Friday morning about 3:00 am, and got there around 9:00 pm. We had to stop alot for fuel. After the races on Saturday we left around 5:00 and stopped for a room about a quarter of the way home. Sunday we got up, went out for breakfast and left around 10:30, and was back home at 10:00 that night. I only had to take friday off of work, so if you can get friday off then you can do it too. Hope you can make it.

WORCS 133
05-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I'll be there running 3 classes Production B, Open B and 30+B:blah:

400grl
05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Better get ready to lose to a chick, old man!!:blah:

WORCS 133
05-06-2005, 09:56 AM
old man, were the same age chicky and be gentle I bruise easy:blah:

QuadJunkies
05-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Best of luck to everyone.. Sure wish an atvrider member was doing some Coverage :ermm: :(

Duncanracer
Better get ready to lose to a chick, old man!!:blah:

i'm ready to lose to ya....

see ya there corry.....

P.S. when ya lap me no freestyle over the jumps to make me look even worse HAHA

QuadJunkies
Better get ready to lose to a chick, old man!!:blah: LMAO!!! :o :p :macho

400grl
05-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
i'm ready to lose to ya....

see ya there corry.....

P.S. when ya lap me no freestyle over the jumps to make me look even worse HAHA

LOL!!! Don't worry....I've had the stomach flu for a couple of days......I think I will be lucky to last a whole hour at this race!LOL!! :)

Steven450R
05-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm going to be their hopefully, and couple people from 450r.org might be out their with me.
I believe I'll be running the Sport 15-29 on Sat. & Open C on Sunday.
This is going to be fun for me since it's my first race.:eek:
Do you think I can run the whole race on a single tank of gas or am I going to have to refuel during the race? 185 main jet.

Duncanracer
05-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Steven450R
I'm going to be their hopefully, and couple people from 450r.org might be out their with me.
I believe I'll be running the Sport 15-29 on Sat. & Open C on Sunday.
This is going to be fun for me since it's my first race.:eek:
Do you think I can run the whole race on a single tank of gas or am I going to have to refuel during the race? 185 main jet.

you should be able to make it, your race is only 60 minutes i believe....

Steven450R
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
you should be able to make it, your race is only 60 minutes i believe....

Thanks man:cool:
I'm pretty sure that I could make the race on a single tank but I wasn't sure about it.

QuadJunkies
05-13-2005, 12:27 AM
good luck everyone!! :macho

Vtr_Racing
05-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Good luck everyone. Will be waiting for the stories and pics! :blah:

400grl
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Results are already up for the Taft race!!! Man, they are quick!! I know Harlen had Levi out there covering the WORCS race on Sunday.....so I'm sure we will see some pics soon!!! We also took around 700 pics this past weekend and I will post some of those when I can feel my fingers again......through the blisters......

Was a fun weekend, but that track was BRUTAL on Saturday and twice as bad on Sunday.........square edged huge holes everwhere!!!! The only place I could rest was the paved road....but even there I was holding on so tight that wasn't much of a break!!!!

Was great seeing riders from here out there this weekend!!!! Can't wait to do it again!!! I'm glad the next race isn't until after summer.....my body might be healed by then!! :)

QuadJunkies
05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Results are already up for the Taft race!!! Man, they are quick!! I know Harlen had Levi out there covering the WORCS race on Sunday.....so I'm sure we will see some pics soon!!! We also took around 700 pics this past weekend and I will post some of those when I can feel my fingers again......through the blisters......

Was a fun weekend, but that track was BRUTAL on Saturday and twice as bad on Sunday.........square edged huge holes everwhere!!!! The only place I could rest was the paved road....but even there I was holding on so tight that wasn't much of a break!!!!

Was great seeing riders from here out there this weekend!!!! Can't wait to do it again!!! I'm glad the next race isn't until after summer.....my body might be healed by then!! :) good to hear of some picture takers!! I cant wait to hear from a few of the locals who made it out about the wk end. Did anyone get any video coverage?? I would be willing to host some short clips for anyone who has them!:macho How did you place ?? Gald you had a good time and YES.. the riders are getting pretty fast this past year!! :eek2:

400grl
05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I got....

Production B - 4th overall
Women's A - 2nd overall
30+ B - 2nd overall and the holeshot (got me a SHIRT!) ;)

I'm tired.........:(

QuadJunkies
05-16-2005, 12:00 PM
I got....

Production B - 4th overall
Women's A - 2nd overall
30+ B - 2nd overall and the holeshot (got me a SHIRT!) ;)

I'm tired.........:( thats awesome girl!!! :macho

Duncanracer
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah she was hauling....passed me liek i wa stsanding still in the sunday race(i started a line ahead of her)

i reeled u back in and finished about 2 inches from you going into the finish....

but jesus she is fast......

I had a decent weekend

production B 13th (rode like a wuss)
Open B 3rd (still a wuss but less of one, but i got the holeshot so i got a t-shirt )
Sport B 1st (wuss again but still less of one haha)

400grl
05-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Shaun......great job out there!! I don't know how you all do the whole 3 races thing all the time.......by my last lap on Sunday I was ready to drop to the ground in a fetal position and suck my thumb!! Don't know if I will do all 3 again....maybe I should pace myself. And could they have roughed up that section before the finishline ANY more?? LOL!!!

Duncanracer
05-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Shaun......great job out there!! I don't know how you all do the whole 3 races thing all the time.......by my last lap on Sunday I was ready to drop to the ground in a fetal position and suck my thumb!! Don't know if I will do all 3 again....maybe I should pace myself. And could they have roughed up that section before the finishline ANY more?? LOL!!!

yeah i almost ate major sh*t there on sunday.....its a bad thing i guess when u can see your rear end on the right side of you lol

yeah it was pretty hard ot do 3, but i usually dont start riding decent till my second or third race....

Steven450R
05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I ran the Sport C & 400grl can ride!!!! I also ran the open C. #2933
In sport C class I stalled the engine at the line. :rolleyes: 8th out of 10
Open C, I was in second after the first turn. 4th out of 5.
But this was my first race so I was just out their to finish and do the best that I can!!

I got a pic of 400grl doing a no footer on Sunday. But haven't loaded the pic yet.
Here's Duncanracer I believe, in Sunday 9:30am race.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/bragger/450R%20050.jpg

Here's a link to my pics but I still allot to load up.
http://www.freewebs.com/bragger/worcseventtaftca.htm

400grl
05-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I remember you!!!! You showed me your fender had come off when we were in the pits..........you know....you did a great job!!! Just to finish a race like that, seriously.....in my mind.....is a great thing! I know quite few racers who wouldn't have even finished.........I hope you race another WORCS race!!! :) We need all the turnout we can get!!!

Steven450R
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I remember you!!!! You showed me your fender had come off when we were in the pits..........you know....you did a great job!!! Just to finish a race like that, seriously.....in my mind.....is a great thing! I know quite few racers who wouldn't have even finished.........I hope you race another WORCS race!!! :) We need all the turnout we can get!!!

I don't remeber showing you the fender.:ermm: But I did drive past your pit.
I would also like to thank Nick Flowers family for cheering me on in the 8am sunday race, their kid had a 450R to so they could've of been cheering him on without realizing that it was me.

I need to buy some tear offs next I do this.:ermm:
The Sunday race just killed me. The first lap my wrists started to hurt, lap 2 started to get arm pump, lap 3 I wanted to see the checker flag to comeout:tired:

I can't really travel, so this taft event might be my only WORCS event.:( Maybe the NV event I might try to attend.

400grl
05-16-2005, 03:14 PM
OH wow!!! Well then....there must have been two 450r's having fender issues!! LOL!!! A guy I was racing with showed me his fender - it had come off JUST Like yours......exactly where your's did. Wierd!!! Silly Honda's......JK!!! :)

I got armpump my first WORCS race, too......it's hard to pace yourself so you ride fast, but you don't overdo it......I'm still trying to get that part figured out! :)

And tearoffs are a good thing.....I only had two on Sunday and they both came off on the second turn.....I just had to wait for the mud to dry, then wipe it off with my thumb....or whatever finger wasn't already muddy!!

Steven450R
05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
OH wow!!! Well then....there must have been two 450r's having fender issues!! LOL!!! A guy I was racing with showed me his fender - it had come off JUST Like yours......exactly where your's did. Wierd!!! Silly Honda's......JK!!! :)

I got armpump my first WORCS race, too......it's hard to pace yourself so you ride fast, but you don't overdo it......I'm still trying to get that part figured out! :)

And tearoffs are a good thing.....I only had two on Sunday and they both came off on the second turn.....I just had to wait for the mud to dry, then wipe it off with my thumb....or whatever finger wasn't already muddy!!

well hmm:confused:
The only time I raced against you was on Saturday and my fender was still on after that race. The fender came loose during the 8am race on Sunday.
I was standing next to you during the pro race at the table top wearing a red 450R.Org shirt. Yes I'm a dork, I should've said hi!.

400grl
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Steven450R
Yes I'm a dork, I should've said hi!.

Yes you should have!! :) ;)

Merriman
05-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Next time I go to one of these, I'm racing in it!!

It looked like a blast to race........I had a great time going up just to take pictures. My girlfriend and I left San Diego about 6:30pm on Saturday, and about 4 rotations of the "Black eyed peas" CD, some "Love Angel Music Babe" Gwen Stefani music that she was seat dancing too (it's what she likes) a couple of energy drinks and she finally passed out at the bottom of the hill in Grapevine. When she woke up at 12:00am and ask where the hell we were....going out Honolulu Rd at midnight is kind of scary :uhoh: But once we found the track we headed into town to find a Motel 6....HAHAHA Not! we ended up staying in some local sleeze place and slept for about 4 hours and came out to take some pictures.

Hope you enjoyed the coverage.

And speaking of 400grl freestyle......I think I caught a gilmpse of it:macho

QuadJunkies
05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
LOL I didnt realize there was freestyle on Sunday too!! :p ;)

400grl
05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
That's great! LOL!! I actually did get my feet straight out - gotta do it quick to be sure I get them back on the pegs! LOL!!! It was a perfect table - couldn't resist!

Levi - I hear you about that road at midnight!! It was wierd at first seeing the oil rigs everywhere on the way there, all in the hills and in people's backyards....but you know, as we were driving through Taft to get something to eat, I was surprised to see how beautiful some of those streets were - those neighborhoods looked like something out of a Disney movie!! It's always fun seeing someplace new.........

Thanks for coming all the way out to do coverage - it's VERY much appreciated!! You did a great job!!!!

WORCSYFZ199
05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah merriman great coverage and thanks for the awesome pics.

wilkin250r
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm hoping to make it to Mesquite at the end of the series.