PDA

View Full Version : lowering kits

trxHRC450r
05-04-2005, 08:27 AM
im thinking about racing flat track and was wondering how much a lowering kit is gonna cost me and where i can get it. also im gonna need some tires. anyone selling used flat track tires? i dont want to spend a lot of money on tires to find out that i dont like the flat track. im just gonna end up using them when i go out on the roads lol

dirtmomma
05-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Check on Ebay for the lowering kits they go for around $60 or so, you can get the Durablue for a little more!! I would check into making it wider also so you can get the real affect of it otherwise you'll be like WTF this sucks i'm tipping all over :) go w/ some spacers, they work great for flattrack!! As fro tires we run Turf savers on our blaster rear w/ Hoosier fronts, we've ran these tires on all types of dirt & they do good everywhere!!!! You can either spend about $35 a tire for those or $109 for Hoosiers!! we groove our tires also so they hook better. Good Luck hope this helps some :) HAVE FUN it's a BLAST!!!!!

quadrcr161
05-04-2005, 08:56 AM
on the 450r, dont get the dura blue fronts, the drop the shock inside the a arm and rip up the shocks up and bed the shafts. i believe its on 450r.net or here where someone had proof that it tore up the front shocks. also look on 450r.net and someone has a reviev about another brand but i cant think of it off the top of my head.

bbrad mulvey
05-08-2005, 12:38 AM
I have personnaly seen my friend snap his lower shock mount off the shock. They are abolute junk. do not buy~!

dirtmomma
05-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by bbrad mulvey
I have personnaly seen my friend snap his lower shock mount off the shock. They are abolute junk. do not buy~!

:huh :huh how do you snap a shock flattrackin?????? Unless you wipe out then I can see it!! We make our own lowering kits so don't have to worry about that :)

bbrad mulvey
05-08-2005, 03:19 PM
he wheelied in the strait away and when it came down it snaped the shocks right off.

quadrcr161
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
bbrad, are you talking about the durablues? the flaw in the durablue is that it drops the shock inside the a arm and puts it in a bind. once i get on a better connection at work tomorrow ill try to find the pics ive seen.