PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! I Have A Carb Problem!

woodsZrider
05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I was riding my bike the other day and when it's just idling and i rock the bike from side to side it dies....
If i run it hard it does just fine, no problem
I cleaned my air filter,, it was dirty, I would say something has got into my carb..
does anyone know what i should check first?
Maybe point me toward something specific inside my carb...
I have a race this weekend so i need help fast..
Thanks jd

It's a Z if that helps

LTZ400rider
05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
i dunno it might be ur float or something, or u might have a clogged fuel line, clogged petcock, or just low on fuel. just some guesses

wgbanks
05-03-2005, 09:19 PM
The petcock on those Z's will act strange. We were riding this last weekend and my buddies Z just died. He thought he had fouled a plug. I towed him back, my old reliable 416ex, changed the plug still no good. We finally troubleshot it to the petcock. It's easy enough to test. Put it on prime and if it runs good then there is something wrong with the petcock sysyem. I don't know why Suzuki had to make it as complicated as it is. On and off has always seemed to work for me. Try running with the petcock on prime and it will probably be ok.

woodsZrider
05-04-2005, 04:37 AM
thanks

woodsZrider
05-04-2005, 06:51 PM
bump

woodsZrider
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
ttt

mattonln
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
and if that doesn't work then check if your jets are clogged... its pretty easy to tell, just use and air compressor! <-not while the jets are in the carb, obviously!