PDA

View Full Version : sunk an F-150

Stevie-D
05-03-2005, 06:49 PM
back on my property is an old shale quarry. it is surrounded by fields. the fields are surrounded by woods. the quarry is pretty flat, and on the one side there is a depression that has formed a pond. it is about 3-4 feet deep in the middle. well me and my brother were out back there, riding the 400 and messing around in an 89 F-150. after consuming several "beverages":chinese: i decided to cross the "pond" with the F-150. i got about 3/4 of the way across, and i just sat there in second spraying water everywhere. the motor rung out in second, so i shifted into third. the truck promptly stalled. so i'm sitting there in about 3 1/2 feet of water in a truck that won't fire. i cranked it a good 15 times. nothing. so i go back to my house to get my dakota to pull it out of the water and back home. i get back to the ford, hook up the chain, and decide to crank it once more. it fires right up. so by now my pants are soaked up to my crotch. i then proceded to drive the ford home, park it, then go back and bring the dakota home.
turns out the distributer cap got wet. it had dried off by the time i got back with the dakota.
what a pain in the balls.

this is a picture of the truck that i sank.

Syrus
05-03-2005, 06:52 PM
haha decent. My buddy has an old ford older than that one, and it was 4 wheel drive, we sunk it in a field pretty bad one day too, had to go back to his house and get the tractor to pull that bad boy out:devil:

300ex_rider1121
05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
once i got a golf cart stuck so bad we had to lift the front up (like a wheelie) and then pull it out with a full size forklift

K_Banger125
05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
got my truck stuck and a friends ram about a month ago in some sawdust swamp chit backhoe tried to pull us out and got buried so we called a friends dad who has a wrecker he got the ram out but winch burned up trying to get me out so i had to spend $150 to get it towed out...next week busted my cv joint getting stuck still haven't got it fixed:(

TheFontMaster
05-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Last month I got an F-150 stuck in some snow, I was on a back road, off to the right, about 2 inches from a wall of roots and dirt on the side, I had to have my G/F's dad help tow me out.

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-03-2005, 08:52 PM
glad it turned out ok!

PEACE

DtL

Scott-300ex
05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
i was reading it and you said it stalled and wouldn't fire, so im like wet distributor, but then you apparently found that out the more i read so now you took all the fun out of me telling you what happened, lol

my dad used to go mudding all the time with his friends and that happened

take off the cap and SQUIRT WD-40 IN THIER, and it absorbs the water and your problem is solved, in a couple seconds

have fun