PDA

View Full Version : HMF header and TC slip on?

JDiablo
05-03-2005, 06:32 PM
well after riding my quad,i feel that i am better off with my HMF pipe,but i dont want to lose the TC shorty,so i was thinking about throwing my HMF header on the TC,will it work?the header will go outside of the silencer instead of the silincer part going over the header.Like how i have it circled here.
My quad pulls more mid range to top end then bottom end,which the TC pipe is for,so i dont want a low end pipe and mid range motor...my ? is,should i do it?or just throw the HMF back on?

Cody_300ex
05-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Throw that HMF back on nanner boi!

TC426EX
05-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Gotta make a choice, because I imagine youd still have to cut the HMF header just like the stocker if you still wanted to use the TC silencer....

JDiablo
05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Gotta make a choice, because I imagine youd still have to cut the HMF header just like the stocker if you still wanted to use the TC silencer....

yes that is what im contemplating about:o

Dave400ex
05-03-2005, 09:06 PM
You might be better off just putting the HMF on, all though I know how hard it is to not use the TC. The best thing would be to have a custom mid-pipe made to fit the TC with the HMF header...

hondarider2006
05-03-2005, 11:57 PM
I was thinking about doing the same thing man....Try just slipping the TC over the HMF header before cutting just to make sure it fits....

JDiablo
05-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
You might be better off just putting the HMF on, all though I know how hard it is to not use the TC. The best thing would be to have a custom mid-pipe made to fit the TC with the HMF header...

i think i just might buy the powerbong headpipe and use that...think it is a good idea?

NacsMXer
05-04-2005, 06:59 AM
That's not too bad of an idea at all. The powerbomb will be the same diameter as stock so all you have to do is cut and drill that one just like you did the stock header and throw on the TC! :bandit:

hondarider2006
05-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
i think i just might buy the powerbong headpipe and use that...think it is a good idea?

I posted a thread a while back about the powerbomb, and most people said it wasn't worth it. Because that was my original idea. I was told that the TC was meant to be used with the stock head pipe, and the gains would be much. I am going to race this season with the TC and see how I like it. If I can some up with the $, a complete Curtis Sparks will be comeing some day:cool: