PDA

View Full Version : Precision Concepts Review

Dave400ex
05-03-2005, 04:35 PM
It was time for my Elka Quadrate fronts and stock 400EX rear shock with the dual spring setup from Elka on it, to be rebuilt. The rear end was giving me many problems as of late. I raced a Harescramble and it was bucking all over the place. I decided that I needed to have something done with them, but had to do it quickly, because we were heading to the Hatfield/McCoy on April 28th.

I started searching the internet for different places where I could send them. The first that came to mind was Elka, but I wanted to change the setup, and knew I would be better off sending them to a company that specializes in custom setups. The three that I found were GT Thunder, Precision Concepts, and DeRisi Racing. I called and talked with all three about what I wanted to do, a full rebuild/custom revalve. GT Thunder ended up being more expensive then I wanted to spend, because Laz wanted to add his linkage and use different springs. I then talked with Santo and Allen White at Precision and liked what they both had to say.

I ended up having to decide between the two of them. I PMed Rick Cecco to get some expert advice. He has helped me in the past, and I was always happy with the outcome. Rick told me he was very happy with the Precision work and that I would be extremely happy with their work. This was the deciding factor for me, Precision it would be.

I emailed Diane Bell, who receives all the emails for Precision Concepts at the Temecula store. I explained to her what my situation was, and she said there was no problem with getting them back to me in time for my Hatfield trip. I then got them packaged up and they were sent out April 13th. The shocks didn’t arrive at the EL Cajon Precision Concepts, where all the Elka work is done until April 19th. I was getting a bit worried about having them back on the 27th. I checked the Tracking # and the shocks showed up there in EL Cajon a little after 12:00 PM on the 19th. I got home a little after 5:00 PM that night, and to my surprise, my Mom told me they had called and wanted method of payment so they could get them sent back out. The shocks were completely rebuilt/revalved in less then 5 hours and shipped back out. Unbelievable service!

So I got the shocks back Monday April 25th, two days before I was expecting them. I was very excited to get them and put them on. They are easy to put back on, 6 bolts all the way around. I got them on, but the first ride wouldn’t be until Friday. We rode the Hatfield/McCoy all of Friday and most of Saturday. The shocks are easily put, just AMAZING. It feels like I am riding a complete different setup. The back did not buck, and would take the trenches from the water going down the mountain like they weren’t even there. They are softer just pushing on the front and back, but the ride is perfect. Riding the trails was a much better experience. I really can’t say enough for the setup. They ride perfect, and to top it all off, the service was unbelievable and second to none. They will be my choice for custom setups in the future. I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sorry for the long Post.

lil400exman
05-03-2005, 04:47 PM
good post......now when are ya sending the shocks to me?:blah:

05-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Thank you for the great review. i am new to this whole web with talking to poeple and posting things but i am going to try to get on here more to help poeple with the questions that they have on suspension. We do try very hard, We are constantly testing with riders such as Kory Ellis, Jeremy Schell, Tracci Cecco, Wayne Matlock, Doug Eichner, Sage baker, plus Jamie Bougher the cardio stalker from jersey and many more. Bob Bell owner of Precision Concepts has done suspension his whole life and thinks about nothing else but how shocks work. We are the USA service center for ELKA and OHLINS but work on any kind of motorcycle and ATV shock out there including OEM. Our company prides ourself in our work thats why we offer full service to our customers. we have to locations but most of the ATV is ran out of El Cajon Store. Thank you Dave and everyone else look us up if you have a chance Thank You

Allen White
ATV Division Manager

Fred55
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Would you be able to redo stock shocks such as the YFZ?

Dave400ex
05-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Allen I really can't say enough about the setup you guys did for me. It's like night and day. I am very happy I went the way I did, and can't wait to keep getting more ride time on them.

465Stroker
05-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Precision Concepts all the way!:macho

05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
Would you be able to redo stock shocks such as the YFZ?

Yes we can revalve any of the stock shocks that are revalvable such as the YFZ or The TRX450r and the new 05 LTZ. It makes it nice because you will see a noticable difference out of the stock set-up with a revalve.

Dave400ex
05-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I got all of my stickers in the mail today from Diane. Great people to deal with!

khj
05-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Precision Concepts is awsome !!!
Allen White re-valved and adjusted my Elka quadrates for my yfz450 and it made a huge difference !!!

And Allen has been at all of the GNC-MX races helping people get their shocks dailed in for the track.

Thanks Precision
Keep up the good work Allen

Jamie@Cardiostack
05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I must say they are great! Allen white over at Precisionconceptsracing.com has rebiult a few pairs of stock shocks for me and what a difference... I highley recommend them to anyone who needs there shocks rebiult wether they are stock or aftermarket. The turnaround time was also very impressive being they are on west coast and I am east cost..

Allen White is the man!

socallen85
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I race desert and mx on the west coast and work along side Allen, and let me tell you ive never seen somebody work so hard to please everone, he is there night and day trying to get all your shocks done hes the best

oh ya he does my shocks to:macho !

Allen White for GOV ******s

jb500ex
05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
they definately know their stuff. you will not find a better shock tuner out their

05-12-2005, 04:13 PM
When it's time to re-do my shocks, there is no other place I will go than PC. I've ridden the stuff they've done for Epic and was totally impressed.

400-416EX
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Can you guys do tcs shocks also?

05-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 400-416EX
Can you guys do tcs shocks also?

Yes i do shocks for all manufactures. Anything on O.E.M. or aftermarket we can service or revalve.

Admin
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
ATVriders.com welcomes Precision Concepts Racing as one of its newest site sponsors.

06-01-2005, 11:42 AM
i may want to get my front and rear elkas redone by precision concepts, are you guys still accepting resumes for sponsorship? How much would it cost me to do that, how much of a differance would i see between the elka valving and your valving, and what is your phone # because the website wont load for me

Jamie@Cardiostack
06-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Precision Concepts # is 619-593-7473. Ask for Allen White hes the man to talk too. you will love his work!

06-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jamie@Cardiostack
Precision Concepts # is 619-593-7473. Ask for Allen White hes the man to talk too. you will love his work!

thanks! i sent them my resume so hopefully we can get a deal going, cuz now that i heard all of this i really want to do business with them :macho

Jamie@Cardiostack
06-01-2005, 12:30 PM
how come cardiostack never got your resume?

06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jamie@Cardiostack
how come cardiostack never got your resume?

couldnt ever find your e-mail address :(

also i am wondering what that pill contains, it is all good stuff and nothing that will hurt your body? I heard it was a green tea suppliment?

Dave400ex
06-01-2005, 03:32 PM
XxHonda_RacerxX you will be amazed at the difference their valving makes compared to the Elka's. I got a lot more riding time on my shocks again this weekend, and they just keep amazing me. They soak up the whoops like no other, and are setup much better for the woods. I can't wait for the next harescramble race...

sampleez
06-01-2005, 07:55 PM
About how much it would be to revalve both my front and rear shocks, off an 05 yfz? just pm me if you don't want to say it in "public" or whatever.

Thanks

06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
XxHonda_RacerxX you will be amazed at the difference their valving makes compared to the Elka's. I got a lot more riding time on my shocks again this weekend, and they just keep amazing me. They soak up the whoops like no other, and are setup much better for the woods. I can't wait for the next harescramble race...

good to hear! hopefully they wanna sponsor me and give me a good deal then, otherwise i dont know how much im willing to rack onto the cost of my brand new elkas if u kno what i mean, but having that new elka link in the rear would be nice :macho

socallen85
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Precision Conquered the podium in Ensenada Mex, this past weekend

2005 Tecate SCORE Baja 500

Class 22 Open Pro Motorcycle

1st Mike Childress XR's only/ PRECISION CONCEPTS
2nd Johnny Campbell American Honda/ PRECISION CONCEPTS
3rd Robby Bell American Honda/ PRECISION CONCEPTS

Class 25 Open Pro ATV

1st Josh Fredrick Temecula Motorsports/ PRECISION CONCEPTS
2nd Wes Miller H Bomb films/ PRECISION CONCEPTS
3rd Fransisco Ruano Golden West Cycle/ PRECISION CONCEPTS

Im sure glad Precision does my shocks

Allen White still for GOV :macho

eagertorace
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM

I have a gt thunder revalve and linkage and like it well. Just wondering what it would be like if I sent this to him. Would he revalve it for the gt thunder linkage or for the stock linkage?
BTW, I sent Allen a pm.

Dave400ex
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
They would revalve it for the GT Thunder linkage and I'm sure it would be a good setup. If you have all ready had Laz do your shock for the linkage though it should be really good. Laz at GT Thunder is also good with shock setup.

eagertorace
06-08-2005, 05:41 PM
They would revalve it for the GT Thunder linkage and I'm sure it would be a good setup. If you have all ready had Laz do your shock for the linkage though it should be really good. Laz at GT Thunder is also good with shock setup.

The shock was supposely done by gt thunder the first time, then it was revalved for a different weight by someone else. This is what I was told after I bought the shock and linkage. It seems to work well but maybe it would be alot better if done by PC?:confused:

Dave400ex
06-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm sure it could be better. Just call Precision and talk to Allen. It might be best to have your fronts done also...

I had a few other friends ride mine today in the woods and they were both very surprised with the way the suspension worked!

06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
New Precision Concepts racing support program. send in your resume and recieve discounts off labor and parts. Program is open to any racer of any field and any level. Must have a resume into Precision Concepts
1675 N Johnson
El Cajon CA 92020
619-593-7473

This program is set-up to ensure everyone has a safe riding experience and does it on the best suspension possible.

Email Allen White with any questions
allen@precisionconceptsracing.com

socallen85
06-16-2005, 02:49 PM
even my senior women beginner class, I think next year ill move up to novice;)

hey AL ready for the 1000? just bumbin ya back to the top