PDA

View Full Version : throttle adjustment ???

ranger400ex1994
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
this maybe be a dumb question but how do you adjust it ? plus make sure there is only 1/4 inch of slack in the cable?

Rico
05-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Pull the rubber boot back that's at the throttle housing on the handy bars. You can adjust it there. Make sure you have the quad running and warmed up when you adjust it so that you get the correct throttle position.

Whats the 1/4 play for, you want immediate response when pressing it.

For those that don't know, honda ships 400ex's from the factory with only about 75% of the throttle available, so your not getting full power from your motor if you haven't ever adjusted your throttle cable.....:eek2:

ZSK
05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
You can also adjust where the throttle stops at. I don't mean a limiter but the position of end of the stroke. I would get cramps in my thumb because the throttle ended too far away. I adjusted it and no problems.

bigjjohnson369
05-05-2005, 12:29 PM
How exactly do you adjust it? i took the rubber boot off but what do i do from there and how should i adjust it to make it get at 100% response?

ocitman
05-09-2005, 11:27 AM
i just did the same thing you're talking about.
i rejetted my carb with a 152 from a 155 to see if if runs better at sand mountain.

on the foot brake side of the carb there is a black boot cover. i removed it, backed off the idle screw and adjusted the cable from the grip to fully closed.
started it and and adjusted the idle from the carb shut off the bike.

then i manually opened the throttle all the way, twisted the grip, and let go of the throttle on the carb to see how much it closed from WFO.

It was good and now when i twist the gip, it freaking rips. now i'm thinking i may put the 155 back in but i'll do that at SM after i test ride it there.