PDA

View Full Version : ESR 350 TRX9 Setup

trx250r006
05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey, im buying the ESR 350 TRX9 kit from Eddie Sanders Racing, what exhaust, dome, carb, carb boot, reeds etc. do you recomend? Im not exactly lookin just for botom end power thats why im purchasing this kit and not the TRX7, but im lookin for a low end setup on this cylinder kit
Any input would be apreciated

YFZRob
05-03-2005, 02:27 PM
It kinda depends on how much you want to spend. I'm happy with my ESR 310 (TRX-7) w/ Keihin PWK 38mm A/S carb, ESR TRX-5 pipe (power, NOT fitment), and 18cc dome in their head. I am running stock CR250 reed boot and reed cage at ESR's suggestion. DO NOT run pump gas with a 21cc or less ESR dome, maybe even larger. I have had two lean seizures on my 310 kit because, contrary to ESR's suggestion, I needed more octane with the "pump gas" dome. I am running 110 leaded now w/ 18cc dome, and so far so good. The TRX7 porting and TRX-5 pipe sucked on the bottom end when I was running pump gas and "pump gas" dome. With the higher compression, the bottom is VERY nice.

The power of the TRX-5 pipe is very widespread. It just fits like crap in my opinion. If I could do it again, I'd probably go with a Sparks MX pipe, in your situation a Sparks TT for a 330+ cc that they offer.

Hoppedrap
05-03-2005, 04:50 PM
With my ESR 350PV I'm running a 40.5 PWK, ESR Reeds w/ cr manifold, LRD Big Bore Pipe, X Factor air box with 86 boot. Yeah the TRX would not line up at all with my frame, so I had do ditch it and get the lrd which has the top mount. Forget about a pipe from curtis sparks, I've been waiting for over a year!

methyman
05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Im running 40.5 mm PWK carb from ESR and ESR reeds and a Shearer Custom Pipe on my 330 PV and my 330 non PV motor. The PV topend has TRX9 porting touched up by K&T Performance. The non pv topend is TRX11 porting which is now at K&T Performance getting reported as we speak. ESR builds some great products and has great customer relations & support. There is more potential in the porting.