PDA

View Full Version : idle mixture screw adj. ***help***

nowukno
05-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I need to adjust my idle mixture screw on my carb , i was wondering if someone could tell what to look for and if i can do it without taking the carb off?

cals400ex
05-03-2005, 11:43 AM
i have been told the 05's had a different setup. i have even been told you can't adjust them. someone told me they put a slot in the screw so they could turn it with a flat blade. that sounds odd to me but i can't say anything because i haven't seen a 05 yet. this screw is kind of hard to see and get to when the carb is on the bike. it is on the bottom of the carb and sits to the right of the idle adjustment when your sitting on the bike. i can get to mine if i try from the right side of the bike.

nowukno
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM
i was told it was a bronze screw that takes a flat head but i can not find it anywhere , but i did find a bronze screw but its not a flat head and its right beside the idle , but i dont know what to use to adj it with , if anybody has done this on a 2005 400ex please help me!

nowukno
05-03-2005, 03:31 PM
anybody with 05 experience?

cals400ex
05-03-2005, 04:06 PM
that could be the one. is is on the right side of the idle adjustment when sitting on the bike? if so, i bet that is it. the other individual i talked to said he put a notch in his so he could turn it with a flat blade. sorry if this doesn't help much.