PDA

View Full Version : 230 performance

1shaved230
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
I just got a 230 quadsport. I shaved the front and rear fenders,made a front bumper, got wheels and tries and a pro circut exhaust. I found a cam kit for it but was wondering what the best duration would be for high performance. I do alot of riding on the road, in the woods and hill climbing. Has anyone ever got one and titanium valves. I am planing on getting it bored .30 over with a wiseco piston. Will a cam make a big difference. Also has anyone ever had one and put performace mods on it.

2muchquad
05-03-2005, 11:26 AM
im not sure how big of a selection there is with cams for that,i do know web makes 2 for it.i remember those actually ran pretty good for what they were,pretty strong for the displacement,BUT dont expect to take on the newer bigger bore quads.why would you want to put in titanium valves?if yours need replace just go with some stockers or aftermarkets,it would be cheaper.the 300ex or 250x headpipe will bolt up to your quadsport if you cant find a bigger diameter one for it.just freshen it up and enjoy it for what it is,when you start getting the urge for more b@lls,sell it to upgrade.also keep your axle and swingarm bearings tight as those quads will throw a chain quicker than you scatch your nutz:D