PDA

View Full Version : finally found the right front end

Out_Sider
05-02-2005, 06:19 PM
well after trying many setups.. i think i've found the one that best suits me. i've read alot about the 400ex front end, and having rode one myself i did not like it, but i was interested in the longer shocks that people run with them (14.75). so i bought some Works dual rates w/ rezzys that are 14.75, and then i ordered a shock relocator kit. i bought this one off ebay for 90 bucks (yes expensive i know, but theres no welds and its adjustable and VERY VERY beefy) and bolted them up to my 300ex +2+1 a arms. after the first ride on them i knew i had found my setup. its smooth as butter and i was trying to nose dive the quad to see if bottoming would occur (i dont reccomend ppl doin this, BTW) and it passed with flying colors, the quad landed smooth and i felt more in control with this front end. i think if anyone wants a good handling front end on your 300ex you should definatly look into having a setup similar to mine. my first race on this setup will be this weekend (May 7th) so i'll be back with a report on it that night.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3205/quad_209.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3205/quad_208.jpg

honda_racer_713
05-02-2005, 06:51 PM
i have the relocator as well, same one that you have, and it is extremely strong, nothin could break it

300excrazy98
05-08-2005, 01:43 PM
hey man if you ever want to sell those 14.75in shocks please pm me asap. i really need a pair of those to put on my 300ex with 400ex front end!!! thnaks

300ex73
05-08-2005, 02:54 PM
At least you're not using the 400EX arms. The only things that I'll be using on my front end from a 400 would be the shocks and brake lines. But I'm not going to use a relocator, simply because the Burgard arms are designed to use 400 length shocks. And the brake lines, just simply because I don't know of anyone who makes +4 brake lines for a 300EX.

But, I'd say good job, and give you a thumbs up for not using the whole 400 front end setup. To me, that just seems like a bunch of jerry rigged crap. I know not everyone can afford to spend the money for the LT setup, but neither could I. That's what saving money is for though :cool: .

theTman
05-08-2005, 04:27 PM
nice superhero:p